Author Topic: Wade's ex-wife claims he infected her with a STD  (Read 7979 times)

Re: Wade's ex-wife claims he infected her with a STD
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 03:34:10 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Wade didn't rape anyone, he didn't
beat anyone, he didn't shoot anyone.
Which means I really don't care.

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 03:41:38 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
How so?

Generally? The gold-digger myth that's perpetuated throughout sports culture to belittle often long-suffering spouses.

Specifically? Off-the-cuff, ugly, reaction that's more far fetched than these allegations considering the particulars: an eight year relationship (that began while Wade was the seventh best high school basketball player in Indiana. Cha-ching! Oh wait...), their two children, the fact that Wade lived with Siohvaughn's family during his senior year in high-school, the fact that he was making public appearances with other women even before his divorce was finalized, her lawyers' claims she is prepared to back up her testimony with medical records, etc.

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 04:11:07 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
 That explains what was crawling around on that plate during the T-Mobile commercial.  Yikes. :-X

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 04:16:58 PM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
That's too bad they are getting divorced. In public they seemed to be very happy together and his wife was involved in managing some charities I think. I don't think she's a gold digger, she just wants what is rightfully hers, especially if Wade was cheating on her which is certainly possible.

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 04:23:46 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Wade spreading the Heat

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009, 04:28:20 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Wade spreading the Heat

ooooooooooooooooooooo, low blow. Dangit, I'm just perpetuating the problem.

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009, 04:51:13 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
It just shows how images are created in professional sports.  The nba promoted Wade as almost the perfect guy, much like it did with Kobe early in his career.  After a couple public mess-ups, we all learn that the players are far from perfect.  Just like us- except they have more opportunity to screw up, and when they do its national news.
I'll still give Wade credit for being a nicer guy than Kobe. He just needs to learn to use a condom.

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2009, 05:48:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
TP4U Walker Wiggle. While I don't think there's anything wrong with maestro's comment, I do give WW a TP for pointing out that often times when it comes to relationships that go sour in big time atletics it is way to often that the spouse is painted as a gold digging, greedy, selfish person when often times it is the spouse that is being mistreated in the relationship because of a husband that is away from home for long, long stretches, has sometimes one and often more than one extra marital relationships, and who has to raise the children by herself.

I can see if Mrs. Wade was someone who latched onto Dwayne when he was already an established star and had an income and then was looking for money and this story came out. But as Walker points out this was a relationship that pre-dated college. I more of the opinion that D Wade changed and had several affairs and gave his wife herpes than I am to believe that a high school relationship went bad when a superstar's wife got money grubbing and decided she wanted to divorce said superstar and take him to the cleaners and besmirch his good name.

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2009, 07:11:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
How so?

Generally? The gold-digger myth that's perpetuated throughout sports culture to belittle often long-suffering spouses.

Specifically? Off-the-cuff, ugly, reaction that's more far fetched than these allegations considering the particulars: an eight year relationship (that began while Wade was the seventh best high school basketball player in Indiana. Cha-ching! Oh wait...), their two children, the fact that Wade lived with Siohvaughn's family during his senior year in high-school, the fact that he was making public appearances with other women even before his divorce was finalized, her lawyers' claims she is prepared to back up her testimony with medical records, etc.
You're absolutely right that the stereotype often is used to slander wives or girlfriends unfairly.

Unfortunately gold-diggers do exist and target athletes in every sport. I'm a Bears fan and Urlacher has son with one, she is a piece of work. There are a ton more we don't usually hear about.

But Wade's wife clearly isn't one, and none of use really know what happened.

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 12:46:44 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
How so?

True, but at the same time people change. Maybe not necessarily money grabbing, that's a bit harsh. But to tarnish his reputation certainly. Plus, she's taken the kids with her, so would anyone really be surprised if she's taking digs and putting that out there so she can actually get some money. I'm not saying that's what she did, but it's certainly something a lot of people do.

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 12:52:05 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
My guess is she's a money grabbing ex who will do anything to tarnish his reputation so she can get as much as possible. It happens.

I agree 100%.

This type of kneejerk response is deeply depressing.

so is everyone slamming Wade without knowing anything other than the AP story.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 10:32:49 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
He probably caught it from ....

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 10:58:23 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I wish the moderators would lock this puppy up. Who wants to read about accusations about STDs in a divorce suit?  This is not a guy who was arrested for anything. He is involved in a divorce with a very angry soon to be ex-wife.  Give him his privacy.

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2009, 12:24:53 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
well, i wonder who his other "Fave Four" were?

gary payton reminded d. wade that this never happened to him...hence, the nickname "the glove"...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."