Author Topic: Lebron James Buzzer beater in Golden State  (Read 10732 times)

Re: Lebron James Buzzer beater in Golden State
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 09:57:07 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Am I the only one who thinks that the shot clock was stuck at 4.7 for around a second after Lebron touched the ball?? ???

wouldnt suprise me at all
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 10:02:05 AM »

• Don Chaney
Ehh, yeah I know were all salivating for home court advantage, but ehh either which way were gonna have to go through cleveland, games against the Warriors I keep an eye on while im at the bar but already consider them a cleveland win, if GS pulls it out, then its a bonus.

I really truely think, if we're playing our best basketball we can handle Cleveland in Cleveland, even though that we're 0-6 in cleveland and theyre 0-7 in Boston stat is scary, I still have confidence.  Last year Cleveland had us in our most vulnerable spot, we were still finding ourselves as a team in the playoffs and we still pulled it out.

But yes none the less having home court is nice.

I don't know man, I think the series is going 7 and who ever has homecourt moves on, not only are the cavs good, but they are nearly impossible to beat on their homecourt, you cant breathe on lebron there, you arent going to get a single call there, and i Havent seen anything indicating the celtics can win in the quicken loans arena
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 10:57:23 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I don't know man, I think the series is going 7 and who ever has homecourt moves on, not only are the cavs good, but they are nearly impossible to beat on their homecourt, you cant breathe on lebron there, you arent going to get a single call there, and i Havent seen anything indicating the celtics can win in the quicken loans arena
I'm with you.  I think we'd need home court advantage to move on.  I watched the 4th quarter too.  Great game.  Last 4 possessions Jackson and James were clutch.  I thought GS had the game, but clutch shot by Lebron.  I actually hollered out loud, I was so irritated by that last James shot.  Hope I didn't wake the neighbors  :P

Man, we'd have had best record in the east, too.

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 11:00:43 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Cavs will lose tonight in Utah. And yes, homecourt is vital in that series. LeBron can take 7 steps in QL Arena..

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 11:12:38 AM »

• Don Chaney
Again, the thing that worries me most is that we lost 2 games we should've won in GS and POR and Cleveland won 2 games they should've lost in the same places without 2 starters...thats not a good sign for things to come
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 11:20:14 AM by TatteredOnMySleeve »

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2009, 11:22:19 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Cavs will lose tonight in Utah. And yes, homecourt is vital in that series. LeBron can take 7 steps in QL Arena..

Careful what you say -- the refs might T you up if you try to attend a game.  Everyone knows you don't call traveling on the King.

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2009, 11:52:59 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Again, the thing that worries me most is that we lost 2 games we should've won in GS and POR and Cleveland won 2 games they should've lost in the same places without 2 starters...thats not a good sign for things to come

This really does not mean anything about the future. That is just 2 games if try to analyze every game a team wins and loses and to who it will drive you crazy.

The thing that worries me is that the refs seem to be giving them an advantage at times so they can just barely slip by and win these games mostly because of Lebron. Refs are so bad and corrupted by Stern and his henchmen I would not be surprised. They need a complete overhaul on refs.

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2009, 11:59:01 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923

Careful what you say -- the refs might T you up if you try to attend a game.  Everyone knows you don't call traveling on the King.

Didn't that ref who called him for travelling get banished?

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2009, 11:59:10 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I'm just amazed that the shot was his first career buzzer beater.

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2009, 12:15:06 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170

That could be good in a round-about kind of way. The Cavs have lost where Celtics have won in Atlanta Detroit Washington Miami. Hopefully it means they are having a harder time than the Celtics with the good Eastern conference teams (and the Wiz) who they have to play on the road twice.
To win in Cleveland the other team would probably have to build a 50 point officiating proof lead and even then who knows. I wonder if the crab dribble referee will get to officiate a game there this season.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2009, 12:15:19 PM »

• Don Chaney
I'm just amazed that the shot was his first career buzzer beater.

I know, right? even Durant hit a couple when he was 19...amazing a player of LeBrons caliber has never done it until last night.
Hopefully it doesnt become a re-occuring theme for LeBrick

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2009, 04:31:35 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Lebron, who had nothing to do with the play that Williams got the three on, I might add, MISSED an easy layup the possession before. Totally unclutch. He also got rejected at the rim by Biedrins three posessions before the Mo Williams three.

1) Missed an easy layup>? You mean the one where he was clearly fouled (as the replay shows)? Ok kid, take off your hater sunglasses and bring some real input to the discussion.

2) Did you stop watching after the Biedrins rejection? LeBron STOLE Biedrin's outlet pass and made a left-handed layup with contact. Man, that sure isn't clutch - stealing the ball after you got blocked and making a really difficult layup.

3) Totally unclutch? http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM
I guess statistics really don't mean anything, huh?

Since you seem to either be a) blind or b) have terrible short-term memory, here's the video recap which shows all of these "unclutch" plays.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290123009

It was LeBron's first game winner at the buzzer. LBJ has made a handful game winners that came with a few seconds left on the clock (like against the Bobcats, Hornets, Pistons, Blazers). 

The one against the Hornets came with .5 left (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bl2MvTsHs)

Portland - .3 left
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llCDSaNZpWo&feature=related

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 04:49:12 PM by markketch »

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2009, 04:49:50 PM »

• Don Chaney
Lebron, who had nothing to do with the play that Williams got the three on, I might add, MISSED an easy layup the possession before. Totally unclutch. He also got rejected at the rim by Biedrins three posessions before the Mo Williams three.

1) Missed an easy layup>? You mean the one where he was clearly fouled (as the replay shows)? Ok kid, take off your hater sunglasses and bring some real input to the discussion.

2) Did you stop watching after the Biedrins rejection? LeBron STOLE Biedrin's outlet pass and made a left-handed layup with contact. Man, that sure isn't clutch - stealing the ball after you got blocked and making a really difficult layup.

3) Totally unclutch? http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM
I guess statistics really don't mean anything, huh?

It was LeBron's first game winner at the buzzer. LBJ has made a handful game winners that came with a few seconds left on the clock (like against the Bobcats, Hornets, Pistons).  The one against the Hornets came with .5 left (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bl2MvTsHs)

Since you seem to either be a) blind or b) have terrible short-term memory, here's the video recap which shows all of these "unclutch" plays.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290123009

Generally Lebron isnt that clutch man, but he did do alot of good things in last nights game late
Like hitting his free throws in the 4th
as you mentioned, the steal from biedrins and layup
and of course the buzzer beater

Also, when is that clip from? I heard time and time again last night was his first career buzzer beater?

...Cavs fan?

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2009, 04:53:08 PM »

Offline markketch

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16

Generally Lebron isnt that clutch man, but he did do alot of good things in last nights game
Like hitting his free throws in the 4th
as you mentioned, the steal from biedrins and layup
and of course the buzzer beater

Also, when is that clip from? I heard time and time again last night was his first career buzzer beater?

He's more "clutch" than people give him credit for, as the 82links analysis shows.  He might not hit buzzer beaters, but he's one of the best at scoring with under 5 minutes left either tied or down.  Clutch doesn't mean just hitting game winners.

The Hornets clip was from 2006, Blazers from 2008.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 05:07:21 PM by markketch »

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2009, 05:08:11 PM »

Offline illantari

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
Geez, I was so POed when that shot went in.  Seriously, the Warriors aren't that great, but Mo Williams was like 0-7 the first quarter and a half.  If they're not going to lose now when Z and Delonte are out, when are they?

We need HCA, but I'm beginning to think we're going to have to come up with a ref-proof strategy of playing them at home too.  It seems like they get the calls in every arena.