Author Topic: Lebron James Buzzer beater in Golden State  (Read 10736 times)

Lebron James Buzzer beater in Golden State
« on: January 24, 2009, 01:20:15 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I thought the warriors were on the verge of doing us a huge favor tonight, only for lebron to stick a jumper with no time remaining to win 106-105 and I just about punched a hole in the wall, all the little things that GS did wrong in that 4th caught up to them, and cleveland continues to keep pace with 2 starters out and I absolutely despise cleveland and Lebron!!!!, when the hell  are they gonna lose there 9th game ::) :o

Monta Ellis looked good in his return

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 01:36:02 AM by TatteredOnMySleeve »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

Re: Lebron James Buzzer beater in Golden State
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 01:42:38 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
I thought the warriors were on the verge of doing us a huge favor tonight, only for lebron to stick a jumper with no time remaining to win 106-105 and I just about punched a hole in the wall, all the little things that GS did wrong in that 4th caught up to them, and cleveland continues to keep pace with 2 starters out and I absolutely despise cleveland and Lebron!!!!, when the hell  are they gonna lose there 9th game ::) :o

Not going to lose many Lebron has help from the refs most of the time,the game before this one was an example.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 01:47:07 AM »

• Don Chaney

[/quote]

Not going to lose many Lebron has help from the refs most of the time,the game before this one was an example.
[/quote]

I know, Portland still had many chances to win that game, but couldnt hit timely shots like cleveland who also got all the timely calls/momentum changing calls. Im getting TICKED everytime they win, basically because I know WE NEEEEEED homecourt against them, they have 2 starters out, are out west, youd think we could start to pull ahead, but nooo.
heres to utah winning tommorow...  :-\ ::) ...someone help us OUT!! Miami, feel free to beat Orlando
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 01:48:01 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.

Except for all those tats he showed up with.  Gross.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 01:51:46 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I watched this game. What was particularly annoying about this game was not only that Cleveland won a game they didn't really deserve (the Warriors gave it away), but that it will now be talked about ad naseaum how clutch Lebrick is, when really he chokes all the time. In this game, the reality was that the biggest shot was a Mo Williams three from the corner. It gave the Cavs the lead and totally changed the game. Lebron, who had nothing to do with the play that Williams got the three on, I might add, MISSED an easy layup the possession before. Totally unclutch. He also got rejected at the rim by Biedrins three posessions before the Mo Williams three. Before that, he tried to go behind the back and got stripped by Maggette. Basically, Lebron struggled and made things worse for his team for the entire second half right up until the buzzer beater, which is going to be the only play in the highlights, thus perpetuating the myth that Lebron is clutch. Just makes me feel exasperated.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 01:54:48 AM »

• Don Chaney
I watched this game. What was particularly annoying about this game was not only that Cleveland won a game they didn't really deserve (the Warriors gave it away), but that it will now be talked about ad naseaum how clutch Lebrick is, when really he chokes all the time. In this game, the reality was that the biggest shot was a Mo Williams three from the corner. It gave the Cavs the lead and totally changed the game. Lebron, who had nothing to do with the play that Williams got the three on, I might had, MISSED an easy layup the possession before. Totally unclutch. He also got rejected at the rim by Biedrins three posessions before the Mo Williams three. Before that, he tried to go behind the back and got stripped by Maggette. Basically, Lebron struggled and made things worse for his team for the entire second half right up until the buzzer beater, which is going to be the only play in the highlights, thus perpetuating the myth that Lebron is clutch.

Yeah, when that ball left his hands, it tottally looked like a brick...what about that Ben wallace 18 footer in the 4th quarter?  ::) Gibson and Williams 3's didnt help either...and what about all the gushing done by the warriors announcers? why dont they just kiss the ground the guy walks on for crying out loud

the cavs continuing to win gives the celtics little to no margin for error...and another bad thing is we lost to both Portland and GS on our trip and the balls/calls just didnt go our way...well they did bounce LeCavs way...what a shame
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 02:00:14 AM by TatteredOnMySleeve »

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 02:02:10 AM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
Guys these things will even out. We had some unlucky bounces, Cavs had some lucky bounces, still half the season left for things to regress to the mean.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 02:04:07 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I watched this game. What was particularly annoying about this game was not only that Cleveland won a game they didn't really deserve (the Warriors gave it away), but that it will now be talked about ad naseaum how clutch Lebrick is, when really he chokes all the time. In this game, the reality was that the biggest shot was a Mo Williams three from the corner. It gave the Cavs the lead and totally changed the game. Lebron, who had nothing to do with the play that Williams got the three on, I might had, MISSED an easy layup the possession before. Totally unclutch. He also got rejected at the rim by Biedrins three posessions before the Mo Williams three. Before that, he tried to go behind the back and got stripped by Maggette. Basically, Lebron struggled and made things worse for his team for the entire second half right up until the buzzer beater, which is going to be the only play in the highlights, thus perpetuating the myth that Lebron is clutch.

Yeah, when that ball left his hands, it tottally looked like a brick...what about that Ben wallace 18 footer in the 4th quarter?  ::) Gibson and Williams 3's didnt help either...and what about all the gushing done by the warriors announcers? why dont they just kiss the ground the guy walks on for crying out loud

the cavs continuing to win gives the celtics little to no margin for error...and another bad thing is we lost to both Portland and GS on our trip and the ball/calls just didnt go our way...well they did bounce LeCavs way...what a shame

I know, that shot looked so off when he released it. As it got closer, though, I knew what was coming.

What I didn't expect was for the GS announcer to yell "GOT IT!!!" and go crazy for the OTHER TEAM. That was so weird to hear.

The Ben Wallace 18-footer? *sigh* I can't even talk about the Ben Wallace 18-footer. You give him that shot 10 times in a game, he might make it once. Maybe.

I think the Cavs wlll start to skid, just give it time. Our schedule is getting easier by the game while the Cavs sked is getting more difficult, because of the teams they'll be playing and the frequency of their games (more back to backs).
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 02:05:49 AM »

• Don Chaney
Guys these things will even out. We had some unlucky bounces, Cavs had some lucky bounces, still half the season left for things to regress to the mean.

Hopefully, because the one team we need homecourt over is cleveland, i think we can beat orlando and LA on the road, just not the cavs...so every game is important, and im hating this having to keep pace with them crap, I'd prefer we didnt have 10 losses when they dont even have 9, so I was thrilled Golden state was gonna win this game (or so I thought)

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 02:14:06 AM »

• Don Chaney
..another weird thing is I was wondering during the game whether or not LeBron had ever hit a buzzer beater...Ironically this was the first of his career.. blame me :P

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 02:16:36 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

Hopefully, because the one team we need homecourt over is cleveland, i think we can beat orlando and LA on the road, just not the cavs...so every game is important, and im hating this having to keep pace with them crap, I'd prefer we didnt have 10 losses when they dont even have 9, so I was thrilled Golden state was gonna win this game (or so I thought)

Cavs have played fewer games. I really think Celtics got screwed in the sch. department.
Orlando and Cavs have had multiple times having 3 days off in between a game, Celtics rarely get even 2 days off between a game.  Win a championship against Stern's beloved Lakers? You get punished.  :-\

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 02:18:35 AM »

• Don Chaney

Except for all those tats he showed up with.  Gross.

Anythings better than that childish Daniel Gibson hair-cut...haha
But yeah I was wondering about those tats, to much money and spare time I suppose
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 02:24:32 AM by TatteredOnMySleeve »

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 03:01:00 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
..another weird thing is I was wondering during the game whether or not LeBron had ever hit a buzzer beater...Ironically this was the first of his career.. blame me :P

So he's not the Second Coming after all  ;)

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 03:15:54 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Ehh, yeah I know were all salivating for home court advantage, but ehh either which way were gonna have to go through cleveland, games against the Warriors I keep an eye on while im at the bar but already consider them a cleveland win, if GS pulls it out, then its a bonus.

I really truely think, if we're playing our best basketball we can handle Cleveland in Cleveland, even though that we're 0-6 in cleveland and theyre 0-7 in Boston stat is scary, I still have confidence.  Last year Cleveland had us in our most vulnerable spot, we were still finding ourselves as a team in the playoffs and we still pulled it out.

But yes none the less having home court is nice.
Greg

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 05:43:42 AM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Am I the only one who thinks that the shot clock was stuck at 4.7 for around a second after Lebron touched the ball?? ???
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...