Author Topic: Welcome to Boston, Aaron Nesmith!!!  (Read 38248 times)

Re: Welcome to Boston, Aaron Nesmith!!!
« Reply #210 on: February 20, 2021, 02:58:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I think we need to run more plays for him.  Run him off screens, etc.  He’s got too much talent to be used like Semi.
Yeah, we should absolutely get him moving. Given we run a double-big lineup so much I would love to see us run some elevator screens for him like GSW have used for their snipers
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #211 on: February 20, 2021, 05:54:08 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
I think we need to run more plays for him.  Run him off screens, etc.  He’s got too much talent to be used like Semi.
Yeah, we should absolutely get him moving. Given we run a double-big lineup so much I would love to see us run some elevator screens for him like GSW have used for their snipers

Also -- yesterday Nesmith hit his first 3 and then missed his second 3 badly.  Back down the court he had an open look and passed it up.  Nesmith really needs to shoot, shoot, shoot.  His confidence is understandably not high -- but compare with Pritchard who appears to be a miss and forget guy -- next time down the court he's taking the shot if it's available.  Nesmith is impacted by his misses and he has to get over that.

« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2021, 07:00:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
not to have zero nba experience, he is finally keeping his head above water and not drowning...like Young did.  I never saw the urgency in Young ever ....that I see in Nesmith face , you can see the concern , emotion and hustling reflect his desire ....not to wind up in Chinese league .   

He is definitely having the speed of the game , length of players screw up his timing ,  this fraction of sec has him off his mark. .  It took Smart a while and AB to adjust .  I think Romeo had the grasp on what his role was really well , maybe he can stay healthy long enough to really shine .

I think PP and Romeo could make an intresting duo in the back court .  Both confidence and passing and good handles .

« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2021, 07:02:25 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Also -- yesterday Nesmith hit his first 3 and then missed his second 3 badly.  Back down the court he had an open look and passed it up.  Nesmith really needs to shoot, shoot, shoot.  His confidence is understandably not high -- but compare with Pritchard who appears to be a miss and forget guy -- next time down the court he's taking the shot if it's available.  Nesmith is impacted by his misses and he has to get over that.

Good point, NG, TP.

« Reply #214 on: February 20, 2021, 08:00:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Nesmith rookie or not. Has to get it going with the 3 pt shot

Team mainly got him due to 3 pt shooting. Not hustle plays...  though it has been a pleasent surprise

With Pritchard losing steam as of late. It would be a bummer if neither of these guys can really help with the 3s (Danny draft intention)

Danny then will need to go out and trade for Reddick or something similar.  A little overpay for half a season might be worth it too, if Reddick can teach guys like Edwards, PP, Nesmith become better pro shooters

« Reply #215 on: February 27, 2021, 11:56:34 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

« Reply #216 on: February 27, 2021, 12:00:29 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/jerry-stackhouse-celtics-rookie-aaron-nesmith-once-he-gets-it-look-out

If nothing else, you can tell Nesmith really tries and wants to constantly improve. The amount he’s improved on defense from that preseason game against Philly to today is night and day. He also seems like a nice kid who fits in well with the team personality.

I have high hopes for him. That he can be a good NBA player some day.

« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2021, 12:08:38 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Team mainly got him due to 3 pt shooting. Not hustle plays...  though it has been a pleasent surprise

With Pritchard losing steam as of late. It would be a bummer if neither of these guys can really help with the 3s (Danny draft intention)

Danny then will need to go out and trade for Reddick or something similar.  A little overpay for half a season might be worth it too, if Reddick can teach guys like Edwards, PP, Nesmith become better pro shooters

Pritchard got it going again last night. I’m not worried about Nesmith.

« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2021, 12:25:16 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/jerry-stackhouse-celtics-rookie-aaron-nesmith-once-he-gets-it-look-out

If nothing else, you can tell Nesmith really tries and wants to constantly improve. The amount he’s improved on defense from that preseason game against Philly to today is night and day. He also seems like a nice kid who fits in well with the team personality.

Yeah...he wasn't my choice in the draft with our pick, but I actually now feel confidant that I was wrong.  I really like the pick.

« Reply #219 on: February 27, 2021, 02:30:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I think this unfair to expect Nesmith and Pritchard to be anything other than the inconsistent rookies the are. Both will have good games and bad, off games and on and some good streaks of games and some bad streaks of games. That also goes for portions of their games, like three pointing.

It's not Nesmith's or Pritchard's fault that Danny built a bench and a team (one that last we checked went to the ECFs and left fans with huge expectations), that would force rookies to have to play like grizzled veterans, in order for the team to reach those deep playoff expectations.

Guessing here, but I expect to hear the same stuff about Langford when he returns.

« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2021, 03:14:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yeah...he wasn't my choice in the draft with our pick, but I actually now feel confidant that I was wrong.  I really like the pick.

Imo

Floor - Royce O'Neale
Mid - Malik Beasley
Ceiling - Khris Middleton

« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2021, 04:08:49 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

agreed, but i think part of that is pritchard is 2 years older (23 years old) and has played in 144 college games, wherein he took 759 3 point shots. lots of experience in both making and missing those shots.

nesmith is 21 years old and played in 46 college games and took a total of 290 3 point shots.

experience teaches us all many things.

i believe that nesmith will become the better nba player of the two. but pritchard has a great headstart on nesmith for now.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2021, 05:11:34 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Stevens should treat him like Spo treats Robinson: yell at him (and potentially bench him) every time he passes up an open shot.

Of course, that'll be a lot easier once we have Smart (and Langford?) back to take his minutes
I'm bitter.

« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2021, 05:21:18 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

agreed, but i think part of that is pritchard is 2 years older (23 years old) and has played in 144 college games, wherein he took 759 3 point shots. lots of experience in both making and missing those shots.

nesmith is 21 years old and played in 46 college games and took a total of 290 3 point shots.

experience teaches us all many things.

i believe that nesmith will become the better nba player of the two. but pritchard has a great headstart on nesmith for now.

I agree with this assessment and prediction.

« Reply #224 on: February 27, 2021, 10:17:10 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
If Jaylen can't play on Sunday, I hope Nesmith gets the start.