Author Topic: Sheriden: Brett Brown has lost the 76ers locker room  (Read 3928 times)

Re: Sheriden: Brett Brown has lost the 76ers locker room
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2019, 06:39:09 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The Sixers are a team with very good talent, but a few disrespectful punks too. Butler, Embiid, Simmons.

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2019, 06:45:08 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
OH MY..............LOL

This is vicious.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26555668/missing-poster-brooklyn-targets-simmons

Methinks Ben Simmons had BETTER bring his A-Game because he and Oscar Nominee Joel will have a tough going in BKN.

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2019, 06:52:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Sheridan is a hack. He has been for a long time. It's would not surprise me to see this is all a pile of nothing.

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2019, 11:38:16 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Sheridan is a hack. He has been for a long time. It's would not surprise me to see this is all a pile of nothing.

Now there are reports that Sheridan has been fired. I can't find a link I trust but that's pretty funny.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2019, 12:08:28 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'll say this, though - Ben Simmons played with FIRE in Game 3...

For someone whom I still consider a bit flawed (without a J) he certainly can mask this well when he plays like he does the last two games.

At WORST - Ben Simmons is a good defender, great athlete, great rebounder and facilitator and can get to the basket with nearly the same ease as Greek Freak.

BKN had better back up their trash talk and so far they haven't.

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2019, 01:29:55 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919

Yep.

Also, just like with all of the negative C’s/Kyrie/AD rumors, you always have to look at who would benefit from such a rumor being spread.

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2019, 07:00:12 PM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
Apparently the Lakers are going to interview Sixers assistant Monte Williams for a second time for their vacant coaching position.

I've been thinking it was likely that the Sixers let Brown go and promote Williams after the season ends. I thought that was why they hired Williams in the first place. It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out.

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2019, 07:34:53 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Apparently the Lakers are going to interview Sixers assistant Monte Williams for a second time for their vacant coaching position.

I've been thinking it was likely that the Sixers let Brown go and promote Williams after the season ends. I thought that was why they hired Williams in the first place. It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out.
The Sixers hired Williams to replace Lloyd Pierce who got the Hawks head coaching job.  Williams has a losing record as head coach in his 5 season with NOP.  If the Sixers were to fire Brown, they'd have an open interview process.   Williams might get an interview but I doubt he'd be their top choice. 

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2019, 09:13:05 PM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22

The Sixers hired Williams to replace Lloyd Pierce who got the Hawks head coaching job.  Williams has a losing record as head coach in his 5 season with NOP.  If the Sixers were to fire Brown, they'd have an open interview process.   Williams might get an interview but I doubt he'd be their top choice.

Williams' record is actually better than Brown's, but neither was hired by Elton Brand. Brand might want to shop for his own coach.

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2019, 09:39:10 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
The entitlement from players like Embiid, Butler and Simmons who have have not come close to winning anything in this league is sickening. Maybe I’m just getting old but it seems like a lot of these young NBA players think they know it all and don’t have to listen to coaches. This years Celtics team with the lack of effort or bickering behind the scenes had me the least interested in basketball for periods of time. I’m hoping this isn’t the new norm in the NBA. I do respect young players like the freak who wants to stay in Milwaukee instead of looking to join some other star buddy. Or Liliard out in Portland or even Tatum here. There certainly are some level headed young stars out there as well but the entitled babies seem to be taken over more.

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2019, 09:42:02 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Williams' record is actually better than Brown's, but neither was hired by Elton Brand. Brand might want to shop for his own coach.
Of course because the 1st 3 seasons of Brown's were under the Process when the Sixers were tanking hard and the 4th season Embiid got injured for the season in January.  The Sixers have won more than 50 games the past two seasons.  The last time that happened for the Sixers was the mid 80s. 

Brand doesn't have the pull to get rid of Brown.  Brown was involved in the hiring of Brand.  Brown will be around as long as the owner Josh Harris and Embiid want him to be around. 

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2019, 10:12:03 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
The entitlement from players like Embiid, Butler and Simmons who have have not come close to winning anything in this league is sickening. Maybe I’m just getting old but it seems like a lot of these young NBA players think they know it all and don’t have to listen to coaches. This years Celtics team with the lack of effort or bickering behind the scenes had me the least interested in basketball for periods of time. I’m hoping this isn’t the new norm in the NBA. I do respect young players like the freak who wants to stay in Milwaukee instead of looking to join some other star buddy. Or Liliard out in Portland or even Tatum here. There certainly are some level headed young stars out there as well but the entitled babies seem to be taken over more.
First, Butler is a vet not a young player.  Second, Embiid has said he wants to be in Philly for his whole career.  Third, what's your evidence that Embiid, Butler and Simmons are entitled any more than other NBA stars?  <crickets...>  Fourth, what's your evidence they don't listen to Coach Brown?  <crickets...> 

There's an article on the Athletic about Coach Brown where he states in previous seasons that he didn't get much input back from players.  However this season with the vets and Embiid and Simmons getting more experienced that has changed and he's enjoying the creative collaboration.  This isn't college where coaches are dictators.  NBA players are professionals who often have better ideas of what will work.  The Sixers are better off for Butler questioning Brown back in December.  They've incorporated more pick-n-rolls into their offense which suits Butler and Harris.