Author Topic: Ben Simmons disses 76er fans who booed him  (Read 4762 times)

Re: Ben Simmons disses 76er fans who booed him
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2019, 05:02:54 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I don't think Simmons is wrong, but it's probably not something he should be saying in public.

And it certainly doesn't help him by saying it after the game he had.

I was watching the game and found it very strange that the boooing began like mid way into the 2nd qtr. I would agree with this one with simmons, just a weak showing from the philly "fans".

Yeah I mean, we were down 8-10 points on numerous occasions against the Pacers in the 1st half, but I didn't hear our crowd booing. Even a couple times they started a "Lets go Celtics" chant to spark something in the team.
agreed
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2019, 05:22:01 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I don't think Simmons is wrong, but it's probably not something he should be saying in public.

I was watching the game and found it very strange that the boooing began like mid way into the 2nd qtr. I would agree with this one with simmons, just a weak showing from the philly "fans".

Yeah I mean, we were down 8-10 points on numerous occasions against the Pacers in the 1st half, but I didn't hear our crowd booing. Even a couple times they started a "Lets go Celtics" chant to spark something in the team.
agreed

If I had to sit through a season of watching him...i would boo too

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2019, 06:45:27 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

agreed

from what i have seen and what i read it was more boos for repeated poor effort. I could see us booing repeated poor effort regardless and there there has even been some in games the celtics were winning

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2019, 12:58:04 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

agreed

from what i have seen and what i read it was more boos for repeated poor effort. I could see us booing repeated poor effort regardless and there there has even been some in games the celtics were winning

From the comments on Libertyballers I think the dissatisfaction with Ben is mainly to do with the fact that a) he hasn't improved at all from last year; and b) acts and looks disinterested at times. Couple that with the fact that he's dating Kendall Jenner and the perception was he spent most of last summer partying with her instead of developing a jump shot and you can understand why some fans are upset at how ineffectual he was in Game 1. If the perception was that he worked his butt off and this is the best he can do but he's putting in 100% every night I think the dissatisfaction would be less.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2019, 01:05:09 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

agreed

From the comments on Libertyballers I think the dissatisfaction with Ben is mainly to do with the fact that a) he hasn't improved at all from last year; and b) acts and looks disinterested at times. Couple that with the fact that he's dating Kendall Jenner and the perception was he spent most of last summer partying with her instead of developing a jump shot and you can understand why some fans are upset at how ineffectual he was in Game 1. If the perception was that he worked his butt off and this is the best he can do but he's putting in 100% every night I think the dissatisfaction would be less.

Also I think his brother is his shooting coach. I give him credit for playing well tonight, but he really does seem to have a bad attitude. It’s tough to see him ever reaching the “next Lebron” level he was touted as coming in (which obviously nobody really reaches, but few also get hyped as much as him)