Author Topic: Ben Simmons disses 76er fans who booed him  (Read 4749 times)

Re: Ben Simmons disses 76er fans who booed him
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2019, 08:00:45 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Simmons reminds me of Lonzo Ball. Some real talent mixed with a few glaring weakness. In the NBA they focus on your weakness and make them who you are and what you're all about.

A player with championship character realizes he has these flaws and goes to work on them in the offseason. Too many NBA players are too satisfied with themselves and have an offseason of screwing strippers instead of working on their game. True Character in the NBA is almost none existent.

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2019, 09:48:48 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
his whole demeanor has big market written all over him.   He ll jump at the chance to be a LA boy or go to NY.  He has been this way ...same as Leturd ...since he was a teen .  Im better than everbody .....but someone needs to,tell them ,  only in sports .

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2019, 10:33:35 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Simmons is the least improved player in the NBA.

LIP sounds like a great idea for a new poll.

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2019, 08:41:08 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Clearly needs to have a thicker skin and should learn how to hit some free throws, but I mean come on booing your own team in the first game of a playoff series.  Have some class Philly fans.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2019, 08:48:45 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Simmons will be the one that destroys Philly.
Their front office won't have the brains or the balls to move him before it is too late (either their ship will sail or his trade value will diminish).
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2019, 09:30:16 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Their front office won't have the brains or the balls to move him before it is too late (either their ship will sail or his trade value will diminish).
Agreed -- Simmons is the problem in that team.

Butler, Embiid and Tobias are all better offensive players than Simmons and need the ball in their hands to be effective. Philly are taking the ball away from them in order to give it to Simmons who is the worst of the group.

It doesn't make best use of the talent they have. That is why they will always underachieve.

Philly would improve hugely by trading Ben Simmons for someone who can actually fit in alongside those other 2-3 guys.

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2019, 09:34:15 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Simmons probably should keep his mouth shut, and he’s got flaws of his own, but I generally agree with him. Booing a team on its home court in the first game of the playoffs is asinine.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2019, 11:10:11 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Don't worry, Ben.

Just play better next game.

Once you do you'll find that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHaOj64sHds

Sixers fans got your back.

Some of the most dedicated, vociferous fans in the game. KG may disagree but I'd bet it's one of the best fanbases out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o-lun5a5TI

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2019, 11:21:07 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

Butler, Embiid and Tobias are all better offensive players than Simmons and need the ball in their hands to be effective. Philly are taking the ball away from them in order to give it to Simmons who is the worst of the group.

It doesn't make best use of the talent they have. That is why they will always underachieve.

Philly would improve hugely by trading Ben Simmons for someone who can actually fit in alongside those other 2-3 guys.

Naw, Embiid will either break, or demand a trade prior to them trading Simmons.

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2019, 11:25:28 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I was watching the game and found it very strange that the boooing began like mid way into the 2nd qtr. I would agree with this one with simmons, just a weak showing from the philly "fans".
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2019, 11:25:57 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Simmons probably should keep his mouth shut, and he’s got flaws of his own, but I generally agree with him. Booing a team on its home court in the first game of the playoffs is asinine.

Having watched the game, it seems fans were booing the lack of effort. The Nets wanted it more and Philly never matched their intensity - with the exception of Jimmy Butler.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2019, 03:06:06 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I was watching the game and found it very strange that the boooing began like mid way into the 2nd qtr. I would agree with this one with simmons, just a weak showing from the philly "fans".

Yeah, I think they booed early when the Nets lead was only 6 lol...

Booing after two FT misses was pretty bad too, I don’t remember Clippers fans booing DeAndre Jordan during Hack-A-Jordan (before he improved his FT percentage)

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2019, 03:51:43 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I don't think Simmons is wrong, but it's probably not something he should be saying in public.

And it certainly doesn't help him by saying it after the game he had.

Yeah I mean, we were down 8-10 points on numerous occasions against the Pacers in the 1st half, but I didn't hear our crowd booing. Even a couple times they started a "Lets go Celtics" chant to spark something in the team.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2019, 04:06:13 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I can’t recall an athlete saying “hey, don’t boo me. If you do you’re not a real fan.” I’m sure it happens, but usually by a much more accomplished player than Simmons.

I can see teammates/coaches coming to his defense, but he shouldn’t be going at his own fanbase. He should own up to his poor shooting but cares too much about LeBron and the Kardashians to admit it. Knows how to accumulate stats during a long season but doesn’t have a killer attitude.

Hope the fans get on him even worse in game 2 lol (I expect sarcastic cheers). Let them implode.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2019, 04:32:36 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Naw, Embiid will either break, or demand a trade prior to them trading Simmons.
But at least for the time being Embiid is a beast.
While Simmons is an architectural problem.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."