Author Topic: Another East Powerhouse? Boozer & Odom to Heat?  (Read 9511 times)

Re: Another East Powerhouse? Boozer & Odom to Heat?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 01:43:37 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
Even though Boozer is only for a year they have the option of giving him an extension because they will have his Bird Rights.  Honestly, if you break down the numbers Bosh is not much on an upgrade over Boozer.  If they can get Odom/Boozer now they are crazy not to do it.  Odom won't start in LA even though they are offering more money.  He would start in Miami.

exactly, all that, and you get to convince DWade to put his name on the dotted line instead of packing his bags. They would have to be nuts not to do it just to wait for the fabled "summer 2010" when superstar free agents will rain from the heavens for all.

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 01:46:47 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
Even though Boozer is only for a year they have the option of giving him an extension because they will have his Bird Rights.  Honestly, if you break down the numbers Bosh is not much on an upgrade over Boozer.  If they can get Odom/Boozer now they are crazy not to do it.  Odom won't start in LA even though they are offering more money.  He would start in Miami.

A 3 million dollar per year paycut to start. I don't know about that. To be honest, with Beasley, JO, Boozer and Odom, the one most likely to go to the bench would be Odom anyway.
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 01:50:56 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
. Do they  Beasley at the 3 and Odom at the 4 with Boozer at the 5? Or does Beasly come off the  with Odom at the 3 and Haslem at the 5? If properly motivated, that's a  stacked frontcourt.
Boozer's only 6' 8", no way he can play center.

Meh. Big  is supposedly 6'9, Ben Wallace was 6'9 and these guys all played center. What centers outside of Shaq, Yao, Bynum, and Dwight really play their size?

Yeah but Baby's a forward, Big Ben was a beast at rebounding and blocking shots. Guess how many blocked shots Boozer had this year. 7. Yeah, 7 blocked shots.

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707

A 3 million dollar per year paycut to start. I don't know about that. To be honest, with Beasley, JO, Boozer and Odom, the one most likely to go to the bench would be Odom anyway.

it's not so clear cut of a pay deduction. LA is offering 8.5 million/year for 3 years= 25.5 million. Miami is offering 6 million/year for 5 years = 30 million. If I were him, just based on the $$ and his age, I would go for the Miami deal.

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2009, 01:53:57 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
They would look good on paper, thats for sure.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2009, 01:54:24 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
If Odom leaves LA, I believe Spurs will be in the Finals. Wade/Odom reunion should be fun to watch. Boozer talk is interesting, But who plays Center?

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2009, 02:00:29 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78

Couple of points
1. California's tax rate is 9.3%, which eliminates about $800k of the difference

2. Not sure how property taxes run, but I believe they are higher in California

3. The cost of living adjustment between LA and Miami is substantial

I'd rather live in LA vs. Miami and it isn't even close, but I could see Odom making the decision to do this. 

I wonder aloud if Cuban could offer some other compensation outside of the NBA salary.

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2009, 02:16:25 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If Odom leaves LA, I believe Spurs will be in the Finals. Wade/Odom reunion should be fun to watch. Boozer talk is interesting, But who plays Center?

O'Neal and Anthony.  Pretty much the guys playing C now.

They get a one year trial of the Wade/Boozer combo.  If it works, they can resign Boozer.  If not, they have Boozer and O'neal's money coming off the books and no state taxes.  Sounds like the perfect chance to chase Bosh.

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2009, 08:16:54 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i'm not sure if i prefer odom on the lakers or not. i just can't stand the guy. he's a perfect laker. i'm always weary of the lakers making some crazy deal. some sign and trade that makes them better. i'm not sure if jermaine o'neal is that or not.

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2009, 08:18:06 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
that miami team (if it happens) is awful defensively.

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2009, 08:51:01 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
I don't think that is at all a powerhouse team.
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!