Author Topic: Summer League Game #3 Recap  (Read 2042 times)

Summer League Game #3 Recap
« on: July 08, 2009, 07:16:09 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
http://www.nba.com/magic/news/OKC-BOS_recap_070809.html

Westbrook Thrives, Thunder Cruise

ORLANDO -- Some words to describe Russell Westbrook include; electrifying, passionate and smooth.

It’s becoming more and more evident why the Oklahoma City Thunder didn’t draft a point guard like some thought they would with their third pick in the 2009 NBA Draft.

Westbrook is clearly the answer for OKC, and the franchise recognizes he can be the one to lead the Thunder up the mountain.

The former UCLA standout recorded 26 points on 9-of-16 shooting from the field and added five assists as the Thunder coasted past the Boston Celtics, 94-82, on Wednesday at the 2009 Orlando Pro Summer League.

Westbrook, nonetheless, wasn’t the only player to prosper. D.J. White and Kyle Weaver combined for 28 points, while Shaun Livingston, who is starting to show significant improvements since suffering a devastating knee injury in 2007, scored 10.

Oklahoma City outscored Boston by 10 in the paint and nine in fast break points.

J.R. Giddens led the Celtics with 16 points, while Chris Lofton scored 15 and Bill Walker, who returned after missing Tuesday’s action with back spasms, had 12.

The Thunder (2-1) will square off against the Nets/Sixers on Thursday at 3 p.m. ET, while Boston and Indiana will meet at 7
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Re: Summer League Game #3 Recap
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 08:30:51 PM »

Offline KG

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 23
  • Don't tread on D
Lester Hudson broke his finger.

He broke the finger after attempting to brace himself during a fall in the first half of the Celtics’ 94-82 loss to Oklahoma City’s summer league team.

“It’s very tough because I want to show Danny (Ainge) and the coaches what I can do,” said Hudson. “But I won’t be out there to do it now. I think I can still play right now, but I have to sit back.”

Lance Young, Hudson’s agent, said he was told that the 6-1 guard may need surgery, and have a pin put in the finger.

There’s a danger in that for Hudson, who has not signed a contract.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 08:32:24 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

He broke the finger after attempting to brace himself during a fall in the first half of the Celtics’ 94-82 loss to Oklahoma City’s summer league team.

“It’s very tough because I want to show Danny (Ainge) and the coaches what I can do,” said Hudson. “But I won’t be out there to do it now. I think I can still play right now, but I have to sit back.”

Lance Young, Hudson’s agent, said he was told that the 6-1 guard may need surgery, and have a pin put in the finger.

aaand the Lester Hudson era has ended in Boston

someone find Will Solomon, stat
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 08:34:40 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

also, this deserves its own thread
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 08:50:58 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
So far Giddens is the only player on the summer league roster who has been consistent.  He's scored in the mid teens in every game so far, and has also picked up a few assists and a few rebounds.

At this point I'd say he's the only one who deserves a spot.  I like Hudson because he's a tenacious defender, but he hasn't really done much at the offensive end, and now he's injured.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers