Author Topic: It's this simple  (Read 1814 times)

It's this simple
« on: March 27, 2010, 02:49:02 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
It's this simple...

Forget about wins and losses...

Forget about our seeding...

Forget about home court advantage...

forget about our opponents...

It all comes down to our health...

If we are healthy...we have as good a chance as anyone...

Cle, La, Orl, Dall, Den, Atl are not elite teams...

When you think of an elite team...think Celtics and Lakers and maybe the Sixers and Pistons of the 80's, Bulls of the 90's, Spurs and Shaq/Kobe Lakers of the 2000's...

Cle, La, Orl, Dall, Den, Atl do not scare me at all...

The only thing that has stopped us so far is our consistency which is based on our health...

Here comes #18 If we are healthy!

Re: It's this simple
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 03:02:01 PM »

Offline buzz

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 29
I just don't think we have the juice to get through a playoff draw that will likely include beating 3 out of LA/Cavs/Magic/Hawks in the final 3 rounds.

Against the elite teams, we just have too many areas of weakness to be exploited.

Hope to be wrong, but we are definitely a 2nd tier contender by this point, IMO.

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 03:17:06 PM »

Offline stoyko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 77
So far the 2010 Celts have been able to play 4 good quarters against any of 'elite' teams so how do you expect us to play 4 good games in a 7 games series? I hope you're right and I'm wrong but I think the evidence speaks otherwise.
NJ Nyets.
A.Iguodala,Nene,A. Brooks, H. Warrick, ,C.Delfino,MoWilliams,Nick Collison,Reggie Williams, T. Douglas, E. Barron,Q. Ross,James Anderson, Jeff Pendergraph

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 03:34:02 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I just don't think we have the juice to get through a playoff draw that will likely include beating 3 out of LA/Cavs/Magic/Hawks in the final 3 rounds.

Against the elite teams, we just have too many areas of weakness to be exploited.

Hope to be wrong, but we are definitely a 2nd tier contender by this point, IMO.

I promise you those '1st tier contenders' do not want to face us in the playoffs.  We are the team to be feared, experience.. rings, reloaded with Nate and Finely.  KG and Paul healthy.... we are the team no one else wants to draw, IMO.

Not to mention when Rondo plays at 100% like he did the other night... no one can beat us, he is on a different level right now.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 03:43:18 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

I promise you those '1st tier contenders' do not want to face us in the playoffs.  We are the team to be feared, experience.. rings, reloaded with Nate and Finely.  KG and Paul healthy.... we are the team no one else wants to draw, IMO.

Not to mention when Rondo plays at 100% like he did the other night... no one can beat us, he is on a different level right now.

I agree with incoherent (TP)..we are a team that is feared and no one (even the Hawks but they won't admit it) wants to play a Healthy Celtics team in the playoffs.

What's baffling to me is that we could've had a sweep of LA this Season - that game in Boston we had LA on the ropes, but it just seemed like we took our foot off of the gas pedal. Rondo was breaking down their defense in that game, and then just stopped.

Even my 11 year old son saw it - he couldn't understand why we stopped playing in that game.

Now I just need to convince my classmates that The Celtics are still to be feared.

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 04:27:14 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
It's this simple...

When you think of an elite team...think Celtics and Lakers and maybe the Sixers and Pistons of the 80's, Bulls of the 90's, Spurs and Shaq/Kobe Lakers of the 2000's...

The only thing that has stopped us so far is our consistency which is based on our health...

TP- I've been saying that all along. If KG and PP are healthy, the C's can beat anyone.
I still worry about Sheed- he's obviously going to be in the rotation, but all year he's shown nothing IMO.
And most of C's blog will think I'm nuts, but I'm hoping Doc continues to play TA over Marquis, who's also shown nothing all year.
But it's great to see the team mostly healthy and playing well. The twenty year drought wasn't very long ago, and I just appreciate having a great team to watch and root for.

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 10:18:31 PM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 10:28:43 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
I think we have a good shot if the big 3 can raise their game another one step further in the play offs. In the past month or so they made an improvment but we are still not there yet.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 10:31:48 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
It's this simple...

Cleveland and LA this year are not historically elite teams... however they are definitely elite teams this year.