Author Topic: Celtics Win Division Title  (Read 5932 times)

Re: Celtics Win Division Title
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2010, 09:44:44 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Did we suddenly become the Cleveland Cavaliers or Toronto Raptors where we are a team and fan base that cares about division titles?

It's okay and all, and I'm not trying to be a downer here, but....so what!!

Can anyone off the top of their heads even tell me how many division titles this team has won? How about conference titles? Now let me know how many World titles we have won!

Ahhhh, getting the picture.

The Montreal Canadians, the New York Yankees, the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics are teams unconcerned with division titles. For obvious reasons.

I could probably come up with COnference titles pretty quickly, since unlike the Lakers, we tend to win it all when we reach the Finals.  This is, of course, due to the fact that Celtics have never had to play the Celtics in the Finals.
Quick, don't check. How many conference title?

17 + 3 = you do the math  ;D
The answer is 8.

They won 12 Eastern Division titles before 1971 at which point expansion occurred and divisions within conferences began
Okilly dokilly then.

They won what is now considered a conference to make it to the Finals. 

or were the Finals called something then too?  Seriously?
Yup

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2010, 09:53:44 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Did we suddenly become the Cleveland Cavaliers or Toronto Raptors where we are a team and fan base that cares about division titles?

Can anyone off the top of their heads even tell me how many division titles this team has won? How about conference titles? Now let me know how many World titles we have won!

The Montreal Canadians, the New York Yankees, the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics are teams unconcerned with division titles. For obvious reasons.

I could probably come up with COnference titles pretty quickly, since unlike the Lakers, we tend to win it all when we reach the Finals.  This is, of course, due to the fact that Celtics have never had to play the Celtics in the Finals.

The answer is 8.

They won 12 Eastern Division titles before 1971 at which point expansion occurred and divisions within conferences began
Okilly dokilly then.

The point I am making is that we as Celtics fans care so little about Conference and Title wins, rightfully so, that we aren't even aware of how many we really have won. If the banners were hung for each one of those titles we would have it ingrained in our heads that we've won x amount of Eastern Division titles and x amount of Atlantic Division titles and x amount of Eastern Conference titles.

But we don't because they aren't important to the team and they aren't important to the fan base. So what do most fans know, that we've lost three times in the Finals and won 17 so we must have won 20 conference titles. but that isn't true. Why? Cause we could care less, and rightfully so.

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2010, 09:55:32 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

The answer is 8.

Okilly dokilly then.

The point I am making is that we as Celtics fans care so little about Conference and Title wins, rightfully so, that we aren't even aware of how many we really have won. If the banners were hung for each one of those titles we would have it ingrained in our heads that we've won x amount of Eastern Division titles and x amount of Atlantic Division titles and x amount of Eastern Conference titles.

But we don't because they aren't important to the team and they aren't important to the fan base. So what do most fans know, that we've lost three times in the Finals and won 17 so we must have won 20 conference titles. but that isn't true. Why? Cause we could care less, and rightfully so.

yeh, I got that

and learned a little history in the process
Yup

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2010, 12:24:27 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Where is my hat and tee shirt?
The beatings will continue until morale improves