Author Topic: 2 moves away from being a top 3 team in the east  (Read 4103 times)

2 moves away from being a top 3 team in the east
« on: April 23, 2015, 10:03:05 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Long time lurker here.... now that that's out of the way...

We basically need two moves: Defensive/rebounding  center and scoring shoot first small forward...

The no brainer is Celtics will go for a sign and trade for deandre Jordan... or see what his market is and try to sign him outright. We will have the cap space ... this relies on two dynamics: rekindling rapport with clippers and doc.. but this only works if clippers lose in first round to spurs.. If they do I see them going for major change.

Second go after jimmy butler/Kawai leonard.'. or a stealth move: 2 nets 1st, TPE(12.9 mil) from rondo deal and Marcus smart for paul George.

Pacers will be around 63 mil total salary next year before any additions.. they need a SG and only real target I can see them trying to grab is Reggie Jackson but he is restricted... they may rye to rebuild as they have an aging core minus George... long shot but something to keep and eye on.

Re: 2 moves away from being a top 3 team in the east
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 10:06:19 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Long time lurker here.... now that that's out of the way...

We basically need two moves: Defensive/rebounding  center and scoring shoot first small forward...

The no brainer is Celtics will go for a sign and trade for deandre Jordan... this relies on two dynamics: rekindling rapport with clippers and doc.. but this only works if clippers lose in first round to spurs.. If they do I see them going for major change.

Second go after jimmy butler/Kawai leonard.'. or a stealth move: 2 nets 1st, TPE(12.9 mil) from rondo deal and Marcus smart for paul George.

Pacers will be around 63 mil total salary next year before any additions.. they need a SG and only real target I can see them trying to grab is Reggie Jackson but he is restricted... they may rye to rebuild as they have an aging core minus George... long shot but something to keep and eye on.

I think the DeAndre part may be possible, but there's pretty much no way that the Bulls/Spurs are going to let Butler/Leonard go as they are both restricted. I also think George is about as untouchable as one could possibly be in professional sports.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 10:09:05 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2981
There's already been rumors of the Clips breaking up the roster and going a new way if they get beat by the Spurs, so he definitely might be available, especially with the whole hack-a-Jordan strategy. I think we'd be a MUCH improved team just by adding DJ alone.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 10:14:14 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
There's already been rumors of the Clips breaking up the roster and going a new way if they get beat by the Spurs, so he definitely might be available, especially with the whole hack-a-Jordan strategy. I think we'd be a MUCH improved team just by adding DJ alone.

He's a good player no doubt except on the offensive end, what would stop teams from using the "hack-a-jordan" against us? Anyway I'd be happy to have him but IMO we need 2 way players.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 10:16:31 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If the two moves are brainwashing both Marc Gasol and Lamarcus Aldridge to sign here for less than the max, sure.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 10:24:09 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
Butler is more doable than Kawai for sure... as for George.. coming off of an injury pacers window has closed and they are a less attractive free agent destination than Boston. No one is taking Hilbert off their hands so they are strapped with his contract.

This Middleton kid is solid but a bit overrated in my opinion.

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 10:26:23 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2981

He's a good player no doubt except on the offensive end, what would stop teams from using the "hack-a-jordan" against us? Anyway I'd be happy to have him but IMO we need 2 way players.

Pretty sure it'll be gone next year as a viable option. Announcers the other night were saying that at least.

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 10:32:21 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
We need a franchise big and an all-star wing haha. Other than that were in great shape

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 10:37:35 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Welcome, Kim Cattrall. ;) ;D

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 10:41:19 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
No just a defensive/rebounding big man.. but he has to be elite in that category... what's the deal with Larry sanders? could come cheap.. but he obvious issues.

look at this series.. Tristan is killing is and we have no big man to contest shots in the lane.. if we did this series is probably 2-1 cavs with a chance to tie in game 4.

I also think nerlens could be had from Philly.. they still seems to be in tank mode and would be willing to deal him (using same logic that they dealt rookie of the year Williams unexpectedly.

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 11:05:58 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
PG: Smart, Thomas
SG: Bradley, J.Young
SF: Kawhi, Crowder
PF: Sully, Olynyk
 C: D.Jordan, Zeller

I think that is a 50 win type team.

If they made another trade for a Ty Lawson

PG: Ty Lawson, (free agent)
SG: Smart, Bradley
SF: Kawhi, Crowder
PF: Sully, Olynyk
 C: D.Jordan, Zeller

That would be a fierce team. I could see that team going for 55-59 wins.

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 11:18:21 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I think the Celtics need a small forward with point forward skills more than they need a shoot first small forward.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 11:20:11 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I also think nerlens could be had from Philly.. they still seems to be in tank mode and would be willing to deal him (using same logic that they dealt rookie of the year Williams unexpectedly.

philly dealt MCW because he is a bad player and they could get something good for him.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 11:21:55 PM »

Offline oldutican

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
None of these guys are coming to Celtics.

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 11:27:20 PM »

Online letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 283
What a fresh idea on this forum /s