Author Topic: Could Horford end up being the worst contract of offseason?  (Read 91573 times)

Re: Could Horford end up being the worst contract of offseason?
« Reply #450 on: February 27, 2020, 11:30:38 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Just saying, it does certainly take two to tango... You're also firing back shots, so it's not like you can assume to play the role of victim here.

I know RockinRyA isn't playing nice either, but you've been pushing this Drummond-makes-our-Celtics-a-contender drum for quite a while now..

That being said, maybe you both should just leave each other alone or stop replying to him for now.

__

Getting back on topic..

I'm not going to lie. I miss Al Horford, but most of all..

I miss Anna Horford...  :-* :'( :'( :'( ::) :P

EDIT: Dang, I didn't know she was that tall.

I never said Drummond would make the Celts a contender.
What I said was Drummond will make the Celts better.
But since the trade deadline passed, I already stopped talking about Drummond.

Yes, it takes two to tango, but apparently the mods are giving Rocky special treatment.
Clearly Rocky instigates and the mods are not doing anything about it because Rocky still keeps stalking me.

The trade deadline has passed, I stopped talking about acquiring bigs.

So why is Rocky bringing up the subject again?

Reply #440 is proof that something's not right here.

« Reply #451 on: February 27, 2020, 11:35:27 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Just saying, it does certainly take two to tango... You're also firing back shots, so it's not like you can assume to play the role of victim here.

I know RockinRyA isn't playing nice either, but you've been pushing this Drummond-makes-our-Celtics-a-contender drum for quite a while now..

That being said, maybe you both should just leave each other alone or stop replying to him for now.

__

Getting back on topic..

Yes, it takes two to tango, but apparently the mods are giving Rocky special treatment.
Clearly Rocky instigates and the mods are not doing anything about it because Rocky still keeps stalking me.

He's not wrong.  You do hijack threads.  You've been banned for it before. You did it yesterday.  You're currently derailing this thread now. 

Speaking of credentials, you can add banned to yours now.  I believe you've earned quite the distinction of now having been banned from both realgm & CelticsStrong so congrats on that regard.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #452 on: February 27, 2020, 11:46:16 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If anyone is interested in how to get banned permanently from this site, just follow Fierce's example. He is gone so best to move on from his agendas everyone.

« Reply #453 on: February 27, 2020, 11:53:07 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If anyone is interested in how to get banned permanently from this site, just follow Fierce's example. He is gone so best to move on from his agendas everyone.

__

Getting back on topic..

He's not wrong.  You do hijack threads.  You've been banned for it before. You did it yesterday.  You're currently derailing this thread now. 

Speaking of credentials, you can add banned to yours now.  I believe you've earned quite the distinction of now having been banned from both realgm & CelticsStrong so congrats on that regard.

What a shame.

I know people here didn't like him, but I somewhat tolerated him. I think it was sort of harsh, but he has had a history of doing this at realGM, and hijacking threads while being very rude. But as usual, you guys are in charge, plus he was already given a ban.

Seems like he didn't care enough to learn from his mistakes...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #454 on: February 27, 2020, 09:21:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
LOL I just saw that highlight with Horford missing a WIDE OPEN layup. Right after that, he just clapped his hands and jogged back on defense. YIKES.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #455 on: February 28, 2020, 03:25:50 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
If your only ideas as a basketball fan are the following three you're going to suffer a lot more heartache than necessary:

1. How tall a lineup is determines its success
2. Only championship seasons are successful seasons
3. Only championships matter in player evaluation

The first one is going to break your brain as the NBA continues to evolve. The second two are going to rob you of a lot of joy.

History tells us that the Celts always won a championship when their bigs are elite.

Last time Celts were in the Finals was 10 years ago.

This is also the second decade where the Celts failed to win a single championship.
The first one was the 1990s.

Having a higher standard doesn't mean it will result in heartache.

Oh no here we go again Come on man, at some point you move on, agree to disagree and start talking about something else. Yes we get it, the Celtics are a fail this season because they didn't sign Drummond. Point made!  :angel:

EDIT: Sorry should have read the whole thread. Feel free to delete this post (as I don't think I can).
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #456 on: February 28, 2020, 03:29:54 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
LOL I just saw that highlight with Horford missing a WIDE OPEN layup. Right after that, he just clapped his hands and jogged back on defense. YIKES.

This contract will be a millstone around Brand's (and whoever replaces him's) neck. This is just year 1, imagine how untradable this will be next year or the year after. It's a shame as I think Al can still contribute with the right team, the right coach and in the right setup. I'm sure the Celtics would be using him better than he's being used now had he stayed, with him and Hayward alternating initiating the offense with Kemba and finding cutters. But Theis is doing about 70% of what Al used to do at 20% of the cost.

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #457 on: February 28, 2020, 05:02:44 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I feel that Horford could still be a valuable piece if he was used right. But he isnt, and add to a wonky roster construction and a coach who has no clue plus all these other distractions with the fans and the lockerroom and we have a this disaster right now.

His contract is even more bonkers regardless.

« Reply #458 on: February 28, 2020, 06:32:01 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

__

Getting back on topic..

I could be wrong but I think they’re standing on steps, so she’s probably close to a 1’ shorter than the pictures showing.

Either way, I agree, she’s a smoke show
Greg

« Reply #459 on: February 28, 2020, 06:35:40 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Looks like Al a pretty good game last night with Embiid and Simmons out, 6ers won the game too.  It was against the Knicks but after a loss to the Cavs they’ll take.

Not an elite performance but at least gives more credence to the folks saying it might be the construction of the team and style that’s limiting Al a bit
Greg

« Reply #460 on: February 28, 2020, 07:27:14 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

__

Getting back on topic..

I could be wrong but I think they’re standing on steps, so she’s probably close to a 1’ shorter than the pictures showing.

found some group pictures online and she doesnt look that tall.

« Reply #461 on: February 28, 2020, 07:40:04 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm only sad I couldn't chant MVP at the mod who entered the ban information. Feels as good to see this message as it does to see JT ice a game in the Garden.

« Reply #462 on: February 28, 2020, 08:20:18 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

__

Getting back on topic..

If you google, most sites show her as 6'1" or 6'2". 

« Reply #463 on: February 28, 2020, 08:24:08 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

__

Getting back on topic..

What I meant was she doesnt look Al Horford -1 inch tall.

« Reply #464 on: March 02, 2020, 12:32:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Seems like there was a leak from the front office about the 76ers potentially moving on from Horford this offseason. It is believed they probably include assets to get off his deal...

https://www.libertyballers.com/2020/2/29/21159307/trade-rumors-could-the-sixers-look-to-move-al-horford-for-shooting-help-this-summer

"Horford may not have a positive trade value this summer. Meaning, if no team wanted him at his near-max salary, it might cost the Sixers future assets to entice anyone to make a swap. That would obviously further limit their future flexibility and waste even more assets from the treasure chest they once possessed due to the wheelings and dealings of former President of B-Ball Ops Sam Hinkie."