Author Topic: Sir Alex Ferguson retires  (Read 8957 times)

Re: Sir Alex Ferguson retires
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 01:09:13 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Moyes will replace him, the deal is as good as done. Odds are 1/10 and he's the only candidate as far as the press are concerned here.

I am not too happy about it, mainly for the reasons Who listed. Nonetheless there is a big summer of uncertainty coming up. And there I was thinking one of my teams was nice and settled, turns out neither of them are (C's and MUFC).

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 01:13:40 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i know very little about the english leagues, but even i knew about ferguson's coaching.

for someone else's question further up the thread, ferguson retiring is more like red auerbach retiring. both defined coachness greatness and success in the pros.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 01:17:34 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
i know very little about the english leagues, but even i knew about ferguson's coaching.

for someone else's question further up the thread, ferguson retiring is more like red auerbach retiring. both defined coachness greatness and success in the pros.

A cross between Red and Phil. Simply, the greatest.

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 02:02:04 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
try to fully understand this ....

the 39 years old Ryan Giggs proffessional football player since he was 16 will start training camp for the first time with a coach not named Ferguson.

I like Moyes. He has shown great things with Everton. of course MU is at another level but i don`t think there are more than 3 coaches 100$ fitting the job. I`m 100% sure that Ferguson pretty much choose himself his heir. Pep and Klopp imho were the top candidates (young proven driven experienced) but neither is available now.

anyway only time will tell

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Moyes confirmed as new Man United boss about 20 minutes ago.

Wayne Rooney is making waves. Sounds like he is looking for a transfer away from United now.

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Moyes confirmed as new Man United boss about 20 minutes ago.

Wayne Rooney is making waves. Sounds like he is looking for a transfer away from United now.

I'm behind Moyes, as long as he brings Fellaini and Baines with him.

Wayne Rooney has been my least favourite MUFC player for some time. Overrated, overpaid and downright disrespectful to the club time and time again. I hope he is flogged off to the highest bidder and his £250k per week is spent on 2-3 good players.