Author Topic: 2017 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 96369 times)

Re: 2017 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #555 on: June 23, 2017, 12:21:47 AM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
No Nigel Hayes anywhere?  Wow.  Kid has talent.
But the freshman in this draft have more.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #556 on: June 23, 2017, 12:22:01 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
C's last two draft cards said: "we don't care, just say a name, we're cutting him anyway."  :laugh:

« Reply #557 on: June 23, 2017, 12:23:48 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
This Draft was by far the most fun of any I've followed seriously, and I think we made out very well.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #558 on: June 23, 2017, 12:23:50 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
C's last two draft cards said: "we don't care, just say a name, we're cutting him anyway."  :laugh:

Haha. That's what it seemed like, yeah.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #559 on: June 23, 2017, 12:24:31 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
So, Terry Rozier is gone with the Kareem Allen pick? ;-)

Kadeem Allen is gone with the Kadeem Allen pick :)

our 1st couple of picks were great.  I don't know about this one.  Are picks like this made because we owed some agent a favor or something?  Motley would have at least been a solid pick.  He was a good player in the big12

They probably think he'll be a positive force as a glue guy in summer league and in the G League. What's more important, allowing Jaylen and Jayson to develop as best as possible or taking a flier on someone who's not making the team?

how is taking a better player hurting Jaylen and Jayson's development?  I don't think that has one bit of impact on who we select.

« Reply #560 on: June 23, 2017, 12:25:02 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

Haha. That's what it seemed like, yeah.

Exactly.  I feel better just accepting that as the explanation.  lol

« Reply #561 on: June 23, 2017, 12:25:08 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

Yeah, I think Jaylen slipped a piece of paper where he hand wrote Jabari Bird and nobody cared

« Reply #562 on: June 23, 2017, 12:25:48 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
I think Bird makes this team. I can't wait for summer league.

« Reply #563 on: June 23, 2017, 12:26:33 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

our 1st couple of picks were great.  I don't know about this one.  Are picks like this made because we owed some agent a favor or something?  Motley would have at least been a solid pick.  He was a good player in the big12

They probably think he'll be a positive force as a glue guy in summer league and in the G League. What's more important, allowing Jaylen and Jayson to develop as best as possible or taking a flier on someone who's not making the team?

You just said Jaylen and Jayson... :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #564 on: June 23, 2017, 12:27:49 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

how is taking a better player hurting Jaylen and Jayson's development?  I don't think that has one bit of impact on who we select.

The "better player" might be more concerned with shining himself rather than fitting in. It's the 53rd pick. Simply picking a character guy who won't interfere in the development of important pieces (include guys like Semi and DJax in Maine) is important.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #565 on: June 23, 2017, 12:35:19 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I expect both picks #53 and #56 pre-agreed to go to Maine and/or sign 2-way contracts.  Not every player is willing to do that, so they may have had a slightly different pool of players to choose from.

« Reply #566 on: June 23, 2017, 12:43:28 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
Danny says he would've taken Jayson at #1. I think that's a load of BS, but whatever.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #567 on: June 23, 2017, 12:43:41 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Wooooow. Apparently Jackson canceled a workout for the C's after they flew out to Sacramento to see him.

Danny Ainge said he never spoke to the Josh Jackson, acknowledged he was mad about flying out to Sacramento only for JJ to cancel workout.

Josh Jackson canceled his workout with the Celtics after their Brad's flew out to Sacramento to meet with him. Ainge was upset.

Wow, Ainge, Mike Zarren, and Brad Stevens flew across the country to workout Josh Jackson only to have him cancel and refuse to workout

Yeah, I'm pretty glad we went with Tatum over this guy. He clearly has some character concerns. Tatum, on the other hand, seems very, very mature and humble already.

« Reply #568 on: June 23, 2017, 12:44:17 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Danny says he would've taken Jayson at #1. I think that's a load of BS, but whatever.

I do too, but I think he would have taken him at #2 for real.

« Reply #569 on: June 23, 2017, 12:46:40 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

I do too, but I think he would have taken him at #2 for real.

I buy that. I would believe that he had Tatum as a close second to Fultz, which allowed him to justify the trade, but I find it so impossibly hard to buy into the idea that he would have passed on Fultz at #1.

DKC Clippers