Author Topic: Hayward Broken Hand  (Read 37438 times)

Re: Hayward Broken Hand
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2019, 03:51:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Didn't Baynes have the same surgery and he was back in 4 weeks?

« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2019, 03:56:29 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

yup

« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2019, 03:56:32 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I think it was the same fracture and 4 weeks to the day, but Baynes also healed a groin injury by screaming at it on the bench so his recovery time may not be representative.

« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2019, 03:57:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I think it was the same fracture and 4 weeks to the day, but Baynes also healed a groin injury by screaming at it on the bench so his recovery time may not be representative.
Pain fears Baynes.

« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2019, 04:45:10 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I thought I had heard surgery lengthens to 6-12 weeks, but I'll hope it's a Baynesian 4. 

Silver linings:
1. It's not his shooting hand.

2. It's his hand not his foot... Soon after surgery he should be able to stay in cardio-shape, and I am sure he'll be able to sustain his arm and upper body strength after he gets a little bit away from the surgery.

3. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be able to be with the team, run with the team, and light practice in a few weeks(?).

4. Great opportunity for JB and JT to take on more offensively. I think both are ready.

5. I realize varied positions, but 32 minutes (or so) open up to be taken by Javonte, Grant, Romeo, Carsen, Enes, Daniel and Rob (probably a couple of those minutes going to Smart).  Will be great to see who rises to the occasion. A great learning chance for players and for CBS see more of his youth (and more combinations) on display in meaningful minutes.

Add your silver linings if you have them.

C's may lose a few games they'd otherwise not, but could be better off in the long run.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 04:53:51 PM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2019, 04:56:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I'm sure that if we beat the Mavs tomorrow, the narrative will quickly change back to "trade Gordon"

If there are two things I can't stand its people asking "are the c's better off without really good player x?" after a couple wins without x, and people asking "will player x returning ruin our flow?"

The Cs are certainly better so far without Player X from last year...

X= Rozier  ;D

« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2019, 05:02:53 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I'm sure that if we beat the Mavs tomorrow, the narrative will quickly change back to "trade Gordon"

If there are two things I can't stand its people asking "are the c's better off without really good player x?" after a couple wins without x, and people asking "will player x returning ruin our flow?"

The Cs are certainly better so far without Player X from last year...

X= Rozier  ;D

Nope. X marks the spot.

« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2019, 06:08:22 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
I thought I had heard surgery lengthens to 6-12 weeks, but I'll hope it's a Baynesian 4. 

Silver linings:

2. It's his hand not his foot... Soon after surgery he should be able to stay in cardio-shape, and I am sure he'll be able to sustain his arm and upper body strength after he gets a little bit away from the surgery.

3. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be able to be with the team, run with the team, and light practice in a few weeks(?).

4. Great opportunity for JB and JT to take on more offensively. I think both are ready.

5. I realize varied positions, but 32 minutes (or so) open up to be taken by Javonte, Grant, Romeo, Carsen, Enes, Daniel and Rob (probably a couple of those minutes going to Smart).  Will be great to see who rises to the occasion. A great learning chance for players and for CBS see more of his youth (and more combinations) on display in meaningful minutes.

C's may lose a few games they'd otherwise not, but could be better off in the long run.

I think Brad said that surgery would mean a shorter timetable. Dr. Chao (the nfl injury doctor on twitter) said that with surgery he should be back in 4-6 weeks. Think it helps its not his shooting hand as well.

« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2019, 06:08:25 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Silver linings:

#1-#3 are big.  As for JT and Tatum, I rather see how they develop playing with, rather than without, Hayward.  As for #5, most interested in seeing Romeo.

« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2019, 06:20:24 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Hayward wanted people to stop talking about his leg.  He went a little too far...

« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2019, 06:24:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
We still don't know the exact timeline, but honestly I think even if Hayward's out for 6 weeks, we'll be fine.

It's a long season, and a 6-week timeline does put his return right around Christmas week. And of course, a 4-week timeline would be him returning in about a month (2nd week of December). Either way, he misses 15-20 games but comes back with another 45-50 games left.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2019, 06:35:52 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Silver linings:

This was my first thought as well... Thankfully he hurt his hand this time - which will make it harder for him to fall into the trap of playing video games and not training.

« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2019, 06:37:58 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Silver linings:

This was my first thought as well... Thankfully he hurt his hand this time - which will make it harder for him to fall into the trap of playing video games and not training.
Shameful
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2019, 07:02:50 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Silver linings:

Shameful

Tell you what, LOL.............if dude continues to look as good as he has then I don't care whether he plays Zelda, Space Invaders, League of Legends...........

Whatever he did to look as good as he has so far I'd say let him do it. He is back. This current injury is just a speed bump...go slowly over it and move on.

« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2019, 08:03:51 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1194057549437427715

Celtics‘ Gordon Hayward will miss six weeks after undergoing surgery on his broken left hand.

Not too shabby.