Author Topic: Bruins Hockey 2010 - 2011  (Read 123664 times)

Re: Bruins Hockey 2010 - 2011
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2011, 01:18:48 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I know very little about hockey. I tried to listen to the game on the radio and just couldn't. Then I listened to double overtime and it was awesome     yay   :)

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2011, 09:10:38 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Anyone watching the Bruins? 1-2 behind the Habs, with 17 minutes to go in the 3rd. They need a goal to tie and if it goes to OT, they're in good shape.

« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2011, 09:18:58 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Too many dumb penalites and just awfully inconsistent play.

That 2nd period was tough to watch.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2011, 09:41:53 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
UGH...  >:(
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2011, 09:42:55 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Well, that was depressing.

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2011, 09:43:35 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
Resident Habs fan is back:

Well, I am surprised. I really thought Boston would win tonight and win by 3 goals. Hell of a fight from Montreal. That boarding penalty was both (a) not dirty and (b) the fire lit under Montreal that got them through.

Game 7, Habs vs. Bs...it does not get better than this. Good luck to the Bruins and all their fans - may the best team win!
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2011, 10:24:16 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
Who could have guessed there would be shady pro-Habs officiating in a Bruins / Canadiens playoff game?

« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2011, 10:53:29 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
Who could have guessed there would be shady pro-Habs officiating in a Bruins / Canadiens playoff game?

Um...and Gionta's goal? That was not shady? lol. If the Bruins had that happen to them in this game, you would be screaming bloody murder. I let it roll off....

The hit by Lucic, though not dirty, was a penalty. Throw him out? Probably a bit much, but much less "shady" than disallowing that CLEAR goal by Gionta.

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2011, 11:30:49 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff

Um...and Gionta's goal? That was not shady? lol. If the Bruins had that happen to them in this game, you would be screaming bloody murder. I let it roll off....

The hit by Lucic, though not dirty, was a penalty. Throw him out? Probably a bit much, but much less "shady" than disallowing that CLEAR goal by Gionta.

1. The whistle clearly blew before the goal, it's not like the refs knew what happened, versus when they make penalty calls (or miss them.) Maybe if the whistle hadn't blown the defender keeps Gionta out off the puck, but more importantly

2. The refs had just missed a penalty on the other end.

So I think those evened out.

« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2011, 12:06:02 AM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum

1. The whistle clearly blew before the goal, it's not like the refs knew what happened, versus when they make penalty calls (or miss them.) Maybe if the whistle hadn't blown the defender keeps Gionta out off the puck, but more importantly

2. The refs had just missed a penalty on the other end.

So I think those evened out.

Ok, well, whine if you must. I didn't whine once in any game...but of course I am sure you think I had no reason to :)

Don't worry, Boston will win tomorrow night. This is their series. I am just proud of my team for putting up such a great fight in this series. It has been a classic

« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2011, 12:51:22 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
My first comment could be a whine - more like a rant, it was intended humorously. I'm not a huge NHL fan. My second post was serious. Do you dispute anything I said?

I fully expect the B's to lose: back to back playoff game 6&7 with travel and an unfrozen caveman goalie, plus they have stunk in playoffs last couple years, plus they always lose to the Habs.

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2011, 11:20:50 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
That was a frustrating game, and I don't know much about Hockey. I just watch the Bruins during the playoffs from time to time. But man, how awful do they look in the Power Plays? They play better short handed, it's ridiculous.

A lot of great opportunities to score but couldn't capitulate, including that open net one.

« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2011, 11:22:37 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
That was a frustrating game, and I don't know much about Hockey. I just watch the Bruins during the playoffs from time to time. But man, how awful do they look in the Power Plays? They play better short handed, it's ridiculous.

A lot of great opportunities to score but couldn't capitulate, including that open net one.

Their power play has been absolutely atrocious these playoffs.

« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2011, 11:31:23 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Why was there no penalty shot awarded to the Bruins in that play in the 2nd period?

I thought it was a bit ridiculous for Lucic being tossed in the game though.

« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2011, 11:35:20 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Their power play has been absolutely atrocious these playoffs.

In general, they have just played like they are completely brain dead.

Their major physical advantage, and Thomas picking up his play has gotten them this far, but number of dumb mistakes, and the inability to execute even simple plays has been striking.

They can't make a rush over the blue line and stay onsides.  They can't make a cross ice pass.  They constantly have too many guys trapped on the forecheck with no one out high, so when they send the puck through the slot, it slides right on through, either to the defensemen, or more often, right out of the zone or onto the stick of the Candiens.  They cannot put their stick on the puck when they are in traffic.  They can't keep the puck on their stick, even on open ice.

Yes, they can go into the corners and win battles.  But that is all they can do right now.

I personally think they are going to win tonight, just because I think their style will be more conducive to the tired legs, and they will get some lucky bounces at home.  But unless they learn to play smarter, and start executing the simple plays, they are not a real contender when they start playing teams that can match them physically, but also have some legit skill.