Author Topic: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread  (Read 232794 times)

Re: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #3180 on: June 14, 2019, 01:03:07 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Third time's the charm for Paul Pierce.

He called Raptors in 6, and they closed it in 6  ;D

What a legend.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3181 on: June 14, 2019, 01:06:04 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Kawhi keeps referring to the Raptors organization and team as "them" and he keeps catching himself and changing to "we" lol

He may just have the balls to leave after a championship. Though, I mean, he's done what he needed to do. Similar to how Bron brought Cleveland the championship in 2016 and performed his duty to the city and franchise, this could be how Leonard views it.
Why wouldn't he?  Its not like the Raptors are setup to be a dynasty.  He can go to the Clips and take them to a championship.  Make the Lakers and Lebron the 2nd tier in LA.   

« Reply #3182 on: June 14, 2019, 01:06:23 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kawhi keeps referring to the Raptors organization and team as "them" and he keeps catching himself and changing to "we" lol

He may just have the balls to leave after a championship. Though, I mean, he's done what he needed to do. Similar to how Bron brought Cleveland the championship in 2016 and performed his duty to the city and franchise, this could be how Leonard views it.
Why wouldn't he?  Its not like the Raptors are setup to be a dynasty.  He can go to the Clips and take them to a championship.  Make the Lakers and Lebron the 2nd tier in LA.   
That would be so epic
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3183 on: June 14, 2019, 01:20:40 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

That would be so epic

I think KL isn't an easy guy to figure out.  Literally any place he chooses wouldn't surprise me, well except the Spurs.

« Reply #3184 on: June 14, 2019, 01:25:26 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

That would be so epic

I think KL isn't an easy guy to figure out.  Literally any place he chooses wouldn't surprise me, well except the Spurs.

A very quiet hardworking individual. No diva attitude, no hollywood crap, no forming superteam whatsoever. I like his character.

« Reply #3185 on: June 14, 2019, 01:29:22 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

That would be so epic

So you're saying he could join us for the MLE?

« Reply #3186 on: June 14, 2019, 02:27:38 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
What a wild playoffs run this year. Not many upsets, but definitely a challenging road the Toronto Raptors had. Starting 0-1 with their annual Game 1 loss at home in Round 1 vs Orlando Magic, then squeaking by Joel Embiid and the Philadelphia 76ers in 7 games in the East Semis with that magical shot, and finally clawing back from an 0-2 hole against Giannis's Bucks and winning four straight. Then at last, ending the Golden State Warriors' dynasty in 6 games.

A run it has been.

« Reply #3187 on: June 14, 2019, 02:31:05 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

That would be so epic

So you're saying he could join us for the MLE?

That's exactly what I am saying...(rubs hands together)

« Reply #3188 on: June 14, 2019, 02:31:43 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

That would be so epic

A very quiet hardworking individual. No diva attitude, no hollywood crap, no forming superteam whatsoever. I like his character.

I don't disagree with any of that.

« Reply #3189 on: June 14, 2019, 02:35:58 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Congrats to the Raps.

Got very lucky that they met a team snagged by injuries. Klay not coming back in the 4th certainly will haunt the Warriors.. They had every chance at winning this game with Klay but definitely not without him.

Props to to Toronto for this win.. Is so good to have the Trophy back in the East.

If KL leaves, the East and the championship itself will be so wide open with no KD in the West and a lot of big time FA moving.. Its going to be one Heck of a season... First time free for all.. The most dominant team will probably be Milwaukee but even that isn't a sure ball since they also have FA looming in Lopez and Brogdon.

« Reply #3190 on: June 14, 2019, 02:41:33 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Congrats to the Raps.

Got very lucky that they met a team snagged by injuries. Klay not coming back in the 4th certainly will haunt the Warriors.. They had every chance at winning this game with Klay but definitely not without him.

Props to to Toronto for this win.. Is so good to have the Trophy back in the East.

If KL leaves, the East and the championship itself will be so wide open with no KD in the West and a lot of big time FA moving.. Its going to be one Heck of a season... First time free for all.. The most dominant team will probably be Milwaukee but even that isn't a sure ball since they also have FA looming in Lopez and Brogdon.

Man if Klay did not get hurt, this series was heading into Game 7. It came down to the wire, again.

And the Raptors are a perfect 3-0 on the road in the Finals vs 1-2 at home. Imitating the Bruins but fortunately able to close it out in time?

« Reply #3191 on: June 14, 2019, 02:42:50 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
And suddenly, the NBA is wide open once again. Even if Kawhi returns with the Raptors, there's no guarantee they can defend their title.

« Reply #3192 on: June 14, 2019, 02:52:59 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atPb6fSWUZQ

Say what you will, I love Kawhi.