Author Topic: Celtics (12-8) at Rockets (13-7) Game #21 12/5/16  (Read 47698 times)

Re: Celtics (12-8) at Rockets (13-7) Game #21 12/5/16
« Reply #510 on: December 05, 2016, 10:44:31 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
An argument could even be made that the refs were even on our side tonight and we still lost.  Smh.

Please make it then?? Enlighten us

Get out of here.  That Smart's call wasn't even close to flagrant.
That's all you have?
Definition: A foul is considered flagrant when it involves excessive or violent contact that could injure the fouled player
So what about a direct and intentional elbow to the side of Marcus Smart's head wasn't excessive. Even if he didn't mean it he was swinging his elbows hard enough to warrant it violent or excessive you take your pick.
But of course based on this one play the refs were on our side
At some point this pessimism has to be considered trolling.

« Reply #511 on: December 05, 2016, 10:44:37 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
What's the point of video review if your officiating crew still can't get the call right?  Don't they also have that huge center where most of the reviewing is done too?  Did they all miss that Bradley's shot was clearly a 3 too? 

Completely inexcusable.

Love to see how this is handled by the NBA. There's absolutely no reason we shouldn't get a replay of that game when it's clearly shown that it was a three. However, they like to protect the refs, so who knows how it will go.

We'll end up with an official statement from the NBA tomorrow confirming that the officiating crew missed the call.  Completely irrelevant since we still end up with the loss anyway.  All it does is confirm the incompetence of the league's officials, which is blatant for all to see.

Good thing that huge video review center and all the people that work in there are ensuring the integrity of the league.  Oh wait.

« Reply #512 on: December 05, 2016, 10:47:06 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Brad is upset.  We are still not the most physical team in the world. 

« Reply #513 on: December 05, 2016, 10:47:29 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Celtics better take this matter to the league..

HOW DO YOU MESS THAT UP AT THE END (BRADLEY'S THREE???)

I mean, even Rockets guys are saying that. Every single basketball guy that has talked about it so far on Twitter has said it looked like a three, not a two.

And is it really any coincidence that Marc Davis was the one to make the call - the same Marc Davis who has had a long rumored anti-Celtics bias?

I despise Marc Davis as much as the next guy, but wasn't that call made in Secaucus.

That's what I thought the protocol was, too, but he was the one mouthing and actually watching the play. Could be wrong and he just relayed the message, but if that's the case it's even worse. How are they missing a crucial play like that in Secaucus?

Apparently the explanation Stevens received was that there was not enough evidence to overturn it (from a 2). It was super close.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #514 on: December 05, 2016, 10:48:26 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
Points resulting on this loss:

- Back to back turnovers that sparked the Rockets 8-0 run
- Unclutch rebounds. Ugh, if it wasn't for the flagrant, the Rockets would have get away easier
- Horford blew the game winning layup. **** happens so I don't really blame him for it.
- Refs won't favor the Celtics anytime soon so they better play hard for 48 mins, not just in the 2nd half.
- Why is Kelly in the high post when defending? He always gets burned and commits a foul.

« Reply #515 on: December 05, 2016, 10:48:39 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
That 1 point wasn't why we lost. 

« Reply #516 on: December 05, 2016, 10:49:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
NBA picks it's diva s and caters to them.  Giving them an edge ...cheating for them.

Nothing new there

Will never change

« Reply #517 on: December 05, 2016, 10:49:53 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
What's the point of video review if your officiating crew still can't get the call right?  Don't they also have that huge center where most of the reviewing is done too?  Did they all miss that Bradley's shot was clearly a 3 too? 

Completely inexcusable.

Love to see how this is handled by the NBA. There's absolutely no reason we shouldn't get a replay of that game when it's clearly shown that it was a three. However, they like to protect the refs, so who knows how it will go.

We'll end up with an official statement from the NBA tomorrow confirming that the officiating crew missed the call.  Completely irrelevant since we still end up with the loss anyway.  All it does is confirm the incompetence of the league's officials, which is blatant for all to see.

Good thing that huge video review center and all the people that work in there are ensuring the integrity of the league.  Oh wait.

I don't know. In plays like this there is some precedent to replay games, especially if it involves actual earned points that were taken away and/or not properly given. I'm trying to remember when that happened recently, but it was a situation that was similar to this.

I don't think they can legitimately just get away with taking a point away that was actually earned. I would imagine there's a strong reaction and formal protest filed from the C's if that does happen.

« Reply #518 on: December 05, 2016, 10:50:08 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
That 1 point wasn't why we lost.

I'm leaning toward this too.

1. Harden was incredible
2. Gordon was incredible
3. IT was costly
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #519 on: December 05, 2016, 10:50:43 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
It was inconclusive.  We need to play better.

« Reply #520 on: December 05, 2016, 10:51:28 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney

Completely inexcusable.

I don't know. In plays like this there is some precedent to replay games, especially if it involves actual earned points that were taken away and/or not properly given. I'm trying to remember when that happened recently, but it was a situation that was similar to this.

I don't think they can legitimately just get away with taking a point away that was actually earned. I would imagine there's a strong reaction and formal protest filed from the C's if that does happen.

Agreed. Can leave susceptibility to point shaving to achieve certain spreads

« Reply #521 on: December 05, 2016, 10:51:39 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
An argument could even be made that the refs were even on our side tonight and we still lost.  Smh.

That's all you have?
Definition: A foul is considered flagrant when it involves excessive or violent contact that could injure the fouled player
So what about a direct and intentional elbow to the side of Marcus Smart's head wasn't excessive. Even if he didn't mean it he was swinging his elbows hard enough to warrant it violent or excessive you take your pick.

Whatever.  I'm not the type to argue.  This team i watched tonight, according to my analysis, suck major balls.  We are not getting out of the first round.  That is the reality.  You may choose to bury your head in the sand but that is the reality unless we make a major trade.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #522 on: December 05, 2016, 10:52:15 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
We had moments but we have some of the most physical defensive wings and Gordon and Harden are going off on us.  We aren't playing physical is what I see.

« Reply #523 on: December 05, 2016, 10:55:08 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney

That's all you have?

Whatever.  I'm not the type to argue.  This team i watched tonight, according to my analysis, suck major balls.  We are not getting out of the first round.  That is the reality.  You may choose to bury your head in the sound but that is the reality unless we make a major trade.

You haven't given me one stats or any form of objective information besides your opinion. The facts are we are a top 4 team in the East right now with plenty of room to grow as our young bench progresses, and our new starters learn to play better together both defensively and offensively. We also have plenty of assets to swing a trade for some solid bench/role players to make us an even better team and possibly strengthen our frontcourt to where it needs to be.
All those factors combined give us a great chance to get out of the first round.

« Reply #524 on: December 05, 2016, 10:55:10 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
We had moments but we have some of the most physical defensive wings and Gordon and Harden are going off on us.  We aren't playing physical is what I see.

Smart is the only physical player

Bradley is a finesse pesky defender, Horford is soft as well. IT........yea.

Smart is the only one in the trenches that's ready to jump out and go ape