Author Topic: Kris Dunn-bring him back to New England ???  (Read 4200 times)

Re: Kris Dunn-bring him back to new England ???
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2020, 04:17:31 PM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
I’d rather ‘bring back’ Pat Connaughton & Duncan Robinson.

Those two guys gunning off the bench for us would amazing and I’m sure an inspiration to all kids from the district.

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2020, 04:26:59 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
One of the main reasons so many people were bummed about not trading for Dunn is that it signaled the end to the Jimmy Butler trade possibility. I get it, if CHI also wanted the pick that turned out to be Tatum, then that would have been too much (at the time - but laughably so now); but fans were pining for Butler, for sure.

I certainly wouldn't be against bringing in Kris Dunn, but he needs to continue working on his 3pt shot (it fell off this year for whatever reason after shooting over 35% the previous season). His style would fit right in with the hard nosed bench we have and he also has decent size.

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2020, 04:31:52 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
The apple of many's eyes before the '16 Draft.
It's funny how many people back then were ready to burn Danny at the stake for picking Brown.
I personally liked Dunn and Bender better (good thing I'm not a GM haha.) When we picked Brown, I was slightly disappointed until I saw an interview with him at Summer league. It hit me that he just gets it. Now look at my signature haha. I love Jaylen Brown.

I liked Brown and Bender and I'm so glad Danny is our GM. I still that Bender could be a role player somewhere but I'm not sure he'll get another chance and I think he's only like 23 years old so he could still be a role player somewhere. I think Bender is with the Bucks now....

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2020, 04:37:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
The apple of many's eyes before the '16 Draft.
guilty as charged
scouting is not my strong point  :D

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2020, 05:02:09 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Think I am dunn with this topic.

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2020, 05:17:51 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
The reason people were so high on Dunn is that he was that good in college, plus tough.  I'm not sure what didn't translate (along with tons of injuries).  Something in the realm of not being the go to guy?  Not having the ball enough?  Not sure.  But he seems like the type who could have a mid to late career surge that gets him back to a very high level who knows his strengths and weaknesses.

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2020, 05:24:47 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Think I am dunn with this topic.

Lol I think he is a restricted free agent anyway.  I don’t see why the Bulls wouldn’t give him a shot at another year.

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 05:47:28 PM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
Dunn is looking at a 7Mil qualifying offer this off-season. No thanks.

Wanamaker is a better player at less than half the price.

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2020, 08:09:15 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
If we could land Dunn relatively cheaply, I would change my suggestion at who the C's should pick at 14,  Right now, I want a PG for the future, thinking Walker and his knees may not have a whole lot left in the tank.  Adding a 26yo PG in Dunn, changes my thought on this.  I've really only focused on PG's and late round bigs so someone will need to chime in on others available in the draft.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Re: Kris Dunn-bring him back to New England ???
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2020, 08:44:17 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I like his game, but he's an injury prone defence-first guard who can't space the floor too well.

I'd like to see him go somewhere like Detroit, especially if they draft Haliburton. Feel like he's an above average passer alongside really good defensive ability - he has a place in this league
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2020, 01:33:44 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
Personally, I think the last thing the Celtics need is a guy who can't score.
They have Semi, Wannamaker, G Williams, already.
If they are going to sign someone, please let it be someone who can score the ball.

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2020, 02:36:57 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
If they are going to sign someone, please let it be someone who can score the ball.

Finding a scorer who doesn't care if gets consistent touches game in and game out is tough to find. If Hayward were healthy, this wouldn't even be a debate. Even if we weren't at the cap limit, I believe we would have let two solid scorers in Morris and Rozier go...but it sure would be nice to have one of them now. Fwiw, I think Wanamaker is supposed to be a scorer.

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2020, 02:46:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Finding a scorer who doesn't care if gets consistent touches game in and game out is tough to find. If Hayward were healthy, this wouldn't even be a debate. Even if we weren't at the cap limit, I believe we would have let two solid scorers in Morris and Rozier go...but it sure would be nice to have one of them now. Fwiw, I think Wanamaker is supposed to be a scorer.

I’d be curious, how many teams have nobody outside of their top six who averages more than seven points per game? 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2020, 03:22:02 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones

I’d be curious, how many teams have nobody outside of their top six who averages more than seven points per game?

Don't forget Kanter (6.0 exactly). After last season's debacle, I believe this was done by design. I imagine the idea was that if one of our top players goes down, we aren't winning the whole thing anyway; so we might as well surround those top guys with players who will play solid defense and slot into their roles.

With how much success we were having and how many rookies we have on our roster, we should have probably made a move at the deadline; but I am not going to fault the team's construction, as we are in the ECF with a decent chance at advancing to the Finals. Apparently getting the Jays as many touches as possible was indeed a recipe for success.

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2020, 03:49:52 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

Please refrain from using the word "Rozier" and "solid scorer" in the same sentence. Makes me shudder just to think back on his offensive possesions.