Author Topic: Hoopshype says Celtics first to call David Lee - but no article  (Read 15261 times)

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Hoopshype says "Celtics first to call David Lee" under their just updated Rumors section on the main page, but when you click on it, there is no mention of it on there.  It seems like it is just breaking.  He isn't my first choice, but it would be much better than making a Rasheed-esque mistake on signing Brad Miller.  I sincerely doubt we'll sign three white big men in one off season so along with Luke Harangody it should rule that out.  I wonder what that means about Pierce, though.

Re: Hoopshype says Celtics first to call David Lee - but no article
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 05:52:55 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
it came from Jeff Goodman's twitter:

http://twitter.com/goodmanonfox/status/17521080347

the Cs really have nothing to offer then knicks in s&t except ray allen, which seems unlikely...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 05:55:05 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I want David Lee real bad. I hope there's some sort of deal that can be made.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 05:56:55 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70

the Cs really have nothing to offer then knicks in s&t except ray allen, which seems unlikely...

It does seem unlikely however NY and Ray have been rumored to share mutual interest for a while now.

I like Lee more and more - be a nice combo with Rondo. And I think he could be a useful defender if asked.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 05:58:02 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Ray Allen and Sheed's contract for David Lee and Eddie Curry makes a lot of sense

For Boston: Get frontcourt help and a replacement for KG in a few years. You would obviously have to sign Miller,Morrow or Redick with the MLE.

Curry could become a valuable trade chip at the deadline (13 mil expiring), because some teams might be wanting to get out of long contracts with the CBA deal being up after this year

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 05:58:39 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

It does seem unlikely however NY and Ray have been rumored to share mutual interest for a while now.

I like Lee more and more - be a nice combo with Rondo. And I think he could be a useful defender if asked.

I think so too. No one thought Ray or Pierce were good defenders, but defense is a team game and I think David Lee is more than smart enough to be able to learn how to play team defense.

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 06:09:54 PM »

Offline GranTur

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 68
  • Anti-NBA Hipster

Ray Allen and Sheed's contract for David Lee and Eddie Curry makes a lot of sense

For Boston: Get frontcourt help and a replacement for KG in a few years. You would obviously have to sign Miller,Morrow or Redick with the MLE.

Curry could become a valuable trade chip at the deadline (13 mil expiring), because some teams might be wanting to get out of long contracts with the CBA deal being up after this year

Amazing scenario for both teams. TP
"It's not how you play the game. It's whether you win or lose--that's my motto." -Larry Bird

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 06:14:48 PM »

Offline rkls134

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
Hoopshype says "Celtics first to call David Lee" under their just updated Rumors section on the main page, but when you click on it, there is no mention of it on there.  It seems like it is just breaking.  He isn't my first choice, but it would be much better than making a Rasheed-esque mistake on signing Brad Miller.  I sincerely doubt we'll sign three white big men in one off season so along with Luke Harangody it should rule that out.  I wonder what that means about Pierce, though.

Out of the three being talked about Lee is the only one worth real money, and the one I want.

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 06:16:16 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Brilliant. Always liked David Lee.

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 06:28:46 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Hate to lose Ray though.   We would probably have to sign a SG for the full MLE to start for us or have TA or the rook Bradley start.   Not sure that is a great idea.

While I really like Lee we would then have a logjam at PF with KG, Lee, and Davis neither of whom we should ask to play center for long periods of time.   If you do this maybe then you would package Davis for someone else.

Maybe Sheed, Davis, and a draft pick for Lee would work.   

I can't imagine seeing Curry in green.   I would want Ainge to immediately unload him at the trade deadline in February if this were to happen. 

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 06:30:07 PM »

Offline banks336

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
I hate to burst some of you quys bubble but you CAN'T sign and trade two players, we would be signing and trading ray allen for a sign and trade david lee.. That is impossible... The most likely scenerio would be trading sheed's contract to the knicks while trying to find a 3rd team to take on curry's expiring and sending Lee in our direction.  

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 06:35:47 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Brilliant. Always liked David Lee.

We are talking about Eddy Curry here.
The Cs would still need a Center to fill in for Perk while he is out and there is no guarantee that anyone will want to trade at the Feb trade deadline.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Is Lee a restricted free agent? I bet we offer him the MLE to see if he wants to play for a contender.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 06:38:22 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
man  i would love this   

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 06:44:21 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
Is Lee a restricted free agent? I bet we offer him the MLE to see if he wants to play for a contender.

His market value is probably double the MLE but maybe Boston could put together $10M worth of assets (Sheed, Baby, etc.) and get something done at that price. Not sure the value for the Knicks. Could be big if more cap room helps them reel in LBJ and co.