Author Topic: Ainge Trying to Trade Sheed's Contract as We Type  (Read 20092 times)

Re: Ainge Trying to Trade Sheed's Contract as We Type
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2010, 01:03:23 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
sheed only did good in Boston
here he do another good one
Hope this works..

I agree.  My hat is off to 'Sheed for allowing the Celtics the opportunity to use his deal to help the team.  First off, he could have taken the money and coasted over the next two seasons, but he chose not to do that.  And now he helps them in this way.  I know this past season was hard on him, but in the end I have respect for what he did for us in the playoffs and this decision regarding his retirement.

I've never thought Sheed was ever a bad guy or a bad teammate. Too emotional? Sure. Occasionally lazy? Absolutel. But I was getting annoyed that the talking heads on EEI were talking about chemistry issues during the season and saying "well it must be Sheed." I've never heard ex-teammates badmouth Sheed. And they've all seen worse in Portland and Detroit than we saw here. What's more, I understand Sheed does TONS of charity work in Philly but hates the image-consciousness of the NBA doing good in order to promote how great the NBA is. (I wonder if some of that stems from growing up in Philly during Barkley's "I am not a role model" apex.)

I think he lives by an extremely strong moral code, contrary to what most people think. But it's a personal code, unaffected by external and societal rules. He was smart and veteran enough to know what he had in the tank and when it would be best to use it, and he wasn't about to let media people, or even his own bosses, tell him when that time was. What's more, I bet he was extremely open about it with anybody who matters (teammates, coaches, Danny) from the start. Now, in a situation where 99 out of 100 NBA players would collect another two years of $6.5-7 million salary even if they knew they couldn't bring it anymore, Sheed is the one guy in 100 who will say, "I can't play anymore, I'm not going to, regardless of what money is out there." For some people, it's dumb. For him, it's pride and I admire that. And I don't think it's at all about doing a favor for the Celtics. Sheed is doing what he's gonna do for him. In a good way.

Go Celtics.

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2010, 01:07:22 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
sheed only did good in Boston
here he do another good one
Hope this works..

I agree.  My hat is off to 'Sheed for allowing the Celtics the opportunity to use his deal to help the team.  First off, he could have taken the money and coasted over the next two seasons, but he chose not to do that.  And now he helps them in this way.  I know this past season was hard on him, but in the end I have respect for what he did for us in the playoffs and this decision regarding his retirement.

I've never thought Sheed was ever a bad guy or a bad teammate. Too emotional? Sure. Occasionally lazy? Absolutel. But I was getting annoyed that the talking heads on EEI were talking about chemistry issues during the season and saying "well it must be Sheed." I've never heard ex-teammates badmouth Sheed. And they've all seen worse in Portland and Detroit than we saw here. What's more, I understand Sheed does TONS of charity work in Philly but hates the image-consciousness of the NBA doing good in order to promote how great the NBA is. (I wonder if some of that stems from growing up in Philly during Barkley's "I am not a role model" apex.)

I think he lives by an extremely strong moral code, contrary to what most people think. But it's a personal code, unaffected by external and societal rules. He was smart and veteran enough to know what he had in the tank and when it would be best to use it, and he wasn't about to let media people, or even his own bosses, tell him when that time was. What's more, I bet he was extremely open about it with anybody who matters (teammates, coaches, Danny) from the start. Now, in a situation where 99 out of 100 NBA players would collect another two years of $6.5-7 million salary even if they knew they couldn't bring it anymore, Sheed is the one guy in 100 who will say, "I can't play anymore, I'm not going to, regardless of what money is out there." For some people, it's dumb. For him, it's pride and I admire that. And I don't think it's at all about doing a favor for the Celtics. Sheed is doing what he's gonna do for him. In a good way.

not to count probably Wyc will pay him that money under the table

;)
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2010, 02:17:00 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
not to count probably Wyc will pay him that money under the table

;)
Sheed said he wanted $8 million to play last year, the C's gave him $6. If he takes a $2 million buyout he gets his $8, and I actually think that was the plan all along.

Send him off, with $2 million to do the buy out, and bring back somebody good.

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2010, 03:30:16 PM »

Offline DinTN

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Any news or semi-valid rumors on trading Sheed's contract?

Gortat
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2010, 08:11:27 PM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
I wouldn't mind picking up Gortat for Sheed's contract.  Do you guys think the Magic would trade with us?

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2010, 08:12:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Any news or semi-valid rumors on trading Sheed's contract?

there must be some going around since i am typing right now.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva