Author Topic: Pistons (11-17) at Celtics (18-7) Game #26 12/20/19  (Read 24451 times)

Re: Pistons (11-17) at Celtics (18-7) Game #26 12/20/19
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2019, 11:48:01 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2019, 11:51:07 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
It's a home game, and on the weekend, I will watch this one live!

Instinctly affraid first when I look at the interior matchups; but after I remember the desert in this team creation, outside game. They may be the weakest team at the guards and wings as we have one of the best team in this part of the game.

We have to beat the by 10 or more. Hope we catch the free 3 points spots
Great point.

Regarding the interior, is this is game where we finally see significant Tacko Time?
No. No Tacko Time. Sorry but Tacko just doesn't have what it takes to be playing NBA ball this year. He just isn't any good.

Maybe by the end of next year.

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2019, 12:08:20 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Instinctly affraid first when I look at the interior matchups; but after I remember the desert in this team creation, outside game. They may be the weakest team at the guards and wings as we have one of the best team in this part of the game.

Great point.

Regarding the interior, is this is game where we finally see significant Tacko Time?
No. No Tacko Time. Sorry but Tacko just doesn't have what it takes to be playing NBA ball this year. He just isn't any good.

The guy deserves a chance, doesn't he? If Grant, Edwards and Poirier got a chance, why not Tacko? Especially where our front court is so thin.

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2019, 12:13:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Great point.

The guy deserves a chance, doesn't he? If Grant, Edwards and Poirier got a chance, why not Tacko? Especially where our front court is so thin.
No. If he isn't any good, you don't put him into a game just to prove to fans he isn't any good. You simply don't play him.

He might see garbage time, but that is about it. At this point he is a human Red Auerbach victory cigar.

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2019, 12:27:58 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Holy cow at that injury report.

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2019, 12:49:08 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Blake Griffin and Luke Kennard have both been added to the Pistons' injury list. 

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2019, 01:31:06 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Brad Wanamaker (ankle) probable

I have nothing against Wanamaker, but I hope he sits out, only because I'm really curious to see who Stevens gives the backup PG minutes to and what kind of lineups we'd get.

I love these kind of situations: games you should still be able win, but have to play some funky lineups to get it done.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2019, 01:34:31 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Wish Tre Waters would be called up for this game.  With Smart still out and Wannamaker's hurt ankle, would love to see him get some run.  Kid played very decently in his one prior game in the bigs.

Killed last night in Maine again.

My favorite Celtic rookie.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 01:45:04 PM by footey »

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2019, 01:50:52 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Gottta say, real class act of the Pistons to see that Hayward and Smart were out and decide to match the C's injuries by sitting Griffin and Kennard. Dont see that kind of sportsmanship much these days. And then the Raptors following suite by declaring Siakim and Gasol out five days in advance! Really inspirational stuff.

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2019, 02:01:22 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Go C’s

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2019, 02:29:15 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
The injury reports for both these teams....yikes.

I fully expect Drummond to have a huge game but rest of Cs should be able to overcome the Pistons.

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2019, 02:35:55 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Great point.

No. If he isn't any good, you don't put him into a game just to prove to fans he isn't any good. You simply don't play him.

He might see garbage time, but that is about it. At this point he is a human Red Auerbach victory cigar.
Well if it's only garbage time, I'll take it, but gotta agree with gpap, he deserves some real in-game minutes.

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2019, 03:25:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Great point.

Well if it's only garbage time, I'll take it, but gotta agree with gpap, he deserves some real in-game minutes.
Why? What exactly has he done to prove he deserves time?

Has he feasted on the G League? No! He is averaging 13/9 with 2 blocks. That doesn't translate to "this guy deserves an NBA role". He can't even get more than 23 MPG in the G League.

He is slow to react. Can't guard smaller players in the pick and roll. Is horribly limited on the offensive end. And just doesn't know the system.

I love Tacko, but he is a minimum two years playing in the G League project. He is nowhere near ready for NBA minutes and has done nothing to prove he is.

I mean, let's be real here, if Tacko was 6'10" to 7', he would not be in the league. Being 7'5" doesn't mean you deserve or have earned NBA minutes. You still have to show you can ball

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2019, 03:41:28 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Gottta say, real class act of the Pistons to see that Hayward and Smart were out and decide to match the C's injuries by sitting Griffin and Kennard. Dont see that kind of sportsmanship much these days. And then the Raptors following suite by declaring Siakim and Gasol out five days in advance! Really inspirational stuff.
TP for giving me a smile!   sportsmanship:  I'll see your injury and raise you two LOL 

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2019, 04:16:12 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Romeo is going to have between 0 and 60 points tonight