Author Topic: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)  (Read 369915 times)

Re: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)
« Reply #1050 on: November 08, 2017, 03:30:55 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
My boy Šarić leading Sixers a valuable win on the road vs Utah without Embiid!
25 & 10, 5-9 3pts.

God Utah are awful to watch.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #1051 on: November 14, 2017, 11:56:18 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1052 on: November 14, 2017, 12:02:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
My boy Šarić leading Sixers a valuable win on the road vs Utah without Embiid!
25 & 10, 5-9 3pts.

God Utah are awful to watch.

thats what Hayward said too.  :)

« Reply #1053 on: November 14, 2017, 12:14:07 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1054 on: November 14, 2017, 12:16:41 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Embiid is so weird. He has these great games like last night, but has two clunkers the last two games before.

How does a guy that skilled and big only have a 98 offensive rating?

Edit: Well I see now he's shooting as well as Marcus from 3 and taking just as many plus a ton of TOs for a big man.

« Reply #1055 on: November 14, 2017, 12:20:19 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Sixers keep playing this well, my Lebron James to Philly scenario next summer won't seem so crazy.

« Reply #1056 on: November 14, 2017, 12:35:41 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Sixers keep playing this well, my Lebron James to Philly scenario next summer won't seem so crazy.

They’re 7-6 and lost to the Kings last week.  They’re not god-awful like they were for the past four seasons, but they don’t seem to be anywhere near the level of attracting an aging superstar looking to win another title.  And, compared to some NBA cities, Philly isn’t the most attractive.

(They’d also need to do a small salary dump too, but finding someone to take Bayless for a year shouldn’t be too hard given their draft assets.  But that’s not the primary reason your scenario is crazy).

« Reply #1057 on: November 14, 2017, 12:43:20 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Interesting. In that scenario James stays in the East, which is an added benefit.

However, it seems obvious they would need one more veteran piece/scorer/shooter. Portland's backcourt of Lillard and McCullom are possible targets if they underwhelm again this year.

Fultz becomes trade bait at that point. Ideally, they also resign Reddick to a team-friendly deal.

If the sixers started McCullom-Covington-James-Simmons-Embiid next year, that would be a tough team to beat. Backups would be Reddick-Holmes-Saric-McConnell-TLC-Korkmaz-Anderson.

« Reply #1058 on: November 14, 2017, 12:44:12 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Actually, it is crazy. Is LeBron is going to there to play off-the-ball, while Simmons facilitates? Or is the plan to have Simmons spot up (lol) off of James? Either way, it's crazy.

« Reply #1059 on: November 14, 2017, 12:45:55 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

They’re 7-6 and lost to the Kings last week.  They’re not god-awful like they were for the past four seasons, but they don’t seem to be anywhere near the level of attracting an aging superstar looking to win another title.  And, compared to some NBA cities, Philly isn’t the most attractive.

(They’d also need to do a small salary dump too, but finding someone to take Bayless for a year shouldn’t be too hard given their draft assets.  But that’s not the primary reason your scenario is crazy).
Come on now, remember Cleveland was 33-49 when James decided to go back.  I understand it was his home, but they weren't exactly a juggernaut.  What Cleveland had was a budding superstar in Kyrie Irving and the #1 pick in the draft in Wiggins.  Philly is actually in a much better position than Cleveland was and it isn't close (assuming Embiid and Simmons are relatively healthy).  They will likely be a playoff team.  They will have two budding superstars in Embiid and Simmons (not even counting the most recent #1 pick), and they will have a lot more and better young players to fill in on the bench or to be traded for vets (Fultz, Saric, Covington, etc. are way better than Waiters, Thompson, Bennett, etc.). 

The Sixers are in the East.  They have 2 or 3 potential superstars.  They have a ton of young player assets and first round picks that can be traded (including the LA or Sacto pick, which should be highly valuable).  They can sign James without giving up anything of value (as you say just dumping Bayless which is easy enough). 

If James leaves Cleveland, and I still think that is a big if, the Sixers are one of the very limited few teams that actually make a lot of sense.  Far more sense than the Lakers who have worse young players, are a much worse team without a draft pick, and play in the West. 

« Reply #1060 on: November 14, 2017, 12:46:56 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Interesting. In that scenario James stays in the East, which is an added benefit.

However, it seems obvious they would need one more veteran piece/scorer/shooter. Portland's backcourt of Lillard and McCullom are possible targets if they underwhelm again this year.

Fultz becomes trade bait at that point. Ideally, they also resign Reddick to a team-friendly deal.

If the sixers started McCullom-Covington-James-Simmons-Embiid next year, that would be a tough team to beat. Backups would be Reddick-Holmes-Saric-McConnell-TLC-Korkmaz-Anderson.

I assume you're talking about NBA2K with salary set to "off".

« Reply #1061 on: November 14, 2017, 12:51:12 PM »

• Paul Silas

After Embiid's contract kicks in, they will have 41 million in space to sign James (and potentially Reddick). They then trade Bayless, Fultz, and probably Anderson for McCullom.

Its doable with as many small contracts and rookie contracts they have on their team.

Its a bit of a condescending way to say something, especially without looking at the numbers yourself.

« Reply #1062 on: November 14, 2017, 12:53:41 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

After Embiid's contract kicks in, they will have 41 million in space to sign James (and potentially Reddick). They then trade Bayless, Fultz, and probably Anderson for McCullom.

Its doable with as many small contracts and rookie contracts they have on their team.
you can't just make up some fake trade scenario that would never happen. Mccollum is probably the best 2 in the game. Why would Portland get rid of him for the biggest draft bust and filler? Just to help lebron?

« Reply #1063 on: November 14, 2017, 12:54:35 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

they will likely renegotiate and extend Covington though, which will take up a fair chunk of that cap space.  If they wait on Covington, then you are correct.

« Reply #1064 on: November 14, 2017, 12:57:40 PM »

• Paul Silas

you can't just make up some fake trade scenario that would never happen. Mccollum is probably the best 2 in the game. Why would Portland get rid of him for the biggest draft bust and filler? Just to help lebron?

Its not like I want it to happen. The Blazers are the next team that is likely to make a big trade. They continue to underwhelm. Their backcourt is attrocious on defense. McCullom and Lillard are largely redundant.

They'd be getting back a major asset in Fultz, Bayless, and probably future draft picks. That's a good haul.