Author Topic: Trade for Beal?  (Read 4397 times)

Trade for Beal?
« on: January 19, 2019, 01:08:39 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I think in order to define roles and create more of a pecking order and shorter rotation for the playoffs, could a trade for Beal work for the Celtics?

To Celtics - Beal
To Wiz - Brown, Morris, Theis and #1 (Grizzlies pick)

It would remove the log jam of wings and give a dead eye shooter to go with Kyrie in the backcourt.
Morris is reunited with his brother and he's a FA anyway. It opens the way for Hayward and Tatum to up their minutes. Beal is a major upgrade to Brown at SG. How would you even defend a PnR with Beal, Kryie and Horford....with Tatum and Hayward on the weak side? No one fears Brown like they would Beal.

Kyrie
Beal
Tatum
Horford
Baynes

Off the bench
Rozier
Smart
Hayward
Williams

Re: Trade for Beal?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 01:10:23 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Ainge won't make a major trade until this summer, because moving any of our assets now would mean giving up on trading for AD.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 01:11:30 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Ainge won't make a major trade until this summer, because moving any of our assets now would mean giving up on trading for AD.

Probably true.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 01:12:25 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Like the idea but salaries don’t match
Beal makes 25M

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 01:24:42 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I think in order to define roles and create more of a pecking order and shorter rotation for the playoffs, could a trade for Beal work for the Celtics?

To Celtics - Beal
To Wiz - Brown, Morris, Theis and #1 (Grizzlies pick)

It would remove the log jam of wings and give a dead eye shooter to go with Kyrie in the backcourt.
Morris is reunited with his brother and he's a FA anyway. It opens the way for Hayward and Tatum to up their minutes. Beal is a major upgrade to Brown at SG. How would you even defend a PnR with Beal, Kryie and Horford....with Tatum and Hayward on the weak side? No one fears Brown like they would Beal.

Kyrie
Beal
Tatum
Horford
Baynes

Off the bench
Rozier
Smart
Hayward
Williams

Not trading for Beal, and salaries do not match.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 01:28:42 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
love Beal's game.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 01:52:42 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
We could swap out Baynes for Theis.

There are a few things that worry me about AD. Hes injury prone and his big numbers don't elevate his team to wins. He has decent talent around him and I'm starting to wonder will we have to stat sheet stuffers in Kyrie and AD but not produce wins.

I just don't want to pass up good deals to package everything for AD. Getting Beal would leave some assets in the bank and you could still go for AD using picks, Horford and or Tatum. Horfords salary will somehow have to be included unless he opts out and renegotiates.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 01:57:33 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

There are a few things that worry me about AD. Hes injury prone and his big numbers don't elevate his team to wins. He has decent talent around him and I'm starting to wonder will we have to stat sheet stuffers in Kyrie and AD but not produce wins.

I just don't want to pass up good deals to package everything for AD. Getting Beal would leave some assets in the bank and you could still go for AD using picks, Horford and or Tatum. Horfords salary will somehow have to be included unless he opts out and renegotiates.

What wins has Beal elevated his team to?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 02:01:17 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Nah, I'm good.

Kyrie/Smart is just as good as Kyrie/Beal.

Also, why trade Brown?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 02:01:43 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
That's it!
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 02:10:51 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
We aren't trading for Beal, period. Just doesn't make sense for multiple reasons.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 02:16:22 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

What wins has Beal elevated his team to?

Tp
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 02:38:29 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
A trade I came up with for Beal is Smart, Rozier, Morris, Bird (for salary filler to make the numbers work) and maybe one of our picks for Beal.  Could make it a 3 team maybe.

If it seems light to you does it seem all that different for what we gave up for Irving with an injured Thomas on the last year of his contract, Crowder, Zizic,  and a first (turned into Sexton), and a future second pick.

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 02:40:58 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Beal is a fantastic player. But methinks Ainge would be in this just to raise price for Toronto who is likely Beal’s next stop.

Cs would have to give up a lot to make the salaries work. Morris/Brown/Rozier/ Memphis pick to start

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 02:49:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
How many times has Ainge ever leaked a trade?   That is right, zero.   So this is a reporter making up a story.