Author Topic: The Zion Williamson Thread  (Read 25199 times)

Re: Zion Williamson breaks Duke all-time vertical
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 02:54:40 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
The kid from Wake Forest will be a better basketball player than Zion.

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2018, 02:59:20 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
The kid from Wake Forest will be a better basketball player than Zion.

You talking about Jaylen Hoard?

I like him too, same with Bassey. But I'm concerned about his shooting. Still he has great offensive moves, and his 7'1 wingspan/vertical is coveted.

His form mechanics are very inconsistent, there are times where he has a fluid release, and some highlights they just look forced. Hopefully Wake Forest will work well for him. He's a great young prospect. Over time, he'll learn better form, but I would take Little over anyone in the draft, no questions asked. This guy has the full package.

Reddish would also be a nice player.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2018, 03:38:33 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Zion has had a tremendous amount of hype the past two years. I suspect he will be a lottery pick. However, I do not see his game translating well at the NBA level.
Echoing this. TP.
Zion has had a tremendous amount of hype the past two years. I suspect he will be a lottery pick. However, I do not see his game translating well at the NBA level.

Same here. He needs to work on 3 things immediately:

Ball handling
Shooting, (since he's left handed, maybe he could get the advantage in throwing off defenders?)
Passing

His passing is actually not that bad, he's smart at kicking out the ball when double teamed, but he seems to only look in one clear direction. Must improve all 3 to even be considered NBA material, since his defense is very lackluster, and relies on chase down/weak side blocks, which is usually indicative of poor defensive awareness.

I'm actually not a big believer in Zion. But that athleticism can't be just written off.

I think he's going to have trouble shining next to Barrett and Reddish however, both whom I feel are superior prospects. He should have gone some place where he could be the lone star.

I think Little at UNC is also going to be a superior prospect and very much a Danny type of guy he likes to draft..

Yep same here. I already am boarding the hype train for Nasir Little if anyone knows how much I have raved about him in the 2019 NBA draft.

Zion has great vertical, but how much of his game translates other than put back dunks/transition opportunities?

I've really become quite the Little fan. I was watching his MVP performance at the McDonalds game and man does that kid have tools. Motor for days, jumps out of the gym, defensive intensity, 7'2" wingspan, smooth jumper. He made some legit pro moves.

I don't know if I've seen a more Ainge prospect ever..

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2018, 03:43:39 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Echoing this. TP.

Ball handling
Shooting, (since he's left handed, maybe he could get the advantage in throwing off defenders?)
Passing

His passing is actually not that bad, he's smart at kicking out the ball when double teamed, but he seems to only look in one clear direction. Must improve all 3 to even be considered NBA material, since his defense is very lackluster, and relies on chase down/weak side blocks, which is usually indicative of poor defensive awareness.

I'm actually not a big believer in Zion. But that athleticism can't be just written off.

I think he's going to have trouble shining next to Barrett and Reddish however, both whom I feel are superior prospects. He should have gone some place where he could be the lone star.

I think Little at UNC is also going to be a superior prospect and very much a Danny type of guy he likes to draft..

Yep same here. I already am boarding the hype train for Nasir Little if anyone knows how much I have raved about him in the 2019 NBA draft.

Zion has great vertical, but how much of his game translates other than put back dunks/transition opportunities?

I've really become quite the Little fan. I was watching his MVP performance at the McDonalds game and man does that kid have tools. Motor for days, jumps out of the gym, defensive intensity, 7'2" wingspan, smooth jumper. He made some legit pro moves.

As of now, looks like Little could be there at #2... And Sacto looks like a bottom 3 team. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2018, 03:47:55 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Echoing this. TP.

Ball handling
Passing

As of now, looks like Little could be there at #2... And Sacto looks like a bottom 3 team.

Droooool...

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2018, 03:57:32 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Little has that sweet, sweet pedigree.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2018, 04:01:48 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

I mean, yeah... but not like RJ Barrett, Cam Reddish or Zion Williamson...  ;D

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2018, 04:10:01 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
Echoing this. TP.

Ball handling
Passing

Droooool...

My previous Tankathon screen was left open and reloaded:

#3 - SF - Nassir Little
#11 - C - Daniel Gafford
#28 - PG - Shamorie Ponds

Sounds great to me!  The last one was Reddish, Bol and Ponds, and that seems dandy too!

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 04:11:27 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Echoing this. TP.

Ball handling
Passing

Droooool...

My previous Tankathon screen was left open and reloaded:

#3 - SF - Nassir Little
#11 - C - Daniel Gafford
#28 - PG - Shamorie Ponds

Sounds great to me!  The last one was Reddish, Bol and Ponds, and that seems dandy too!

Man I'll take that draft all day! I think if Little looks to go 2 and we're 3 or 4, I would make a deal.

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2018, 05:08:24 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

I mean, yeah... but not like RJ Barrett, Cam Reddish or Zion Williamson...  ;D

True true  :P

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2018, 11:54:24 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I can not think of a more interesting college freshman in my years as a fan (im 35) then Zion. He has a totally unique athletic profile and I really do not know how he will fit into the college game.

As for a pro prospect I really think it comes down to Zion's mentality. If he is willing to play as a role player first and focus on his D and rebounding and then develop his offense he could be special.

I love the BS test of could this player play in the finals/playoffs. Looking in the western conference arguably the best defensive player is D Green at 6'7 240. The Rockets played stretches of games with 6'5 240lb (my guess at weight) PJ Tucker playing center. I do not think its a stretch to play a motivated 6'7 265lb Zion at Center in a playoff series and have him excel in the role.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2018, 12:19:25 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
IF that Sac pic lands #2 and he is on the board..... WATCH OUT!   

Diggles

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2018, 12:21:19 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Josh Smith 2.0?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2018, 12:26:24 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
He can't shoot.  You can be 5'4" and 110 lbs and succeed in the modern NBA.  But you gotta be able to shoot.

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2018, 12:58:14 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
I don't think there's any way Danny would take him unless he proves he can hit the 3 this coming season. A stretch 4 who can't stretch. You can't spend a top 5 pick on a guy unless you think he's more than a role player. Maybe he's the 2nd coming of Barkley, but I don't see a lot there.