Author Topic: Jayson Tatum.......Please, get out of Boston  (Read 6423 times)

Re: Jayson Tatum.......Please, get out of Boston
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2019, 02:35:46 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
“Go find a deserted street court and just start chucking long and contested two's after paying some drug addict/alcoholic to play him one on one and keep his own self delusion going that he's actually an NBA player. I bet that junkie/alcoholic would probably even block some of those ridiculous and inefficient long bomb twos and I'd bet even more Tatum couldn't even shake that nobody and get to the basket -- if he still realizes and remembers that's actually an option. The boozebag would probably even work him one-on-one, considering he'd be "D'ing" up Tatum and having success while on the other hand defense and Tatum don't mix”

Ok....
Literal nonsense
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2019, 03:49:39 AM »

Offline sirnastee

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
whoa... cocaine is a helluva drug. 

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2019, 04:09:52 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
“Go find a deserted street court and just start chucking long and contested two's after paying some drug addict/alcoholic to play him one on one and keep his own self delusion going that he's actually an NBA player. I bet that junkie/alcoholic would probably even block some of those ridiculous and inefficient long bomb twos and I'd bet even more Tatum couldn't even shake that nobody and get to the basket -- if he still realizes and remembers that's actually an option. The boozebag would probably even work him one-on-one, considering he'd be "D'ing" up Tatum and having success while on the other hand defense and Tatum don't mix”

Ok....
Literal nonsense
I found it a bit funny to be honest

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2019, 05:13:47 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'm okay with Tatum if this is a slump year. He will probably bounce back stong come playoffs.

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2019, 05:43:01 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I agree on one thing: Tatum is an ordinary player who is incredibly overrated.

Does anyone really believe he will ever be anywhere near as good as guys like Davis, Giannis, Embiid or Simmons? Doncic is already a way better player, Zion is coming up and is looking like a beast.

The kid will never ever be a top 20, let alone top 5 player in the league. He was the most NBA ready player entering last season's draft, it should have come as no surprise that he had a strong rookie season, especially under coach Stevens. Now he's on scouting reports, and is getting exposed. Terrible defense, terrible shot selection, terrible decision making.

People finally got their wish in a young, "homegrown" talent who's putting up some points and everyone loses their god dang mind.

So yeah, I also can't wait until this braindead experiment has run it's course so we can finally move towards acquiring a real top talent worth building around.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2019, 06:03:39 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Not a bad rant Pistal, almost as good as your other one  :angel:

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=99519.msg2644877#msg2644877
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2019, 06:28:45 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
This season has been a very common thing ib the nba for young players.

So common it has its own term to describe it.

Sophmore slump

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2019, 06:52:45 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
OP wants promising talent out of Boston?
Wow.

Our season is measured by PO success, not by PO seeding.
We had 1st and 2nd seed for last 2 years, if we lost those years on 1st round, seeding wouldnt mean anything.
Just like it doesnt mean anything now and like it wont mean anything when we win a series this year.

I have a feeling that a lot of fans dont understand that Larry O'Brian trophy is handed out to PO winner not No. 1 reg season team. It has been that way for almost 8 decades.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2019, 08:30:13 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
You went from projecting him as better than PG13 to being a bum in less than a year?

I think your perception might be part of the problem here.

Nah buddy, I think your Green and White shaded glasses are the problem here. Who have you ever seen regress so much and consistently get worse by the game from their amazing rookie season to this clown show of a season. Take off the blinders.

I mean, if your goal here is parody of an extreme stereotype of a Boston sports fan, you’re doing a sensational job.

Otherwise, I’d say it’s a bit premature to pile dirt on Tatum’s grave.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2019, 08:33:52 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I suppose it takes a record of consistency for both Tatum and Brown to show they have higher ceilings than Gerald Green and Ricky Davis, both of whom are just as likely comps as Pierce and Kobe. They haven't yet.

Ricky and Gerald could possibly win you a playoff game if they get hot, or play great defense in spots. But nobody is building around either.

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2019, 08:52:02 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Aside from 3 point shooting (which also effects his FG%, eFG%, and TS%), Tatum's numbers are basically the same or better across the board this year as opposed to last year.  Even with the dip he has had in March which isn't unexpected given last year his January and February were pretty poor before turning it back on again.  Again for a second year player to have a later season dip, likely due to fatigue, isn't to be unexpected.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2019, 09:03:00 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
My feeling is it might be in both his and the Celtics best interest if he is traded to New Orleans.
I'm not down on him like OP, but he has appeared to regress in Boston. I think maybe he would do better someplace where he is the man, scoring wise anyway. Right now it seems he has no real place on the team. Irving is always going to be number one option, assuming he stays. After that, it any one depending on the day.
I've seen quite a few games where he's hot early on, scores 10 or more points in the first quarter, and than barely touches the ball after that. It got to be a little difficult on him. I truly believe he's a gifted scorer and can be a borderline all-star, if he starts giving more effort to defense and rebounding.
I can see him going somewhere and becoming a really good player. People here will complain he never should have been traded, but it will because he was traded that he gets there.

Just my opinion, but what do I know.

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2019, 09:08:09 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
My feeling is it might be in both his and the Celtics best interest if he is traded to New Orleans.
I'm not down on him like OP, but he has appeared to regress in Boston. I think maybe he would do better someplace where he is the man, scoring wise anyway. Right now it seems he has no real place on the team. Irving is always going to be number one option, assuming he stays. After that, it any one depending on the day.
I've seen quite a few games where he's hot early on, scores 10 or more points in the first quarter, and than barely touches the ball after that. It got to be a little difficult on him. I truly believe he's a gifted scorer and can be a borderline all-star, if he starts giving more effort to defense and rebounding.
I can see him going somewhere and becoming a really good player. People here will complain he never should have been traded, but it will because he was traded that he gets there.

Just my opinion, but what do I know.
this could be said for pretty much anyone else on the team other than Kyrie.   As a team, we don't tend to feed the hot hand (on those more-frequently-rare nights when we have one).

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2019, 09:32:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Tatum is slumping, I hope he pulls out of it, for the playoffs.

I do think Kobe did him a disservice by over complicating his shooting moves.

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2019, 09:47:03 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
OP is trolling?