Author Topic: 2015 Redsox starting lineup prediction  (Read 88274 times)

Re: 2015 Redsox starting lineup prediction
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 09:57:58 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I agree that, if Stanton can be had, Betts is definitely part of the trade package. We are well set up for this- he's not going to be playing 2nd base, he can't play 3rd, and our outfield is already stocked with well-paid Cubans, quality veterans, and one floundering young defensive wizard. If he carries the buzz he has right now into the off season and maximizes his trade value, that's the perfect situation.

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2014, 05:32:50 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

I agree that, if Stanton can be had, Betts is definitely part of the trade package. We are well set up for this- he's not going to be playing 2nd base, he can't play 3rd, and our outfield is already stocked with well-paid Cubans, quality veterans, and one floundering young defensive wizard. If he carries the buzz he has right now into the off season and maximizes his trade value, that's the perfect situation.

Maybe it's just a matter of semantics on my part, but I'll quibble with characterizing Betts' production as 'Buzz', or just a hot streak. Betts has mashed at every level for two straight years where the competition has generally been older than him, and had an on-base streak that can't be attributable to luck. He's not simply some "pump and dump" stock. I have as much confidence that he'll be a good player going forward as I do really any player.

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2014, 09:26:11 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Sox sign Pablo and Hanley?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/11/24/report-red-sox-sign-hanley-ramirez/HbkvnSt1qxYbFhQrek2GxO/story.html

Thoughts?

Sox could be a hell of an offensive team next season.

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2014, 09:28:48 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Hate the Pablo signing and pretty lukewarm on the Hanley signing. 

This team still needs a frontline starting pitcher or two.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2014, 09:31:28 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Well, word is they're talking to Lester.

I like the signings because they need more power other than Ortiz, but I agree they need pitching pretty badly.

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2014, 09:33:19 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Does this feel like the year where we got Crawford and all those guys for a ton of money, then dumped them all to LA later on?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2014, 09:39:12 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

I like the signings because they need more power other than Ortiz, but I agree they need pitching pretty badly.

Oh, they certainly needed some offensive help too.  I just don't think Pablo is worth that contract at all and, positionally, it looks like they have some log jams to work out now.  I think trying to plug Hanley at SS would be a disaster. So do you slide him to 3rd?  Then what do you do with Sandoval? 1st?  Now, what do you do with Napoli?  You can try and plug Hanley in LF but you already have a logjam out there. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2014, 09:41:15 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Oh, they certainly needed some offensive help too.  I just don't think Pablo is worth that contract at all and, positionally, it looks like they have some log jams to work out now.  I think trying to plug Hanley at SS would be a disaster. So do you slide him to 3rd?  Then what do you do with Sandoval? 1st?  Now, what do you do with Napoli?  You can try and plug Hanley in LF but you already have a logjam out there.

I bet they trade cespades and napoli for pitching help, or at least to move 24 mil in salary so they can then sign Lester too.

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2014, 09:42:15 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I could either see Pablo at 3rd, Bogearts at SS, Hanley at LF and packaging Cespedes in a deal for a pitcher OR Pablo at 3rd, Hanley at SS and Bogaerts in a trade to get a stater (Cole Hamels.)

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2014, 09:48:05 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Team looks like it has given up on middlebrooks and possibly boegarts

Cespedes, castillo and victorino starting at the outfield im guessing with betts as the 4th guy

Need to get lester back and sign one more ace like pitcher.

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2014, 10:03:47 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Panda has signed with us.  Ramirez next. Boegarts next used as a chip to get a quality pitcher?

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2014, 10:09:08 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I could either see Pablo at 3rd, Bogearts at SS, Hanley at LF and packaging Cespedes in a deal for a pitcher OR Pablo at 3rd, Hanley at SS and Bogaerts in a trade to get a stater (Cole Hamels.)

Cespedes is not going anywhere imo.  You need to overpay for a guy like this at the trade deadline anyways.

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2014, 10:11:44 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Panda has signed with us.  Ramirez next. Boegarts next used as a chip to get a quality pitcher?

No way Xander is traded - they don't have a SS, Hanley can't play SS anymore.  He will be moved to LF.  Cespedes + prospects will get moved for  pitching...

They will NOT move Xander or Betts unless it's someone like Sale, which is unlikely because he is a bargain...

They will move: ( D. Marrero, Owens, Johnson, Margot, Barnes )

They will not move: ( Xander, Betts, Swihart, Devers or Rodriguez )...

It's a nice position to be in if you are Cherington....

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2014, 10:12:33 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton

Cespedes is not going anywhere imo.  You need to overpay for a guy like this at the trade deadline anyways.

No way Cespedes is on this team come Spring Training, he will get dealt.  Looks for the Reds or Seattle to make a play for him...

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2014, 10:17:05 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
There is not one GM in Baseball that would give up Betts or Xander in a deal for Hamels, that is a massive over pay.  Phillies have zero leverage, they are rebuilding, Hamels has little value on that team. 

I could see - Marrero, Owens, Margot for Hamels but no way BC would give up Betts, Xander or Swihart in a deal for him....