Author Topic: ESPN Panel Predicts Where 2019 Superstar FAs land  (Read 2975 times)

Re: ESPN Panel Predicts Where 2019 Superstar FAs land
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2019, 10:08:36 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I’d take that offseason in a second.

Me too!

Could the Pelicans sign Davis to his 230 mil max deal and trade him to Boston in a sign and trade? That way, at least if we trade Tatum, we'd be assured we'd have Davis (and Kyrie) for 5 years.

No, the CBA doesn’t allow an “extend and trade” like that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2019, 10:08:50 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Save some people a click:

Just over 50% think Kyrie stays in Boston.
Just over 60% think AD is traded to Boston.

Other predictions include: Kawhi to LAC, Cousins to LAL, Durant to NYK, Thompson staying in GS, and only Harris re-signing with Philly.

Sounds about right

Only thing is I don't see Durant going to New York. If he left GSW (which I don't think he will) I could see him going to the Clippers with Leonard. He wouldn't move out of the West but rather play in the LA market which would expand his brand (and I am pretty sure he wouldn't want to play with Lebron on the Lakers.) This would also help the Clippers escape the Lakers shadow and help them get their own arena.

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2019, 10:09:27 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I’d take that offseason in a second.

Me too!

Could the Pelicans sign Davis to his 230 mil max deal and trade him to Boston in a sign and trade? That way, at least if we trade Tatum, we'd be assured we'd have Davis (and Kyrie) for 5 years.

No, the CBA doesn’t allow an “extend and trade” like that.

Ok, thanks.

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2019, 10:36:39 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Why ... would Kyrie be playing for the New Jersey Nets next year?

Russell looks like peak-Conley right now.
There is no team in New Jersey.  They are in Brooklyn.  They also can have double max room (by moving Crabbe), while theoretically keeping Allen, LeVert, Dinwiddie, Harris (and potentially Russell and RHJ)

I think implicit in the question is that the Nets would be better off keeping Russell and adding a more complementary piece, rather than Kyrie.

I agree that Russell and Kyrie would be an odd fit together.  I'm not sure that either guy would buy into that.
Kyrie is better than Russell though, so if they are only adding 1 max contract to their PG, they are absolutely better off making that PG Irving as opposed to Russell and then adding a max contract to that, while keeping LeVert, Allen, Dinwiddie, and Harris.  If they get Irving, but can't get anyone else, then they should bring back Russell and just move him later on if it doesn't work (Russell is theoretically big enough to play SG). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2019, 10:43:03 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Why, in the name of incel romance would Kyrie be playing for the New Jersey Nets next year?

Russell looks like peak-Conley right now.

Russell is now officially overrated.

Russell's most efficient scoring year is this year, but it compares to Conley's least efficient scoring years.

Russell is averaging 3.5 turnovers per 36. Conley averaged 2.5 per 36 at worst in his career.

Not to mention the defense, but that is harder to quantify given Conley's history with the grit and grind Grizz teams. Still, eye test pretty clearly tells us that Conley at his worst on defense is still better than Russell at his best.

Russell might not even be the third best guard all-around on his own team (Dinwiddie and Lavert).