Author Topic: trade idea:humphries, ab, protected 1st for perkins and reggie jackson  (Read 8429 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Why okc do the trade: get two expiring and a future 1st pick.

Why celtics do the trade: perk fills the center spot void, and would be great to have back. Good friends with rondo. The bigger deal imo is jackson. Kid has poor man westbrook written all over him. He has enough athleticism to potentially play ft sg along side rondo

Re: trade idea:humphries, ab, protected 1st for perkins and reggie jackson
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 01:00:18 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
You don't trade first round picks to acquire a role player like Perkins who has another year on his deal unless you're getting a better asset than Reggie Jackson.

Especially not when your team is bad and the pick is likely to be a useful one.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 01:07:22 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Perk can be had for less, but I don't see OKC trading Jackson with Westbrooks recent health issues and the loss of Harden and Martin

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 01:09:08 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Perk can be had for less, but I don't see OKC trading Jackson with Westbrooks recent health issues and the loss of Harden and Martin

This.

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 01:09:41 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
It's funny how last February people didn't want to trade Bradley for Cousins, and now in October people want to trade him together with a fist for Perk and jackson

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 01:10:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Definitely. This trade is come trade deadline when westbrook is logging majority of the min at pg. Okc also has lamb pegged as their future starting sg. Thats why jackson would be in limbo. Kid is not going to want to stay backup with a low salary in a year or two.

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 01:13:45 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Definitely. This trade is come trade deadline when westbrook is logging majority of the min at pg. Okc also has lamb pegged as their future starting sg. Thats why jackson would be in limbo. Kid is not going to want to stay backup with a low salary in a year or two.
If he's a rotation player on the cheap they aren't trading him until he is due for a new deal.

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 01:18:21 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
You don't trade first round picks to acquire a role player like Perkins who has another year on his deal unless you're getting a better asset than Reggie Jackson.

Especially not when your team is bad and the pick is likely to be a useful one.

Yeah, taking back Perk and sending out a 1st is the opposite of a good idea.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 01:26:30 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
perk?lol at this point in his career i'd rather have faverani play and develop. maybe we could also trade rondo for dragic to achieve full tank mode. ;D

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 01:37:12 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
perk?lol at this point in his career i'd rather have faverani play and develop. maybe we could also trade rondo for dragic to achieve full tank mode. ;D

I mean if we're trading for useless centers why not target Nerlens instead of Perk--he's cheaper.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 01:39:51 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

Lamb has yet to prove he can handle such a role, whereas Jackson stepped up majorly in the playoffs and seems poised to make strides this year.  OKC's still trying to contend; given that they've downgraded from Harden to Martin to... no one (yet), they're not likely to let go of the one realistic option they have as a sixth man.

That said, there is no point in reacquiring Perk at this point in his career.  He's about as close as you can get to finished.

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 01:45:11 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I like Perk but please add me to the list of NO WAY.  I'd sign him as a backup at this point

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 02:22:53 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
KP is not walking through that door.   He is the same as we have now a guy that needs to play off a star to be solid.  No to KP!

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 02:41:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Lamb has yet to prove he can handle such a role, whereas Jackson stepped up majorly in the playoffs and seems poised to make strides this year.  OKC's still trying to contend; given that they've downgraded from Harden to Martin to... no one (yet), they're not likely to let go of the one realistic option they have as a sixth man.

That said, there is no point in reacquiring Perk at this point in his career.  He's about as close as you can get to finished.

While okc will want to trap jackson into being a 6th man type guy for the long run, i doubt thats what he or any player in his situation will want. Its like bledsoe/paul situation again. This is his last year before going through a qualifying offer situation. Maybe okc does not want to deal with this problem as they got a huge payroll already

- as risky as this sounds, id give jackson a 5 year 7-8 million a year contract if we got him. Kid is going to be good.

- perk career is not over. Still less than 30 and has 3-5 years to give you at worse

- okc wont give up jackson easily. But they might if we eat up perks extra year and give them a 1st.

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 02:41:09 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
I'm all in for Perk, but if Danny made that offer Sam Presti wouldn't believe it. OKC are stuck with Perk, they won't amnesty him for the money implications and the lack of a good replacement.

I've banged the "let's help OKC to get Gortat or Asik by taking on Perk's horrible deal" drum for weeks. I think it would be a good idea if they can send Bass+Crawford to either Phoenix or Houston. Of course OKC would have to send Adams to either Phoenix or Houston, and their Dallas 2014 first rounder to the Celtics. It would help everyone involved, and Perk's contract, albeit terrible, will expire in 2015, and it could be a great asset at the 2015 trade deadline, or he could resign for cheap to backup our future starting Center.

And Chicago fans are calling for Boozer's amnesty. We could send them Kris Humphries+Courtney Lee/Bogans to take on Carlos ugly contract + the Charlotte 2014 first rounder they own. This way we're still a bad team before the trades, a decent one after them, and a potentially good team to start the 2014/2015 season.