Author Topic: 2008-09 Front Page Article of the Year Nomination Thread  (Read 15381 times)

2008-09 Front Page Article of the Year Nomination Thread
« on: August 27, 2009, 02:07:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Please use this thread to nominate your choice for front page article of the year and please post a link to that article. A few words why you believe it to be the front page article of the year would go a long way in the decision making process. After we have collected some of this year's absolute best articles, Celticsblog will put it to a vote and the membership will choose their selection for 2008-09 Front Page Article of the Year which will receive it's own special place in the Celticsblog Hall of Fame.

Please limit choices from articles that were started on or after Opening Day 2008.

Re: 2008-09 Front Page Article of the Year Nomination Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 07:55:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I had a couple of favorites through this year but my favorite was Steve's article about what beating the Knicks and the demise of the Knicks meant to him and how he came to hate the Knicks in the first place. A great personal look at the making of a Celtic fan.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2008/11/18/664213/regular-season-tilt-carrie

Steve Weinman's "Regular Season Tilt Carries Personal Meaning"

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 08:08:07 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 11:11:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
While reading through the front page articles of 2009 I came across this excellent one by Jeff that I thought was an fabulous argument with referenced stats and other stuff for "The Case for Rondo As An All-Star".

http://www.celticsblog.com/2009/1/23/708947/the-case-for-rondo-as-an-a

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 08:45:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I was finishing my review of 2008 front page articles when I came across this Bob Cousy themed article by Jim Weeks that got written on the day before Opening Night 2008. I fabulous piece detailing one of Boston's original superstar basketball stars, The Couz.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2008/10/27/645618/cousy-his-life-career-and

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 08:56:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
As an aside, to those that are new to the Celtics or just want to learn more about the history of this team, go take a journey into the Celticsblog Archives.

http://www.celticsblog.com/stories/archive?year=2009

or for even older stuff

http://celticsrant.blogspot.com/

You will find so many informative, entertaining and just plain extremely well written articles about your favorite team and players going back years. Jeff, Roy Steve, Jim Green17, Bent, Greg Kahn, hagrid, Celticballa32, and others have all put their own personal twists at a myriad of different topics and it is great reading.

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 11:01:12 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Gotta think Roy's excellent annual salary cap breakdown should get some play here - we're all a lot more educated for having him around on that.

Will find a link and add shortly...

And much thanks for the nominations, fellas.  Glad you enjoy my work.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 11:58:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Gotta think Roy's excellent annual salary cap breakdown should get some play here - we're all a lot more educated for having him around on that.

-sw
I already nominated it for post of the year but you are right, it should probably get nods in the front page, thread and post of the year categories. Roy's annual FAQ Salary Cap post is like a Scorcese or Spielberg movie. It should get the big three nomination(picture, director, actor if a movie/post, thread and front page article if on CB)every time a new one comes out.

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 12:31:09 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

-sw
I already nominated it for post of the year but you are right, it should probably get nods in the front page, thread and post of the year categories. Roy's annual FAQ Salary Cap post is like a Scorcese or Spielberg movie. It should get the big three nomination(picture, director, actor if a movie/post, thread and front page article if on CB)every time a new one comes out.

I absolutely agree
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 11:58:50 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Giving this one more bump before the voting thread comes out to choose the Celticsblog Front Page Article of the Year. If you happen to think that a certain front page article was the best you saw this past year, nominate it here!

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 12:09:50 PM »

Offline Master Po

• Author and
  • CelticsBlog Relic
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
  • The Man behind the Curtain
good stuff was written in 2009 .....and my lame crap wasn't one of them ( Ihave an excuse I was sick as hell and the dog ate my homework)..... The work Cballa put in on the pre game summaries along with Fl Celts fan were consistently good and took lots of work so I give a huge hat tip to them ...but I know this is not what this specific vote is about.

Anyway Nick I think the choices that have been made are good ones to choose from. Jeff, G17, SW, Hobbs etc. ......prolifically and tastefully good from talented people. Well done to all of you.