Author Topic: Rumored NYK / LAL / Utah trade discussions  (Read 3306 times)

Re: Rumored NYK / LAL / Utah trade discussions
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2022, 04:34:47 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
NYK assets are trash.  Their in every rumors but they really don"t have good assets at all.

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2022, 05:02:30 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
NYK assets are trash.  Their in every rumors but they really don"t have good assets at all.

I think they have a bag of picks.

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2022, 05:21:41 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
The Knicks draft picks might not be trash  It is complicated with protections but here is what they have:

2023    Own   
2024    Own   DAL (mid 20s?)
2025    Own   MIL  (late 20s?)        DET (mid teens?)
2025    Own   WAS (early teens?)

The MIL and DAL picks are protected but they should both be plenty late enough to comply.  The DET and WAS picks could go earlier but their protections are likely to be in play along the way.  I just made a guess of when when might hit.  The Knicks are likely to be really bad at least once or twice, maybe middling the rest.  So their picks are maybe in the 10-15 range through this period?

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2022, 06:05:41 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The Knicks draft picks might not be trash  It is complicated with protections but here is what they have:

2023    Own   
2024    Own   DAL (mid 20s?)
2025    Own   MIL  (late 20s?)        DET (mid teens?)
2025    Own   WAS (early teens?)

The MIL and DAL picks are protected but they should both be plenty late enough to comply.  The DET and WAS picks could go earlier but their protections are likely to be in play along the way.  I just made a guess of when when might hit.  The Knicks are likely to be really bad at least once or twice, maybe middling the rest.  So their picks are maybe in the 10-15 range through this period?

The knicks own picks could be good cause they're the Knicks and that WAS pick could be good. DET pick could also be something. Not all bad. Also if the Knicks give them up they will probably be good.  ;)

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2022, 09:15:15 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

The Knicks have been in the lottery 15 of the last 20 seasons.  Unprotected Knicks picks are some of the most valuable assets out there.

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2022, 09:58:11 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

The Knicks have been in the lottery 15 of the last 20 seasons.  Unprotected Knicks picks are some of the most valuable assets out there.

Yeah you can't really go wrong investing in unprotected Knicks picks.