Author Topic: Heat (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game #2 4/24/24  (Read 8136 times)

Billz401 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: Heat (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game #2 4/24/24
« Reply #585 on: Today at 09:53:19 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
Saying Boston has no chance to win the title now just because they won't sweep the Heat is a bit of an overreaction. They were never going to beat the Heat in 4. Spo is too good of a coach. He and his team thrive in this role. He sat around for 2 days hearing how Boston was going to sweep his team and he used that. He used the drubbing in game one to his advantage.

Now Boston gets to sit around for 2 days and stew on that game as they hear how overrated they are from the national media.

Last night was disappointing for sure but it is one game where miami made 24 3s. I want to see how they perform in games 3 and 4 before writing them off. I think they get at least one but probably 2 games there.

If they come home down 3-1 or tied for game 5 then that will be panic time.

Who knows...this just might go 7 games and it might be what they need. They have not been tested this year so now we will see what they are made of. The Heat should not win another game in this series but this group seems to try to do things the hard way or the stupid way.

Did the way we lose last night look any different from the way it did last year? One team has an upgraded roster, the other is depleted. Now ask yourself what the common denominator is.....
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #586 on: Today at 09:59:32 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
Saying Boston has no chance to win the title now just because they won't sweep the Heat is a bit of an overreaction. They were never going to beat the Heat in 4. Spo is too good of a coach. He and his team thrive in this role. He sat around for 2 days hearing how Boston was going to sweep his team and he used that. He used the drubbing in game one to his advantage.

Now Boston gets to sit around for 2 days and stew on that game as they hear how overrated they are from the national media.

Last night was disappointing for sure but it is one game where miami made 24 3s. I want to see how they perform in games 3 and 4 before writing them off. I think they get at least one but probably 2 games there.

Who knows...this just might go 7 games and it might be what they need. They have not been tested this year so now we will see what they are made of. The Heat should not win another game in this series but this group seems to try to do things the hard way or the stupid way.

If we go to 7 games against this team, you cannot tell me you would place $ on this team winning a title. Even if we struggle, we are not winning a title.

Championship teams don't struggle against 8 seeds down multiple starters. They simply don't. Championship teams don't allow a coach to close a mile wide gap in talent. The only way that happens is if the team is artificially handicapped....

Last night looked no different than last year. There's a million reasons to be concerned.

« Reply #587 on: Today at 10:13:11 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
My biggest concern is Boston plays so poorly at home in the playoffs. It’s just crazy.

Also in 2008, the Atlanta Hawks an eight seed pulled the highly respected and favored Celtics into a seven game series. In the end that seven game series as well as the one with Cleveland served that Boston team well.

Don’t give up the ship. Game three will tell a lot about this team.

lol not a single poster should be jumping ship in a 1-1 series. The hand slitting on this board if the Celtics lose any playoff game is pretty unbearable.

Not saying the loss was not bad. But the idea the Celtics can’t beat this heat team now because of last nights loss is pretty ridiculous

We lost to a an 8th seed down 2 of its top 3 players at home.

We lost in the same fashion as last year.

To recap, we lost to a bad team at home yet we should be ok because for some.reason....

Title teams don't struggle again teams like the heat.  Denver came back from 20 down against a clown LA team.

We have talent to  win it all, but Joe will hold them back.

We saw the same thing before against this exact same team last year. Wrist slitting is warranted here. I understand losing Game 4 if you're up 3-0 but not at your home floor being 1-1 when the opposing team was down two of their 3 best players

It's not.

It is 1-1 against a lousy team that has no hope of beating us in a series. They won a game. Good for them. They have no chance in this series. Not without Jimmy.

Bad night. Move on to the next game.

Congrats on the heat “not being able to win this series”…even if you’re right it’s about the bigger picture. This loss shows me they aren’t winning the title, just not happening

BINGO. eventually this lolly gagging primma donna million dollar attitude of i play when i want to play will backfire yet again with this group, there is a bad trend the last 7 years.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #588 on: Today at 10:14:02 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

If we go to 7 games against this team, you cannot tell me you would place $ on this team winning a title. Even if we struggle, we are not winning a title.

Championship teams don't struggle against 8 seeds down multiple starters. They simply don't. Championship teams don't allow a coach to close a mile wide gap in talent. The only way that happens is if the team is artificially handicapped....

Last night looked no different than last year. There's a million reasons to be concerned.

absolutely!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #589 on: Today at 10:23:16 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

Did the way we lose last night look any different from the way it did last year? One team has an upgraded roster, the other is depleted. Now ask yourself what the common denominator is.....

common denominator?

JOE BLOW,, WYC, and BRAD endorsing this joke of a hire.

and let me say this.....while joe is garbage....we have some bad bad red flags popping up withg JT and JB mental laziness ands softness. I spoke wioh a nuggs fan and he said we are as soft as charmin and if we make it somehow they will stomp a mudhole in us. joker would destroy us in the paint.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #590 on: Today at 10:27:17 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
More shots for Hauser. If Pritchard is going to shoot 0 shots you might as well give Springer some run. If Zinger is going 1-9 you might as well give Q some run. Please for the love of god no more two big lineups. The Heat don't have anyone taller than Tatum playing. The Heat give us trouble because we don't adjust. When it's not working you have to change it up, Joe. I think that's the coach's main job.

« Reply #591 on: Today at 10:39:07 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald

common denominator?

JOE BLOW,, WYC, and BRAD endorsing this joke of a hire.

and let me say this.....while joe is garbage....we have some bad bad red flags popping up withg JT and JB mental laziness ands softness. I spoke wioh a nuggs fan and he said we are as soft as charmin and if we make it somehow they will stomp a mudhole in us. joker would destroy us in the paint.

Agreed. I love JT's talent but it always perplexed me how he can idolize Kobe but not try and mimic his alpha personality.
I think JB has somewhat of a dog in him, but his basketball IQ can utilize it.

These 2 waste several possessions a game on heat checks and bad pass attempts.

« Reply #592 on: Today at 10:49:28 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Def. be concerned if they lose game 3. And yes I think the lack of good coaching is and has been a big issue.

There are things I don't like...they scatter shot rotations esp in the second half...Sitting your hottest player in the first quarter for no reason. Not adjusting your game plan when you see Miami is starting to hit from 3.

Don't like JT allowing his so called missed calls to take him totally out of his game mentally, Dumb fouls, missed lay ups, hero ball and missed free throws.

Thought JB was good.

Jrue has lost all confidence offensively it seems. Is missing a ton of easy shots at the rim.

KP was putrid yesterday. Never adjusted to being leaned on.

Def. things have to be corrected. Celtics are still their own worst enemy.

I just do not get a team also being so bad at home in the playoffs.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:55:07 AM by celticinorlando »

« Reply #593 on: Today at 03:20:35 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller