Author Topic: On Point (Romeo featured docuseries)  (Read 1327 times)

On Point (Romeo featured docuseries)
« on: February 18, 2020, 01:54:30 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Been watching On Point on Crackle (it's free for those who don't know).  So far I've watched 7 of the 10 episodes, and it's pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81TcnE1PpHk

It follows Romeo Langford, Emitt Williams (currently at LSU), and Scotty Lewis (currently at Florida) as they travel the summer basketball circuit in '17.  Shows them traveling, dealing with fans, coaches, family, playing in tournaments, talking about recruiting and their "rankings", etc.  Interesting stuff.  And while it's not explicitly stated or looking to compare brands, each player is with a different sneaker company: Romeo with Adidas, Emitt Williams with Nike, and Scotty Lewis with Under Armor.

I thought the first episode was a little slow, introducing the players, but get more interesting in following episodes (each episode is roughly 30 mins).

A ton of cameos from college coaches and players.  Something I think hardcore basketball fans would definitely enjoy.

Besides the obvious Romeo info, an interesting Romeo angle comes out in episode 7 showing Romeo dealing with nagging back problems (some of you will love to see this and question Ainge lol). 

Romeo doesn't come off like anything special, personality wise, not saying in a negative way, but more like how you'd expect a normal 17 year old to act with a camera always on him: kinda shy and not really opening up.  I think he shows the least personality out of the 3 kids featured, with Emitt Williams being the most enjoyable to watch.

Anybody else watching this?  Would love to hear others thoughts.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class