Celtics Basketball > Celtics Talk

Derrick White extension?

(1/23) > >>

smokeablount:
Team has until 10/23 to extend White, sounds like they are having some conversations. He still has two years left.

https://www.celticsblog.com/platform/amp/2023/10/16/23919218/boston-celtics-derrick-white-contract-extension-brad-stevens

Kernewek:
Seems like an absolute no brainer to me, a person with no responsibility towards balancing the team's cap or finances.

smokeablount:

--- Quote from: Kernewek on October 17, 2023, 08:47:29 AM ---Seems like an absolute no brainer to me, a person with no responsibility towards balancing the team's cap or finances.

--- End quote ---

As a STH I would no doubt help finance this (ticket prices rose 18% this year), I’m also a known cheapskate… and it still seems like a no brainer. How can you not love DWhite?

smokeablount:
The new spending penalties, second apron, etc might prevent teams from building up a super team these days. But the Celtics were already well underway on that course when these changes were announced. Too late to turn back now.

The Celtics have the most talent #1-6 of any roster. If they just brought everyone back and spent money Warriors style, would there even be another team in the league capable of keeping up with our spending / bringing in this much high level talent?

We could have the highest bill and the most talent, and it would be difficult for another team to even be allowed to spend that much on good value contracts.

The Warriors are already at that stage, but are on the decline and not on the rise like the Celtics.

Just pondering the market at large. The Celtics have assembled the most talent and can resign everyone if they want, at a time when it is very difficult for the top teams to have good assets and room to maneuver below the 2nd apron when it comes to all star players.

Donoghus:
Definite no brainer.  Get it done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version