Author Topic: I’m Moving On. AD Doesn’t Want BOS & Trading Tatum For A Rental Would Be Idiotic  (Read 28438 times)

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Mannix believes the Celts get AD this summer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4gt9DDbtgs

Oh and Chris Carter and Nick Wright are a couple of ****s.

They are such a joke

Nick Wright has his nose up Lebron's backside and Chris Carter stinks to high heaven of hate for Boston. Or just stinks period.

But Carter is a former NFL wide receiver, why wouldn't we believe everything he says about the NBA? lolol
why is he even on those shows about the NBA?   What background does he have for knowing what he is talking about?  Might as well throw up some other random NBA fan.

Lol. It's ridiculous. If I am Chris Mannix, I am saying to myself "what a couple of (fill in the blank)"

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Mannix believes the Celts get AD this summer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4gt9DDbtgs

Oh and Chris Carter and Nick Wright are a couple of ****s.

They are such a joke

Nick Wright has his nose up Lebron's backside and Chris Carter stinks to high heaven of hate for Boston. Or just stinks period.

But Carter is a former NFL wide receiver, why wouldn't we believe everything he says about the NBA? lolol
why is he even on those shows about the NBA?   What background does he have for knowing what he is talking about?  Might as well throw up some other random NBA fan.

Lol. It's ridiculous. If I am Chris Mannix, I am saying to myself "what a couple of (fill in the blank)"

It's hilarious how they call him bias for the C's yet Nick Wright is 100% biased for Lebron.  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I agree... giving up Tatum without a long term deal from AD would be absolutely idiotic and would set us back for years... Let's say that deal goes down and we give up Tatum and a combination of Smart/Brown/Hayward and multiple picks. AD comes and Kyrie agrees to an extension. After the season, AD sticks to his word and signs with LA as a free agent.  I am sure Kyrie would then demand a trade...  What would we be left with? Depending on the length of Kyrie's extension, we could be left with nothing. If he signs a one year extension, he could walk free as well.

If AD doesn't want to sign long term before the trade, then I say let him go (yes I know that means Kyrie will probably leave too), but at least we still have a young core of Tatum and Brown that we can develop and build around. Just my two cents.

This is going to be a wild 6 months ahead, that's for sure.

Only if AD doesn't get traded within the next 5 hours  :P

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Well now we'll likely have about 4-5 months to convince him that Boston is a great place to play. Hope it works.

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Well now we'll likely have about 4-5 months to convince him that Boston is a great place to play. Hope it works.

I think Ainge is going after him regardless. That seems to be the sense now.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Best case scenario: we take Warriors to 7 games.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Best case scenario: we take Warriors to 7 games.

This year?

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I think Ainge is going after him regardless. That seems to be the sense now.

The MEM pick looks gold now. That'll help!

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Quote from: Phantom255x link=topic=99 8)017.msg2622729#msg2622729 date=1549569692
Why only 4-5 months? After we trade for him we will have until October 2020 to sign him. That's a lot longer than 4-5 months. Also, Davis won't be signing any long term extension. It's most likely, to max out his earnings potential he signs a series of one year deals until he hits his max 35% of cap salary level and signs a big multi-year deal.

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Quote from: Phantom255x link=topic=99 8)017.msg2622729#msg2622729 date=1549569692
Why only 4-5 months? After we trade for him we will have until October 2020 to sign him. That's a lot longer than 4-5 months. Also, Davis won't be signing any long term extension. It's most likely, to max out his earnings potential he signs a series of one year deals until he hits his max 35% of cap salary level and signs a big multi-year deal.

Honest question though. With his injury history, is a series of 1+1 deals the best option for him?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Lakers foiled for now. .....time to move on

phase 2 into action.

Resign Kyrie and get a deal done for Davis .

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Honest question though. With his injury history, is a series of 1+1 deals the best option for him?
He will get whatever deal he wants and his injuries are not injuries from the same body part. He is injured all over his body. You don't worry about that. You worry about recurring injuries on one specific body part that could limit Davis' long term ability.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

When Davis opts out of his current contract in 2020 he'll have 8 years tenure.  Personally, I think his best option at that point would be a 2+1 deal.  He could then opt out of the last year of that contract and have exactly 10 years of tenure, thus making him eligible for the 35% max.

He could potentially make more if he signed two separate 1+1 deals (opting out of the last year of both), but it's slightly more risky.  I have zero expectation Davis signs a 4 or 5 year deal with anyone.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

That makes sense. I'd say first step obviously is still to keep Kyrie but I think now Kyrie can also communicate the possibility of them (AD + Kyrie) teaming up in Boston. C's can offer Kyrie 188M while others 139M and now they may be a true front runner besides NYK to land AD.

That's a nice selling point.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

That makes sense. I'd say first step obviously is still to keep Kyrie but I think now Kyrie can also communicate the possibility of them (AD + Kyrie) teaming up in Boston. C's can offer Kyrie 188M while others 139M and now they may be a true front runner besides NYK to land AD.

That's a nice selling point.
If a Davis trade is made it most likely will be leaked around the draft as Boston would be drafting for New Orleans. Then a week later it will be announced on July 1st, the first day teams can announce that they have come to agreements with free agents, Boston will announce that Kyrie will be re-signing. Then the trade will be finalized over the summer.

If I am everyone here, this is what I would expect to be happening early this summer. So relax and enjoy this run for the Celtics. They will be getting even better this summer.