Author Topic: On to the 2019 Kings Pick!  (Read 8461 times)

Re: On to the 2019 Kings Pick!
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2018, 03:04:52 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
There is potential for up to 4 1st round draft picks in 2019 while we’ll have at least 2.  We have a pretty full roster now, and if Ainge is not as high on that draft and if we aren’t consolidating trading for a star, I would not be opposed to trading out or down from that draft for a lottery pick further out in the future.  My thinking is if we did that and say had 2 more lottery picks as Brown and Tatum enter their mid 20s and Irving and Hayward turning the corner past 30 it may be more important to restock high end talent then.

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2018, 03:11:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
There is potential for up to 4 1st round draft picks in 2019 while we’ll have at least 2.  We have a pretty full roster now, and if Ainge is not as high on that draft and if we aren’t consolidating trading for a star, I would not be opposed to trading out or down from that draft for a lottery pick further out in the future.  My thinking is if we did that and say had 2 more lottery picks as Brown and Tatum enter their mid 20s and Irving and Hayward turning the corner past 30 it may be more important to restock high end talent then.

If in fact the 2019 draft becomes loaded as a result of the implementation of the baseball rule starting that year, and we end up with this many first round picks, we will be a highly motivated seller, and would have a treasure trove to offer for a big time player.

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2018, 03:17:55 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The Lakers are very good.
But I think we can count on the Kings to deliver a nice pick in 2019.

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2018, 03:22:55 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

If in fact the 2019 draft becomes loaded as a result of the implementation of the baseball rule starting that year, and we end up with this many first round picks, we will be a highly motivated seller, and would have a treasure trove to offer for a big time player.

Yes, but it takes 2 to tango.  A big time player needs to be available which isn’t always the case.  It would be great if Davis is available then but it’s no guarantee.

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2018, 03:28:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Yes, but it takes 2 to tango.  A big time player needs to be available which isn’t always the case.  It would be great if Davis is available then but it’s no guarantee.

True. But our best offer involving tangible assets is likely to be at the end of the 2018/19 season, prior to that draft. Frankly, I doubt Davis is in any frame to leave NOP right now, given how well they are doing.  Those picks won't mean much until it is clear where they rank, since a couple may be lottery picks.

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2018, 05:39:51 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

True. But our best offer involving tangible assets is likely to be at the end of the 2018/19 season, prior to that draft. Frankly, I doubt Davis is in any frame to leave NOP right now, given how well they are doing.  Those picks won't mean much until it is clear where they rank, since a couple may be lottery picks.

I share the same sentiments as well. AD isn't going to leave or demand a trade now until after towards the beginning of season, and nearing towards the trade deadline.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2018, 06:36:50 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

The Lakers are very good, if very good means they have an outside shot at winning half their games.  The Lakers aren't even good, but they are better than the 8-9 truly bad teams.

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2018, 06:39:45 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
It is too early to know which guys will be at the top of class next year, there are always late bloomers and a lot of things can change in 14 Months.  There is also the prospect of players returning to school.  If Porter returns to school, he instantly becomes the top guy again.  Things like that will make the Kings pick more valuable.  Plus, even if our preferred player isn't on board, another team may be willing to make a move.

There is also the overrating of drafts.  Underrating drafts also happens.  The people reporting are always good indicators of strength. 

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2018, 07:03:56 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Bol Bol 2019?

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2018, 07:49:36 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

The Lakers are very good, if very good means they have an outside shot at winning half their games.  The Lakers aren't even good, but they are better than the 8-9 truly bad teams.

The Lakers are 7-3 in their last 10 games and have won 4 in a row.
They are much better now that Randle is starting.