Author Topic: On to the 2019 Kings Pick!  (Read 8463 times)

Re: On to the 2019 Kings Pick!
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2018, 03:38:55 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Well taking a look at the top 5 players in the 2019 NBA draft, and majority of their weaknesses seem to be intangibles, intensity, or just out of control...

I like Barrett of course, Zion seems like an interesting candidate if Coach K can help him improve his meager jump shooting form, and Bol Bol literally sounds like Thon Maker without the ability to handle the ball.

Basically...

Doesn't sound that great, considering Barrett's weaknesses rely heavily on his inability to finish through contact, or make sound decisions, (focusing on fancy or complicated finishes versus the simple and easier ones.) Zion can't hit a shot outside of 15 feet, and Bol Bol at 7'2 with 226 pounds is freakishly skinny and downright scary. His wingspan is also 9'6.5 which is the same as Mohamed Bamba, and scouts are drooling over his defensive potential.

I would love for the Lakers pick to convey, as I'm very high on Bagley, and Ayton. And besides Doncic, I think Bagley, Ayton, are the two clear cut franchise altering bigs we have desperately been waiting to add to our roster.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2018, 03:48:53 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 919
Since the Lakers look decent,  what other potential high picks do the Celts have?   I've lost the narrative.

This is my go-to site:

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

Mike

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2018, 05:25:50 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm not that high on the Lakers.  They won 4 in a row.  Sure.  But I don't expect this to continue.  They are not making playoffs and they are not going to end up a .500 team this year.

Just wait, the bottom will fall out and Lakers will look like their old selves again.  Ball is going to miss the game against the Bulls and maybe a couple more.  Hell the Lakers win more without Ball than with Ball.  Hate to say it, but kid looks very dangerously close to Bust when your team wins more without you than with you.

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2018, 05:41:15 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I'm not that high on the Lakers.  They won 4 in a row.  Sure.  But I don't expect this to continue.  They are not making playoffs and they are not going to end up a .500 team this year.

Just wait, the bottom will fall out and Lakers will look like their old selves again.  Ball is going to miss the game against the Bulls and maybe a couple more.  Hell the Lakers win more without Ball than with Ball.  Hate to say it, but kid looks very dangerously close to Bust when your team wins more without you than with you.

You are right. Maybe they should try to trade him to Lithuania  :P
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 08:57:26 AM by hodgy03038 »

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2018, 11:38:35 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Well taking a look at the top 5 players in the 2019 NBA draft, and majority of their weaknesses seem to be intangibles, intensity, or just out of control...

I like Barrett of course, Zion seems like an interesting candidate if Coach K can help him improve his meager jump shooting form, and Bol Bol literally sounds like Thon Maker without the ability to handle the ball.

Basically...

Doesn't sound that great, considering Barrett's weaknesses rely heavily on his inability to finish through contact, or make sound decisions, (focusing on fancy or complicated finishes versus the simple and easier ones.) Zion can't hit a shot outside of 15 feet, and Bol Bol at 7'2 with 226 pounds is freakishly skinny and downright scary. His wingspan is also 9'6.5 which is the same as Mohamed Bamba, and scouts are drooling over his defensive potential.

I would love for the Lakers pick to convey, as I'm very high on Bagley, and Ayton. And besides Doncic, I think Bagley, Ayton, are the two clear cut franchise altering bigs we have desperately been waiting to add to our roster.
You're really harsh on Bol. He is significantly more skilled than thon maker in every way. Bol to me resembles porzingis. Bol is a highly coordinated 2 way player  and actually has a smooth offensive game unlike maker

We could really use a porzingis type of player so Bol would be perfect for his mismatching ability,  scoring threat, and unmatched length... The guy can almost touch the rim without jumping. That is insane.

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2018, 12:33:34 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

Basically...

You're really harsh on Bol. He is significantly more skilled than thon maker in every way. Bol to me resembles porzingis. Bol is a highly coordinated 2 way player  and actually has a smooth offensive game unlike maker

We could really use a porzingis type of player so Bol would be perfect for his mismatching ability,  scoring threat, and unmatched length... The guy can almost touch the rim without jumping. That is insane.

Yep, BOL is the guy to excited about if you want a big. Serious Unicorn potential. The defensive potential of Bamba with alot higher offensive upside. Not too excited about Barret or Reddish but I want Bol if we get the kings pick.

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2018, 12:56:04 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Ready for this pick watch to begin.  :) Along with LAC and MEM!

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2018, 01:12:43 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Too soon to say, but at the moment the 2018 draft is so much better than the 2019 draft, especially for bigs.

There is the distinct possibility, however, that the NBA will do away with the one and done rule, and adopt something akin to baseball, starting with 2019 (come out straight from HS, or, if you don't, then go to college for 2-3 year min.) This would greatly enhance the value of the 2019 draft because it would blend the best players right out of HS and the best players who played a year of college (since the rule did not take effect until 2019). 

AM I right??

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2018, 01:28:07 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Basically...

Yep, BOL is the guy to excited about if you want a big. Serious Unicorn potential. The defensive potential of Bamba with alot higher offensive upside. Not too excited about Barret or Reddish but I want Bol if we get the kings pick.
Bol needs to add at least 20 pounds, but yeah he is the guy to really get excited about in that draft for a team like Boston that is fine at the wing (Barrett looks like he could be a real star as well).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2018, 01:39:57 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Let's hope New Orleans will be VERY interested in the players that will come from the 2019 draft.

I am certainly not impressed with it thus far.

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2018, 02:09:47 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Too soon to say, but at the moment the 2018 draft is so much better than the 2019 draft, especially for bigs.

There is the distinct possibility, however, that the NBA will do away with the one and done rule, and adopt something akin to baseball, starting with 2019 (come out straight from HS, or, if you don't, then go to college for 2-3 year min.) This would greatly enhance the value of the 2019 draft because it would blend the best players right out of HS and the best players who played a year of college (since the rule did not take effect until 2019). 

AM I right??

I'm hoping this happens. I don't know much about the 2020 class yet but it seems to have more big men at the top than 2019 currently does. Whether they are actually any good, who knows? But if some of these guys could be eligible for 2019 that'd have to help.

James Wiseman, Vernon Carey, Charles Bassey, Chol Marial

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2018, 02:12:10 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

AM I right??
Are you hearing any rumors about this happening?  I agree this is a logical fallout of the big FBI scandal, but I wonder if you are hearing any rumors.  That would be FANTASTIC for the C's, given that we'll likely have 3-4 first rounders in 2019.

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2018, 02:17:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

AM I right??

I'm hoping this happens. I don't know much about the 2020 class yet but it seems to have more big men at the top than 2019 currently does. Whether they are actually any good, who knows? But if some of these guys could be eligible for 2019 that'd have to help.

James Wiseman, Vernon Carey, Charles Bassey, Chol Marial

This would be great if this happened

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2018, 02:34:59 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

AM I right??
Are you hearing any rumors about this happening?  I agree this is a logical fallout of the big FBI scandal, but I wonder if you are hearing any rumors.  That would be FANTASTIC for the C's, given that we'll likely have 3-4 first rounders in 2019.

Not specifically.  I’m just speculating and extrapolating based on what I heard discussed including by Silver. Pretty sure consensus is building to do something along these lines, really just a question of when it gets implemented and the exact terms.

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2018, 03:00:51 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Silver has been talking about the baseball system for awhile, like well over a year.  I believe they would modify baseball from 3 to 2 years, but at some point this change will happen, especially with players like Lebron James being very vocal about how silly they think the rule is and being a proponent of eliminating the college requirement.  So expect a 0 and 2 rule at some point in the near future (i.e. you can enter out of high school but if you go to college you have to stay at least 2 years).  I imagine this change would coincide with an expanded G League where every NBA team has its own G League team, which Silver has also been talking about for awhile.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip