Author Topic: Sully has to GO!!!!  (Read 8905 times)

Sully has to GO!!!!
« on: April 16, 2016, 10:26:51 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I am sick and tired of seeing what arguably might be the least athletic player in the entire NBA!!!  He was an embarrassment tonight!!  Absolutely HORRIBLE.  He is a disgrace to PROFESSIONALS that treat the NBA as a profession!!!

I think Danny might let him walk unless he take less than 10 million starting per year!!

Also, Jerebko is a goner!!!

Amir is 50/50% to be back or not.

I was astonished as the refs first let Milsap literally take 5 steps on his late baseline move and then one or two plays later let Horford out-hustle us for a rebound ONLY to take 4 to 5 steps BEFORE being fouled.

ASTONISHING.

Now with Bradley gone, we are DONE.

Sorry, but this series is OVER IF AB cannot play.

Smitty77

P.S.  Thanks for allowing me to VENT:-))))))))))))))))  I am beyond frustrated, as you can clearly tell!!!!

Re: Sully has to GO!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 10:29:15 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Sully was going up against millsap all night.  Not exactly an easy assignment.   The truth is without sully's rebounds we wouldn't even be here.  We lost game 1. The sky is not falling.  We outplayed them the entire second half.

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 10:33:05 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 599
You should be mad at Olynyk for not showing up instead. Had shoot like he always does, we will have more spacing and the paint will open up for guards to attack. Sully had his hands full guarding Millsap and he produced 9 pts and 6 rebounds under 20 minutes.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 10:34:53 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Sully can't stay with Millsap and can't outposition the heady Horford. It is simply a horrible match-up for him, which sucks since he is our best rebounder.

The good news is that it is a decent match-up for Amir.

All of this won't matter if Bradley is out, though.

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 10:39:15 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
You should be mad at Olynyk for not showing up instead. Had shoot like he always does, we will have more spacing and the paint will open up for guards to attack. Sully had his hands full guarding Millsap and he produced 9 pts and 6 rebounds under 20 minutes.

He had as many fouls as he did rebounds.  Give me a break!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 10:43:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Can't bring back Sullinger.

I would gladly replace him with sabonis

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 10:44:33 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

He had as many fouls as he did rebounds.  Give me a break!!!

Smitty77

Hard to guard one of the best PFs in the league. If you are asking him to become the next Ben Wallace, then you'll be disappointed. Millsap is an athletic bruiser and that's always been a bad matchup for unathletic guy like Sully in the defensive end.

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 10:45:41 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
Double post
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:01:10 PM by mr. dee »

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 11:00:18 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sully was going up against millsap all night.  Not exactly an easy assignment.   The truth is without sully's rebounds we wouldn't even be here.  We lost game 1. The sky is not falling.  We outplayed them the entire second half.

In April he has averaged a mundane  4.6 RPG.  I wonder if he is hurt, or its his usual breakdown at some point in the season.  Prior to this he was over 8 RPG.

21st on this list  for 2015-2016

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?action=post;topic=83941.0;last_msg=2068693

31st amoung C in shooting

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?season=2015&category=SHOOTING&group=1&sort=6&time=0&pos=3&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0&opp=0

28th in scoring

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?season=2015&category=SCORING&group=1&time=0&pos=3&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0&opp=0

He is the best we have at rebounding but it more because we lack quality bigs than he is a great player.  I think we could improve at this position in the off season and it would not be hard.

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 11:06:41 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
oh goody. another over reaction thread on cb.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 12:09:22 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238

In April he has averaged a mundane  4.6 RPG.  I wonder if he is hurt, or its his usual breakdown at some point in the season.  Prior to this he was over 8 RPG.

21st on this list  for 2015-2016

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?action=post;topic=83941.0;last_msg=2068693

31st amoung C in shooting

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?season=2015&category=SHOOTING&group=1&sort=6&time=0&pos=3&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0&opp=0

28th in scoring

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?season=2015&category=SCORING&group=1&time=0&pos=3&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0&opp=0

He is the best we have at rebounding but it more because we lack quality bigs than he is a great player.  I think we could improve at this position in the off season and it would not be hard.

I agree Sully is on the hotseat a bit. His energy waivers.  He hits walls during the season.  This is a really tough assignment for him round 1.  I'm still in Sully's corner though.  Maybe this will be a wake up call for him.

I am by no means all sully or nothing sort of person here.  I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt though even still.  I hope Ainge doesn't get too  impatient either.  Sully is a talented guy.  He does need to show up when it matters though.

I think the Sully hate is a bit much.  Even if we lose this series.  Hopefully it serves as a wake up call for him sooner than later.

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 12:16:34 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
You have to CHILL!!!!  ::)

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 12:19:53 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I don't blame Sully...if we had gotten a decent ref crew today---things would have been different---how many chintzy fouls they gonna call on us--?...felt like the C's were in the penalty, the minute they stepped off the plane in Atlanta....ugh.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 12:37:55 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
REALLY?

You watched this game and thought Sully was the problem with this team? He mostly guarded Millsap and Millsap was mostly contained in this game with a mediocre 14 and 7.

Want to be mad at players? How about anyone guarding Jeff Teague who made every Celtic guarding him look like they were standing still? How about anyone guarding Kent Bazemore who scored pretty much at will and seemed to get every loose ball around? How about giving some crap to Olynyk and Jerebko who were both horrible on both ends of the floor? How about our SFs going a combined 9 for 29?

There was a lot to focus on that wasn't good but I didn't see that in his limited minutes that Sully was one of those major problems, especially since he got two or three of the chinciest fouls in the game called against him. The problems were the guards allowing Teague to blow by them, not hustling for rebounds in the first half, horrid shooting from the perimeter and bad shot selection in the first half, not taking the ball inside in the first half, and just not coming prepared out of the gates.

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 12:46:02 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 393
Sully was fine. I was actually more disappointed with how passive IT was in the first half, which led to Crowder having to do things he doesn't particularly succeed at (like shot creation).

If anything, I thought it was a close game and if not for a couple of Amir turnovers or ET's last 3-point attempt (still shaking my head at that one), we would've won.

- LilRip