Author Topic: The Bold Predicitions Thread  (Read 6780 times)

Re: The Bold Predicitons Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2015, 04:17:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Sullinger, Bradley, Turner all traded before the end of the season.

The Celtics will win one playoff game in front of the Garden faithful and end up with a top ten pick from the Nets.

The Mavs will all-out tank in the second half of the season to ensure they keep their top 7 pick.

Danny will make a move on draft night to move up within the top 10 of the draft after trying but failing to do so the last two years.

Of the bigs currently on the roster, only Zeller and Mickey will be on the roster a year from now.

David Lee and Amir Johnson will each have a solid season for the Celtics, which they will use to get big 3-4 year contracts in next summer's crazy spending spree free agency.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2015, 04:20:25 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Philly win total is two digits and starts with 3.  Same for Lakers.

Indy implodes and Paul George gets traded.  Same with Chicago and Rose.

Brooklyn makes the playoffs.

Milwaukee takes a major step up and is the 2 seed in the East.

Dallas makes the playoffs.

Detroit is the worst team in the East.  Phoenix is the worst team in the West.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2015, 04:26:42 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Sullinger, Bradley, Turner all traded before the end of the season.

The Celtics will win one playoff game in front of the Garden faithful and end up with a top ten pick from the Nets.

The Mavs will all-out tank in the second half of the season to ensure they keep their top 7 pick.

Danny will make a move on draft night to move up within the top 10 of the draft after trying but failing to do so the last two years.

Of the bigs currently on the roster, only Zeller and Mickey will be on the roster a year from now.

David Lee and Amir Johnson will each have a solid season for the Celtics, which they will use to get big 3-4 year contracts in next summer's crazy spending spree free agency.

Unfortunately I agree with you about Dallas.  My only hope is Wes Mathews making a brilliant recovery along with Parson's health and William's health.  But that's too many variables and it would be such a convenient year for them to tank for a stud prior to next year's spending binge.  Anyone expecting a nice pick from Dallas should be tempering their enthusiasm...

Caveat:  If the above three remain healthy I think the rookie SF Justin Anderson is the kind of energy guy who could help Dallas remain somewhat relevant and get us a pick in the late lottery or around 17.  I just don't expect it to go that way...

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2015, 05:39:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Fascinating.

Our opinions diverge quite a bit on pretty much all of these teams, haha.

I actually like what Indy is doing, provided they don't make Paul George defend big men too often.

The Sixers will defend well and scrap for wins like they did last year, but I just don't see how they'll score enough to not end up with a win total in the low 20s. 

The Lakers are the opposite.  Just can't see how they'll defend anybody well enough, plus how do you cobble an effective offense out of so many ball-hog chuckers?

I've argued for Brooklyn being better than we all hope they'll be.  I think the playoffs are conceivable.  But that seems like a 30 win team to me. 

Dallas could make the playoffs, I guess, but I think that'd take an amazing resurgence from Deron, Dirk, and Sam Dalembert to make it happen, plus the health of Wes Matthews and Chandler Parsons.  That seems . . . unlikely.

I also think Detroit and Phoenix, while both a bit of a mess, will be a good distance above the very worst in their conferences.  Denver and Minnesota look like they'll hold down the bottom out West, and Philly has it covered in the East, unless Brook Lopez suffers a season ending injury.

The Bucks . . . I like the Bucks, but I think they're still a year or two away from ascending.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2015, 05:53:48 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Fascinating.

I actually like what Indy is doing, provided they don't make Paul George defend big men too often.

The Sixers will defend well and scrap for wins like they did last year, but I just don't see how they'll score enough to not end up with a win total in the low 20s. 

The Lakers are the opposite.  Just can't see how they'll defend anybody well enough, plus how do you cobble an effective offense out of so many ball-hog chuckers?

I've argued for Brooklyn being better than we all hope they'll be.  I think the playoffs are conceivable.  But that seems like a 30 win team to me. 

Dallas could make the playoffs, I guess, but I think that'd take an amazing resurgence from Deron, Dirk, and Sam Dalembert to make it happen, plus the health of Wes Matthews and Chandler Parsons.  That seems . . . unlikely.

I also think Detroit and Phoenix, while both a bit of a mess, will be a good distance above the very worst in their conferences.  Denver and Minnesota look like they'll hold down the bottom out West, and Philly has it covered in the East, unless Brook Lopez suffers a season ending injury.

The Bucks . . . I like the Bucks, but I think they're still a year or two away from ascending.
they are called bold predictions for a reason.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2015, 06:04:38 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Sully drops to body weight to 255 lbs......

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2015, 06:37:30 PM »

Offline viulo

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
Avery Bradley leads the Cs in scoring and shoots 39% from 3.
We do a major trade with Cleveland, getting Kevin Love in the process.
We finish with 47 wins, face Cleveland in the conference semifinals and only lose in game 7 when Love gets injured.
Brooklyn's pick is #3 (originally #7, but for once the lottery is in our favour)
A draft day trade with Indiana gets us Paul George.

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2015, 06:44:56 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I don't know what a prediciton is, but I have one prediction for tonight.

Perry Jones III goes off tonight against the Knicks, stirring up a lot of debate amongst Celtics fans.

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2015, 12:53:50 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
For anyone who reads Zach Lowe, here's his annual "Crazy Predictions" article.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/35-crazy-predictions-for-the-2015-16-nba-season/

A lot of Celtics stuff there. 16, 17, 19, 20, and 27 are the ones to check out.

His crazy predictions live up to the hype, but what I like is that he explains in good detail why he sees it that way. I disagree with some of them, but a great read as always.

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2015, 01:08:30 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Fascinating.

they are called bold predictions for a reason.

Haha, I know, and I don't mean to criticize your predictions.  I think every one of them could absolutely come true.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2015, 06:00:13 PM »

Offline Jarrin John

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 41
Avery Bradley becomes the odd man out and is traded before the all star break;

Minnesota finishes with a top 20 record and thus relinquishes their #1 pick to Celtics;

Danny Ainge appears on Shark Tank to pitch an anti-tanking formula to Mark Cuban, but Mister Wonderful makes him an offer he just can't refuse ("I'll not take your equity, Danny, I'll take a royalty deal to get my money back, plus interest, of course") and so Cuban ends up taking a pass. A less than dejected Danny notes afterward, "Well, we didn't get the deal we wanted — we really had hoped to make a deal with Mark — but we feel like we gained another asset, and so we remain poised to strike should the right opportunity come along."

The Celtics win 55 games and local talk radio declares it's because the NBA in general, and the Eastern Conference in particular, stinks. "Tell me — who have they played, Mike? Have they beaten one good team? We've learned nothing about this team yet. NOTHING."

Brad Stevens finally signs that 10 year contract extension Danny Ainge tacked on Steven's office door last Christmas.

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2015, 06:57:55 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
1 Sixers - bottom 3 (Okafor and Noel make 1 great player split across two positions)
2 Lakers - bottom 6 (Randle's OK, not great, Russell struggles)
3 Nets - bottom 10 (Worse if BL goes down)
4 Mavs - bottom 10 (0-7 preseason makes me think they'll end up tanking though)
5 Wolves - bottom 12  (We get 2 2nds)
6 Lebron - MVP
7 Cavs - EC and NBA Champs
8 Clippers or OKC - WC champs
9 Mudiay - ROY
10 SAC - Much improved, Rondo's better than last year, but not top-5

Cs
11 Rozier gets most PT among rooks, Hunter 2nd, Mickey bulks up in DLeague
12 A guard and a forward traded before the deadline
13 Smart takes a big step up
14 Cs - 50+ wins 3rd or 4th in the East
15 Cs lose to Cavs either in 2nd round or ECF