Author Topic: Do we have a chance?  (Read 9779 times)

Re: Do we have a chance?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 11:22:46 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Why because we have 17 titles and they have 0?

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 11:25:28 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1679
Why because we have 17 titles and they have 0?

And that matters this year why?

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 11:27:07 PM »

Offline kheeko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 69
Of course we do, were the Champions

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 11:27:51 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
What does matter? KG, Bird, Baby, Pierce, Ray, McHale, Ainge, Perk, House, Bird's steal, Don Nelson's bounce, even Rondo with more rebounds and assits per game this year than Lebron? It just doesn't mean anything to some people I guess.

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 11:31:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
We got the magic in 7. They needed to win the last game and now the celtics will hang on to win it in 7

Against cleveland though this year i'm really not sure. They destroyed atlanta like they were a joke and last year atlanta gave us all we could handle.

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 11:31:29 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!
There's always a chance.  I can't believe this is even a forum on "Celticsblog".  I'd hate to have some of the attitudes expressed here on a team I was on.  We'd have 10 locker room cancers already.

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 11:45:14 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1679
What does matter? KG, Bird, Baby, Pierce, Ray, McHale, Ainge, Perk, House, Bird's steal, Don Nelson's bounce, even Rondo with more rebounds and assits per game this year than Lebron? It just doesn't mean anything to some people I guess.

Haha, your train of thought is ridiculous.  Do I have an appreciation for our history?  Of course.  Do I think the fact that we have 17 titles does us any good once the ref throws the ball up?  I'm not so delusional.  I think we have a better chance than most people think, but using "we have 17, they have 0" as a supporting argument for our chances right now is absurd.

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 11:46:42 PM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!

Haha, your train of thought is ridiculous.  Do I have an appreciation for our history?  Of course.  Do I think the fact that we have 17 titles does us any good once the ref throws the ball up?  I'm not so delusional.  I think we have a better chance than most people think, but using "we have 17, they have 0" as a supporting argument for our chances right now is absurd.

Don't feed the troll.  He won't listen to reason.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 11:59:27 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Don't feed the troll.  He won't listen to reason.
While I don't think he qualifies as a troll, I agree that reason is not his strong suit.

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 12:02:30 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
To quote Proverbs, "Iron sharpens iron."

Cleveland's playoff foes--a capitulating Pistons team that absolutely lay down, and the wounded, overachieving Hawks--have been positively anemic. I wonder how the Cavs will fare against some real competition.

Conversely, the Celtics have shown a lot of nerve, guts, and hunger during these playoffs. The pundits, erroneously, talk about fatigue; I see a team that's growing more confident in themselves with each hard-fought victory.

I'm not sure how a series against Cleveland will go, but I'm more than willing to find out.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 12:06:23 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!

Cleveland's playoff foes--a capitulating Pistons team that absolutely lay down, and the wounded, overachieving Hawks--have been positively anemic. I wonder how the Cavs will fare against some real competition.

Conversely, the Celtics have shown a lot of nerve, guts, and hunger during these playoffs. The pundits, erroneously, talk about fatigue; I see a team that's growing more confident in themselves with each hard-fought victory.

I'm not sure how a series against Cleveland will go, but I'm more than willing to find out.
Amen.

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 12:06:37 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I look at it a couple of ways.

1.) We don't not have a chance. We're still playing so as the 2004 Red Sox proved, anything is possible.

2.) We have a better chance to win it than every team that currently isn't playing anymore.

3.) All things being even, Cleveland is a one trick pony team and one bad fall, one bad landing on someone else's foot, or one bad extra hard hit to his cranium that causes a concussion to LeBron, and Cleveland is history. Stranger things have happened.

I love this team no matter what and am actually starting to feel more emotionally attached to it than the 2008 version that was the sacrifice the individual for the good of the whole team. This is more of a we will overcome, we will adapt, we will persevere type club that for some reason, appeals to me so much more. Kinda like the 2001 Patriots rather than the 2003 or 2004 version of the Pats. The gritty underdogs that everyone said just can't do it against the great team. Giants fans probably know what I'm talking about.

So, even though my head says it doesn't matter if we win or not because we can't go any further than Cleveland, my heart makes me think we have an excellent chance of winning one of those improbable championships and creating a dynasty as KG returns next year and Perk, Baby, Rondo and the younger generation get the torched passed ala Havilcek and the later 60's crowd of Celtics were by Cousy and the earlier 60's crew.

It could happen!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 12:10:57 AM »

Offline HYPE.

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • There can only be one.

1.) We don't not have a chance. We're still playing so as the 2004 Red Sox proved, anything is possible.

2.) We have a better chance to win it than every team that currently isn't playing anymore.

3.) All things being even, Cleveland is a one trick pony team and one bad fall, one bad landing on someone else's foot, or one bad extra hard hit to his cranium that causes a concussion to LeBron, and Cleveland is history. Stranger things have happened.

I love this team no matter what and am actually starting to feel more emotionally attached to it than the 2008 version that was the sacrifice the individual for the good of the whole team. This is more of a we will overcome, we will adapt, we will persevere type club that for some reason, appeals to me so much more. Kinda like the 2001 Patriots rather than the 2003 or 2004 version of the Pats. The gritty underdogs that everyone said just can't do it against the great team. Giants fans probably know what I'm talking about.

So, even though my head says it doesn't matter if we win or not because we can't go any further than Cleveland, my heart makes me think we have an excellent chance of winning one of those improbable championships and creating a dynasty as KG returns next year and Perk, Baby, Rondo and the younger generation get the torched passed ala Havilcek and the later 60's crowd of Celtics were by Cousy and the earlier 60's crew.

It could happen!!!!!!
Great optimistic posts, guys! I'm glad at least some people believe. TP's for both of you.

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 12:42:45 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

It could happen!!!!!!

You verbalize a lot of what I'm feeling and didn't say, nick. TP for you.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 12:52:51 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Houseonfire,
  Shouldn't your sig be this: 34+20+43+11+9+44+50-42+8-7= #18  Having trouble with your Math. ;) Actually it was pretty cool, so I gave u a TP.

Of course we have a chance. Who's to say Lebron doesn't miss a few games with Swine Flu?