Author Topic: Lebron is the next Ginobli  (Read 4510 times)

Lebron is the next Ginobli
« on: May 09, 2008, 12:14:20 PM »

Offline bringbackcousy

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 20
Lebron is seriously becoming a hard core actor on the court. After any small amount of contact he is throwing his body or arms or head back in order to get a call that he doesn't deserve. He is basically becoming the Ginobli of the eastern conference.

It is definitley hard to see without the replays(since I was at the first two games), but when they showed some of the replays on the jumbotron it was stupid, for example the play when Lebron fell out of bounds and they called posey for pushing him out. Very fustrating.

p.s. if we are going to chant against lebron, I agree that we should not do the "over-rated" chant, but I really want to do a "crybaby" chant. Maybe instead of getting fired up to prove that he isn't overrated, e will become a man and stop being such a baby after everytime someone comes close to him.

p.s.s. his ally-oop dunk was amazing.

Re: Lebron is the next Ginobli
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 12:22:44 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
as much as it annoys me as well, if its going to be allowed in the game, you should do it.

I mean, did anyone see that stiff breeze that knocked rajon down on the three? or the sniper that hit him on the way around delonte?

when our players do it, i chuckle and go "good one rajon" but when others do it I think its lame lol. Good old green glasses  8)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 12:22:49 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
A couple of things I picked up from being there at Game 1 that you just can't truly appreciate from home (or at least I never had).

1) Lebron on the break is an amazing thing to behold.  The play where he picked he received a flagrant foul from a Celtic (I forget who), he showed so much explosiveness and agility, but the thing that really stood out to me was his size in conjunction with all that.  It really was something to see (and wasn't even the flashiest of Lebron type breaks, it just was the only time he got going full speed)

2) Ilgauskas is way much more of a string bean than I realized.
Yup

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 12:37:56 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
A couple of things I picked up from being there at Game 1 that you just can't truly appreciate from home (or at least I never had).

1) Lebron on the break is an amazing thing to behold.  The play where he picked he received a flagrant foul from a Celtic (I forget who), he showed so much explosiveness and agility, but the thing that really stood out to me was his size in conjunction with all that.  It really was something to see (and wasn't even the flashiest of Lebron type breaks, it just was the only time he got going full speed)

2) Ilgauskas is way much more of a string bean than I realized.

myt thoughts
we werent lucky Le Bron is a beast and we play flawless defense on him
even with that he shows hes an excellent scorer

Ilgausks IS cleveland second best player
and his only flaw is that he think he is better than he is
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 01:00:56 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Yeah Lebaby is ridiculous with his flopping and acting, the worst part of it is, he gets almost every single call he wants, and then has the nerve to complain when he doesn't get one call. I hate when any player flops, I hate when Rondo flops, it's not part of the game of basketball, if I can't do it in a pickup game, it's not part of the game.

Officials should go back, review the films of games, when there is a blatant flop, like Lebaby's when he jumped into the crowd, he should be assessed one personal foul per flop to start the game. I guarantee you the first time Lebaby has to start a game with 4 fouls, will be the last game he flops in, and the league will be better for it.

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 01:19:20 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Officials should go back, review the films of games, when there is a blatant flop, like Lebaby's when he jumped into the crowd, he should be assessed one personal foul per flop to start the game. I guarantee you the first time Lebaby has to start a game with 4 fouls, will be the last game he flops in, and the league will be better for it.

Or when Paul Pierce acted like he was shot at the foul line as he 'tripped' over one of the Cavs and thre himself to the ground?  Or when Rondo collapsed after not being breathed on during his 3 point attempt?  It's a two way street. 

Actually, I think it was Van Gundy who suggested a point system for players flopping.  A player would be assesed points per flop (after a review of the game), with the points racking up towards a suspension
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 01:25:12 PM by MMacOH »

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 01:27:22 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
I'm a big Lebron fan but I have to agree he's milking it a bit too much on certain occasions at this point. For those of you who didn't watch the ESPN broadcast, Van Gundy actually brought it up, in what I thought was pretty hilarious fashion. It was on the sideline foul by Posey where they bumped into each other and Lebron dove into the second row, even though he probably could have taken the slight bump and just stood his ground with no need for a foul call.

Van Gundy basically said, and this is paraphrase not quote: the problem with that call to me is, yes, it's a foul, but Lebron flopped into the crowd to make sure he got the call. To me, they should make flopping rules. First, if you flop, even if it was a foul, the foul is not called. A flop overrides a foul. Second, the league should review flopping tapes and make a point system like they do for technicals. If you get caught with a certain number of flops, you get suspended for a game. And third, if you get enough flopping points that you get suspended, when you come back, you have to wear a scarlet F on your jersey so the refs know you're a flopper.

Just thought it was a hilarious way to discuss the situation, but the first two parts of that idea I actually like. Plus, it's nice to see a national announcer, who's supposed to be praising the ground Lebron walks on, actually call him out for something annoying he does continuously.

As for chanting, honestly, I wouldn't chant anything at Lebron. Not now, not ever. We are doing a great job on him defensively and he has not figured a way to overcome it. But he has done just that enough in the past that I'd let the sleeping beast lie. He's not some weak minded punk who will be fazed by it, he's a competitor - if anything it will only make him rise to the occasion. And if I did chant at him, "overrated" is the last thing I'd say.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 01:31:31 PM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
Obvious flops should result in a technical foul. That will end it right there.

Flopping is disgraceful. Its one thing to fall down when taking a charge, but if your getting hit on the arm and you flail around and fall down...its a shame. I lose alot of respect for LBJ when he does that stuff.

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 01:32:11 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
yup no chants for me
now

Bron is perfect to replace Pierce in 5 years
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 01:38:52 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Pierce is a much worse crybaby than Lebron. Pierce often doesn't even have a shot to put up but just runs into a double team trying to force a foul and than complains to the refs. Lebron is far more composed.

I am in no way anti-Pierce. I am a big Pierce supporter. I'm just not a hypocrite.

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 01:41:11 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Van Gundy basically said, and this is paraphrase not quote: the problem with that call to me is, yes, it's a foul, but Lebron flopped into the crowd to make sure he got the call. To me, they should make flopping rules. First, if you flop, even if it was a foul, the foul is not called. A flop overrides a foul. Second, the league should review flopping tapes and make a point system like they do for technicals. If you get caught with a certain number of flops, you get suspended for a game. And third, if you get enough flopping points that you get suspended, when you come back, you have to wear a scarlet F on your jersey so the refs know you're a flopper.

I'll go along with those ideas, up until the scarlet F part.  Physically labeling someone as anything just brings up images of concentration camps and what not for me. Doesn't seem right.  Sex offenders maybe.  "Floppers" engaging in sport?  Please NO.
Yup

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 01:52:54 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Pierce is a much worse crybaby than Lebron. Pierce often doesn't even have a shot to put up but just runs into a double team trying to force a foul and than complains to the refs. Lebron is far more composed.

I am in no way anti-Pierce. I am a big Pierce supporter. I'm just not a hypocrite.

right, but running into contact to try to draw a foul isn't flopping, its good basketball.

Acting like a sniper in the third row put one through your temple when there hasen't even been contact is slightly diffrent  ::).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 01:59:04 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 02:00:43 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Yup

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 02:08:36 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Lessons in drama for Lebron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnfflRNpwKA

I'd give you a thousand TP's if I could Redz. Nice! I forgot how much I used to love watching Sanford and Son with my dad...

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Lessons in drama for Lebron

I'd give you a thousand TP's if I could Redz. Nice! I forgot how much I used to love watching Sanford and Son with my dad...

I couldn't find any video of "the big one" with the real audio, but it was a great shtick.  And ironic in the end.  Redd was one funny dude - and raunchier than anything in his standup routines.
Yup