Author Topic: Kept home court, good. Time to prove again that Celtics can win on the road.  (Read 1612 times)

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Game 3 and 4.

One of those needs to be a win.  Celtics need to show that they can win on the road in the playoffs. 

But just 1. 

A sweep would be nice, but not necessary. 

The good news, the Celtics will have nothing to do but here all the national media guys saying 'the Celtics have to prove they can win on the road'.   'Lebron came back from an 0-2 start to the pistons, he can do it to the Celtics'

We all know how well this team can perform when motivated.  (Something that did not happen on the road in Atlanta)

Offline EnP24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 9
Great post TP for bringing this up.

That being said that "fire" that will be built up until tomorrow night needs to translate onto the court and the Celts need to take it to the Cavs right away and "NEVER LET UP!" haha

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I think game 3 is really, really big for the CELTICS.  Here is what I would say if I was Doc..... Guys this is our biggest game of the season. We still have not yet won a game on the road.  Let's end that tonight. You win game 3 and you end up playing a pressure free game 4 knowing that if we win game 4 you move one step closer to the prize. Now fellas let's go out there and have some fun.  No better yet lets go out there and finish these guys season tonight. It's not going to be easy, but he can be done and it will get done if we plays as a team. Ok let's bring it in!!!One,Two,Three "UBUNTU"

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
This thought began running through my head about mid-way through the 3rd quarter.

The Celts have to - repeat have to - win one game in Cleveland and win it in a convincing manner (not talking 20, but some sort of reasonable cushion). 

If they do win game three, I think it sends a strong message to the other teams and really, that's what they need to do for the other teams, the Boston fans and most importantly for themselves.
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.