Author Topic: The 2020 Historical Draft - 2000's edition. Nothing else to do? Join up!!  (Read 25848 times)

Re: The 2020 Historical Draft - 2000's edition. Anyone interested?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 02:32:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Even though it’s not my favorite era, put me down for a team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: The 2020 Historical Draft - 2010's edition. Anyone interested?
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 02:37:47 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
A start around 7PM EST works for me. That way everything is finished up around 10:30 to 11, depending on the amount of participants.
Ugh, I hate time zone differences.

7 pm EST is 2 am in Greece. If we finish around 10:30 to 11, I'd have to stay up till 5:30 to 6 in the morning! I guess I could do it for 1 night, but not for several nights in a row.

Is there a way we could find a time that works for everybody? I mean, we have posters from all over the world (Europe, Asia, Australia, you name it).
Everyone should post the best time for them in this thread. I am good to run it during any of the time frames mentioned in the OP.

I will make the time that's best for the majority of the posters. If it's inconvenient for you, what we do is you provide me with your drafting list for the day, sometime before the day's draft, and I will make the selections for you.

Example: You have the fifth pick in the 1st round but can't make the pick yourself. Since you are picking fifth send me a list of 5 players in order of preference that you would want. So you send me

1. Giannis
2. LeBron
3. Durant
4. Kawhi
5. Steph Curry

Depending which of these guys are still available, I will make that pick for you.
Yeah, that sounds great.

I'm just starting to realize what you had said in the other thread regarding moderating:

I don't think you guys know just how much work, time and aggravation it takes to run and moderate a game like this

I'm not gonna spam the thread with other questions. Thank you Nick for taking the time to organize the whole thing! TP! :)

If you are interested in playing, please post that you are below and let me know which time slot works best for you morning(9-12ish), afternoon(1-4ish) or night(7-10ish) in the EST zone.

Anything but night EST works for me. Preferably morning EST, but beggars can't be choosers.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 02:50:11 PM by Jvalin »

Re: The 2020 Historical Draft - 2010's edition. Anyone interested?
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 02:39:33 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
A start around 7PM EST works for me. That way everything is finished up around 10:30 to 11, depending on the amount of participants.
Ugh, I hate time zone differences.

7 pm EST is 2 am in Greece. If we finish around 10:30 to 11, I'd have to stay up till 5:30 to 6 in the morning! I guess I could do it for 1 night, but not for several nights in a row.

Is there a way we could find a time that works for everybody? I mean, we have posters from all over the world (Europe, Asia, Australia, you name it).
Everyone should post the best time for them in this thread. I am good to run it during any of the time frames mentioned in the OP.

I will make the time that's best for the majority of the posters. If it's inconvenient for you, what we do is you provide me with your drafting list for the day, sometime before the day's draft, and I will make the selections for you.

Example: You have the fifth pick in the 1st round but can't make the pick yourself. Since you are picking fifth send me a list of 5 players in order of preference that you would want. So you send me

1. Giannis
2. LeBron
3. Durant
4. Kawhi
5. Steph Curry

Depending which of these guys are still available, I will make that pick for you.
Yeah, that sounds great. Anyway, I'm just starting to realize what you said yesterday regarding moderating.

I don't think you guys know just how much work, time and aggravation it takes to run and moderate a game like this

I'm not gonna spam the thread with other questions. Thank you for taking the time to organize the whole thing! TP! :)

If you are interested in playing, please post that you are below and let me know which time slot works best for you morning(9-12ish), afternoon(1-4ish) or night(7-10ish) in the EST zone.

Anything but night EST works for me. Preferably morning EST, but beggars can't be choosers.
Morning EST works for me as well, I'm half a day ahead of EST.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 03:20:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
By all means Jvalin, ask as many questions as you want. Being a newbie to this, I am sure you have lots of questions.

Here is the draft thread from last year. The OP has a full set of rules, so scroll down some. The entire OP will give you some idea of everything that happens including the draft board, the rules, team rosters, list of trades and list of announcements. I keep the OP up to date in real time so everyone can access all the information.

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=101202.0

Little advice. Set up your own draft board in an Excel spreadsheet. That way you can cross off available players and you can be prepared when your time to pick comes around.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 05:07:28 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 06:15:37 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
By all means Jvalin, ask as many questions as you want. Being a newbie to this, I am sure you have lots of questions.

Here is the draft thread from last year. The OP has a full set of rules, so scroll down some. The entire OP will give you some idea of everything that happens including the draft board, the rules, team rosters, list of trades and list of announcements. I keep the OP up to date in real time so everyone can access all the information.

Little advice. Set up your own draft board in an Excel spreadsheet. That way you can cross off available players and you can be prepared when your time to pick comes around.
Thanks again Nick! I've already done some homework. I guess it's gonna be less challenging this time (compared to the all-time draft) cause we 've all seen the majority of the players with our own eyes.

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 06:37:56 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
So are we gonna aim for the same amount of players we had last year, 12?
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2020, 06:43:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
If we end up with 10, I think we will be a go. Would like to get as many players as possible.

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2020, 09:58:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If we end up with 10, I think we will be a go. Would like to get as many players as possible.
For sure. I feel that over the next few days as people check in for their basketball fix (whatever that may be in this scenario) they will want to play for sure.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2020, 10:53:42 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

:o I used Word lol, excel isn't great if you want to write scouting reports (at least for a guy who doesn't know how to use fancy stuff with spreadsheet software :laugh:). But yeah write a list of players for your own draft board!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2020, 11:10:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

:o I used Word lol, excel isn't great if you want to write scouting reports (at least for a guy who doesn't know how to use fancy stuff with spreadsheet software :laugh:). But yeah write a list of players for your own draft board!
I used Excel because as a player, I kept a draft board because sometimes the draft board in the thread wasn't up to date and the team rosters took a while to get published. So I kept track of everything there.

Since the same sheet also had my player rankings on talent tiers, as well as talent by position, it was easy to just move the players off my lists and into the draftboard once selected. I also had team rosters there so I could keep track of who drafted who, so if I wanted to make trades, it was easier to see what the other team had to offer.

I use the same spread now when commissioning and it makes it lightning fast to keep the OP updated in real time for everyone.

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2020, 11:12:44 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

I used Excel because as a player, I kept a draft board because sometimes the draft board in the thread wasn't up to date and the team rosters took a while to get published. So I kept track of everything there.

Since the same sheet also had my player rankings on talent tiers, as well as talent by position, it was easy to just move the players off my lists and into the draftboard once selected. I also had team rosters there so I could keep track of who drafted who, so if I wanted to make trades, it was easier to see what the other team had to offer.

I use the same spread now when commissioning and it makes it lightning fast to keep the OP updated in real time for everyone.
Ah I see, it makes sense.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I'll join. Always enjoy these fantasy drafts.

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I'm interested.   My school is likely about to be closed for a while and there is only so much time you put into creating online lessons.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Good to see some OG Celticsblog Draft guys deciding to play. This should be lots of fun.😄

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Already getting my draft board ready. Have about 50 players so far.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum