Author Topic: What do you expect from the trip to Washington  (Read 6109 times)

Re: What do you expect from the trip to Washington
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2017, 10:24:59 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I expect to win every game. Anywhere, any time. Not really tuning my expectations for these particular ones.

8) 8) 8)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2017, 10:57:50 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
It's very hard for me to see a sweep, but I certainly do think we'll get one of the two games, probably game 3.

Just like last series, it seems that at times we start off much more focused on the road than at home, which will be crucial to winning in Washington. We can't expect to get down big early and come back in Washington. We have to play our best right from the get-go, otherwise they'll blow us out. Luckily, we should have one of Smart or Jaylen starting next game, so we won't be handicapped from the get-go like the last two games.

All that being said, I can just as easily see a 20 point loss as a convincing win for the C's. That's just the volatile nature of these two teams.
The poor starts have been a big area of concern. At home with the crowd, you can muster a comeback. It gets a lot harder to do that on the road. Washington is a very good home team. Fall down by 16 there and it might be a loooong night.

Game 3 is key imo. Win game 3 and you basically break their back.

Not sure my heart will survive more games like last night lol.

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2017, 11:01:39 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
we get blown out in game 3 and win a close one in game 4.

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2017, 11:27:38 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I don't know if Stevens is still "tinkering." Six playoff wins in a row? Pretty fancy schmancy numbers I'd say.

Seems like he's stumbled onto the Wizards weakness....they simply don't have enough guys. Wall+ Beal = 94 minutes last night. Yo Scott?! You got any other guys that can play pro ball?

Wiz bench -- 64 minutes
C's bench -- 97 minutes (ok,ok I know Amir only played 298 seconds, but he DID start)

Can a bench win a playoff series? I don't know, but, seems like they tryin' like heck.

I'm gonna head over to the ---- closet and I'm gonna open the door and I'm gonna get out the...? Triboy already took the broom out.

Rozier R-O-Y even though he isn't and if they do broom it? Thomas can stay down in DC and move into the White house.

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2017, 11:54:54 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
I don't know if Stevens is still "tinkering." Six playoff wins in a row? Pretty fancy schmancy numbers I'd say.

Seems like he's stumbled onto the Wizards weakness....they simply don't have enough guys. Wall+ Beal = 94 minutes last night. Yo Scott?! You got any other guys that can play pro ball?

Wiz bench -- 64 minutes
C's bench -- 97 minutes (ok,ok I know Amir only played 298 seconds, but he DID start)

Can a bench win a playoff series? I don't know, but, seems like they tryin' like heck.

I'm gonna head over to the ---- closet and I'm gonna open the door and I'm gonna get out the...? Triboy already took the broom out.

Rozier R-O-Y even though he isn't and if they do broom it? Thomas can stay down in DC and move into the White house.

Crazy thing is, Cleveland is pretty much the same way with Lebron. In order for them to win, he has to play huge minutes. They crater points when he sits.

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2017, 11:55:35 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I expect that the Celtics will lose game 3 by around 10 points and win a tough game 4 by a very small cushion, in a scenario where this decisive game could go either way.

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2017, 12:03:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
to visit the Smithsonian and eat excellent pizza in Georgetown.

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2017, 12:04:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
to visit the Smithsonian and eat excellent pizza in Georgetown.

Georgetown isn't where I'd go for pizza.

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2017, 12:13:53 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I expect a flagrant 2 foul from Morris, or a flat out ejection. Dude is coming apart at the seams... when he's not on the bench with fouls, he's looking for trouble on the floor.

With the C's bench playing well, Morris is hurting his team with his bullying attitude, forcing Washington to go to their weak bench.

Realistically....C's need to take one in Washington, and head home 3-1.

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2017, 12:25:00 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Considering we are the best road team in the East and we just won 3 road games in Chicago, anything is possible.

Where are they going to find a bench in a day? Benches usually play better at home. Wall may have to go the distance just to have a chance.

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2017, 12:28:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think we take a close Game 3, then the Wiz completely fold in Game 4.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2017, 01:39:39 PM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48

Just like last series, it seems that at times we start off much more focused on the road than at home, which will be crucial to winning in Washington.

Reminding me of the 8 points 1st quarter in DC this season :D

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2017, 01:40:52 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Well..if the C's can get off to a good start in game 3 it would be nice.

Wiz will be fired up. Have to survive their best punch. Win game three and the series is over.

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2017, 02:15:17 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
"Playoffs don't start until you win on the road"

Game 3 is a must-win game for the Celtics. Get it doneeeee!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2017, 02:22:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I don't know that he isn't. I mean, Amir starts, then is a DNP, then Green starts, then he's a DNP... doesn't sound like we've conclusively established what works best.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."