Author Topic: The Celtics still need a Center  (Read 6104 times)

Re: The Celtics still need a Center
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2014, 12:19:56 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I'd trade Rondo and a pick or 2 for Drummond.

Detroit has some major issues and we could help each other out. Maybe we have to take back Smith (personally I'm fine with), maybe the send us Monroe instead of Drummond? I don't really care but they should be considered our number one trade partner IMO.

If we got Drummond and gave up Rondo, than we just go young and long term, right now as is we seem in limbo.

that's actually a risk I would like...Drummond has perennial all-star potential in my honest opinion...beast on the glass defensively and offensively

can block shots...

offense is limited but I believe he has potential to improve even more. If Rondo bolts or if we go full rebuilt and decide to build around Smart, I think Drummond is a good start

sounds great but.... why on earth would SVG ever trade Drummond for Rondo? because he and Smith are buddies? he wants to trade Smith, not Drummond.

guys like Drummond don't get dealt for pennies on the dollar.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2014, 12:34:36 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
We would have to overpay for Drummond.  Rondo, Sullinger, Young, future picks, take on bad contracts, whatever it takes .

That being said, if we can't get DeAndre Jordan, I would do it.  Smart and Drummond together would be really good. 

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2014, 12:37:42 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Colton "don't call me Allen" Iverson!!!
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2014, 12:47:24 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Could we use the TPE to get Gortat, and package it with a couple of draft picks?  Do a sign and trade??

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2014, 12:55:15 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Could we use the TPE to get Gortat, and package it with a couple of draft picks?  Do a sign and trade??

Yes, this is my preferred option.

A bonus side that might help too, is that without Gortat, their PF talent and depth takes a big hit. And more importantly, by getting Gortat off their hands they themselves should be under enough of the salary cap (if I did my math right) to absorb someone like Brandon Bass themselves, a player that they should want on their team in my opinion.

So the idea here is convincing Washington to play ball on a trade, and I think getting Bass for their troubles, which is an expiring deal, should be a good enough incentive.

Heck, we could trade Bass for Gortat and not use the trade exception... it'll all depend on Gortat's starting salary.

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2014, 01:02:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Colton "don't call me Allen" Iverson!!!

Worse case I think iverson will provide enough as a starting the way ezeli provided for gsw warriors in his rookie year. Worse case unlike some of the centers we had before iverson will be tough as nails and bruise up his opponents.

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2014, 01:04:44 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I want Iverson to stay abroad were he will get regular minutes until Joel Anthony's contract expires and until the team has a better grasp on how much Faverani has to offer. Next summer, 2015, will be ideal for Iverson to come over.

Now, this summer, I think is premature.

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2014, 01:06:38 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
I want Iverson to stay abroad were he will get regular minutes until Joel Anthony's contract expires and until the team has a better grasp on how much Faverani has to offer. Next summer, 2015, will be ideal for Iverson to come over.

Now, this summer, I think is premature.

Beyond me how we let Asik go for virtually nothing smh