Author Topic: You know what is incredibly awesome? KGs back to train the youngsters  (Read 6093 times)

Re: You know what is incredibly awesome? KGs back to train the youngsters
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 01:04:34 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
IDK about these youngs guys any more. Melo is seriously scared on offence, its like he don't want to touch the ball because he don't want to embarrass himself. every time he is in great position to get a pass and score he scoots away from the goal so the person with the ball will not pass it to him. i know this is what he does because when i took a year break form b ball and tried to come back my offense was horrible and i would try to disappear in offence.

Idk how KG is going to convince this kid to get confidence to bang in the post rather than spot up jumpers, but its needed.

Yall do realize every "big" we have are shooters right? Even the summer league bigs are shooters. Brackins brook my heart because he would stand around the 3pt lane waiting for the open 3. He missed just about all of them, but that didn't stop him.

On the other hand we have sully...He reminds me of PP. Idk if you guys realized but PP is not look like he carries solid muscle lol. Although, sully looks like he has chunky fat just like PP he crams in the post and draws fouls. Don't get me wrong drawing fouls is great but most of his points were him tossing the ball in the air and it luckily going in. I wanted to see him prove he has nasty low post "moves" and when it drops in for the and 1 it looks like skill rather than a toss up. Not to mention he is immature as heck! He demands the ball in the post even when he is clearly getting out muscled. If he don't get the ball he throws tantrums. I have never seen a rookie complain to the refs as much as he did! One game he got so upset he wasn't getting the ball he got the defense rebound and ran the ball down the court and tried to score. He ended up getting blocked 0_o

IDK what you guys are so excited about I for one am very nervous about this year. Bass not all that good ( so what he can hit an open jumper) his in the NBA he better hit an open mid range jumper! he got 0 low post moves and cannot move with the ball watsoever. He honestly looked just as lost as melo does when he gets the ball and hes not wide open. IDK much about Lee and I can care less about JET until i see that he is excited to play for Boston. For all i know he can be Odom last year.

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 01:08:32 PM »

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
Keep in mind all the stories that came out last season about JJJ absorbing every lesson that KG would teach.  Ryan Hollins, too, seems like KG's little lapdog.  It's good for KG to mentor someone, but the player still needs to be able to execute.
and enough with the mentoring crap. They been here for 5 years and no rookie has been "mentored" yet. Rondo and AB cannot be compared to anyone! they have formed their own shells. oh yeah and rondo still struggles shooting, you would think he would be hitting shots all day with ray and pp "mentoring" him.

Also like the poster said JJJ was unimpressive. I was really hurt because i thought KG "mentored" him so i thought he would be a beast...but no...

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 01:41:38 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Keep in mind all the stories that came out last season about JJJ absorbing every lesson that KG would teach.  Ryan Hollins, too, seems like KG's little lapdog.  It's good for KG to mentor someone, but the player still needs to be able to execute.
and enough with the mentoring crap. They been here for 5 years and no rookie has been "mentored" yet. Rondo and AB cannot be compared to anyone! they have formed their own shells. oh yeah and rondo still struggles shooting, you would think he would be hitting shots all day with ray and pp "mentoring" him.

Also like the poster said JJJ was unimpressive. I was really hurt because i thought KG "mentored" him so i thought he would be a beast...but no...

You can't 'mentor' someone to be more then what he is capable of. Just because someone is mentored by KG does not mean all of a sudden he is going to acquire KG's talents,

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 01:51:12 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Keep in mind all the stories that came out last season about JJJ absorbing every lesson that KG would teach.  Ryan Hollins, too, seems like KG's little lapdog.  It's good for KG to mentor someone, but the player still needs to be able to execute.

First, I do think he mentored young players. 

Perk went from a questionable starter to one of the better post defenders in the NBA under the tutelage of KG.  Powe and BBD also made huge strides for second round picks with KG around. 

On top of that, we also saw Stiemsma break onto the scene last year here.  He went from someone who no one was interested in, to a guy getting 3 million from the Wolves. 

And for all the bashing Ryan Hollins is getting now, when he came here he went from a soft, disinterested player, to a player who was busting his butt on the defensive end and actually earning some PT over Stiemsma during the playoffs.  And he parlayed that into a contract offer from the Clips. 

While it's true that KG isn't turning these guys into Dwight Howard, I think he's certainly had a role in helping these guys on their way. 

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 04:54:21 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Plenty of youngsters to carry KG's bags and prevent him from pulling a muscle lifting a suitcase.

This.

I hope Joseph is polishing his PBJ making skills.

The Celtics pay people to do that.