Author Topic: So What Next ? ? ?  (Read 6099 times)

So What Next ? ? ?
« on: December 11, 2011, 06:26:56 PM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
So whats next ?  I am really getting sick of this.  So far we made Rondo feal like he was not wanted. Now we make JO feal unwanted.  Whats next ?  Is there players available that want to be here.  Josh Smith,  Al Jefferson maybe ?  Is this going to be the roster ?

Re: So What Next ? ? ?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 06:35:08 PM »

Offline HUD4

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 1
If there was a way to get Smith, I'd do it. Smith and Rondo are best friends, all the way back to their AAU days, even said he'd like to play in Boston. Smith even slimmed down to be able to play BOTH 3 and 4 this year. Hell he'd be a better 3 than Green maybe? Perfect running mate for Rondo. I don't know how it could happen but it'd be nice...

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 06:38:15 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
NBA implosion.  Not everyone can play in Miami, LA and NYC or play with Bron Bron, CP or Howard.

However, every Celtic fan knew going into the Big 3 that this was eventually the outcome as does all Angel fans know that the last 3 years of the Pujols deal will be horrible as well.  The Celtics and Boston are not a prime location for a young player and with the Big 3 not retired yet, the Celtics lack the cap space to build a team that a CP or Howard could look at and change their ridiculous stance of only playing in LA or NYC.

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 06:38:48 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
So whats next ?  I am really getting sick of this.  So far we made Rondo feal like he was not wanted. Now we make JO feal unwanted.  Whats next ?  Is there players available that want to be here.  Josh Smith,  Al Jefferson maybe ?  Is this going to be the roster ?
I'm wondering the same thing. I want to hear and see more rumors and signings. It seems like everyone took Sunday off....I guess Danny has got to get some sleep after all this trade talk.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 06:41:24 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
What is next, we need a big.

I hear that Marreese Speights is on the block. Can we use the trade exception we got from the Quisy deal last year to get him and clear cap room for Philly after their Thad Young deal?

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 06:45:30 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
What's next is we add another piece or two, and we try to win some basketball games.  And if another opportunity presents itself to make a big move that improves the team, you be prepared.

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 06:50:11 PM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

I would love to see to Big Al in Boston again, he´s an all star, this would be genial.

Big Al is very very player.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 06:52:53 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
We have two roster spots left, and the $ 3 mm mle. Hopefully we can get one more big and hopefully a guy that can fill it up off the bench. I wouldn't be surprised if we waited until after all the amnesty cuts to use our mle.

In order for us to be good this season, we need good health. In order for us to be very good we need Rondo and green to confine their progression. If we are to be great we need a breakout season from moore, bradley, jjj, bass, wilcox or daniels.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 06:59:15 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
go forward with more or less what we have now, win around 2/3 of our games, get a top 4 seed in the east (probably), win a tough playoff series against a feisty young team (e.g. pacers, sixers), then lose a proud, hard-fought series against a team that is simply  more talented (e.g. heat, bulls).  after that, pick the last remaining team that you can stomach and hope to heck they win it all and not miami / LA.

that's your outlook for the season barring some sort of crazy out-of-nowhere move by danny.  which is always in play, but as we've seen in the past few days, usually what seems too good to be true is too good to be true.  danny isn't actually 10x smarter than all of the other GMs.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 07:04:49 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
you all might be right that the celtics needs another big man in the middle.

but as i look back at the playoff exits by the celtics the past few years, it seemed what the team lacked was a good scorer off the bench. their defense was good enough to win, but the other teams shut boston's offense down too often.

that is why i was excited over west. he would have provided the scoring needed to push the celtics to the top this year.

but that is not to be.

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 07:13:27 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
you all might be right that the celtics needs another big man in the middle.

but as i look back at the playoff exits by the celtics the past few years, it seemed what the team lacked was a good scorer off the bench. their defense was good enough to win, but the other teams shut boston's offense down too often.

that is why i was excited over west. he would have provided the scoring needed to push the celtics to the top this year.

but that is not to be.

what the celtics have severely lacked is

a) a player who can create his own offense
b) a player who can score inside

what made the acquisition of west so exciting is that he can fill both of those big needs, especially the second one.  the celtics need a post scorer in the worst way to provide consistent offense when the legs get tired and the jumpshots stop falling.  adding a streaky shooter (e.g. JR Smith, Crawford etc) is a nice idea, but I don't think it would solve the real problem the Celtics have offensively.

the reason the celtics leaned so much on glen davis last year is because he was the only guy they had who could, at least to some degree, take it inside and get himself points down low.  he wasn't a very good low post option, but he was the only one they had, and late in games when the jumpshots weren't falling (as they often didn't when the old guys got tired), they gave the ball to glen and hoped he could make something happen. to truly contend this year, the celtics need somebody who can fill that role, but much more reliably and with greater efficiency.

in short, the celtics need a player who can keep scoring even when the outside shooters are not having any success.  they don't, in my opinion, really need another guy who can take a lot of jumpshots.  the team has plenty of shooters.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 07:25:17 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
What is next, we need a big.

I hear that Marreese Speights is on the block. Can we use the trade exception we got from the Quisy deal last year to get him and clear cap room for Philly after their Thad Young deal?

We used the Daniels exception to trade for Dooling.
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 07:28:09 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
Maybe Al Jefferson needs a change of scenery.....

Police: Al Jefferson's girlfriend bit him

The live-in girlfriend of Utah Jazz center Al Jefferson was arrested in a domestic dispute after authorities say she bit the 6-foot-10, 265-pound player.

Shirley Lewis was booked into Salt Lake County jail late Thursday, records show. She was later released.

Prosecutors were reviewing possible separate charges against Jefferson, Cottonwood Heights police Sgt. Dan Bartlett said Friday.

Jefferson, 26, and Lewis, 38, were having an argument at about 8:45 p.m. Thursday "when she hit him and bit him on the back" in front of her two children, according to a police report. It offered no other details.

Lewis, who was described in jail records as 5-foot-7 and 170 pounds, was booked on one charge of domestic assault and one charge of domestic violence in the presence of a child, both misdemeanors.

It wasn't clear if Lewis had an attorney. A message left at a phone number listed under her name was not immediately returned.

At the opening of Jazz training camp Friday, Jefferson waved off the incident as personal and said he was focused on basketball.

Asked about his teammates' reaction, he said, "Teammates is like family. Family is always going to be with you through thick and thin." He declined to take any more questions about the matter.

"It's a fun day," he said. "We got basketball back."

Jazz spokeswoman Linda Luchetti said the team had no information about the incident.

"It's a personal issue regarding a player, and our focus is on basketball. We don't comment on players' personal lives," she said.

Jefferson started all 82 games last season and led the team in scoring with 18.6 points a game. He was due to show up for the opening of Jazz training camp Friday afternoon.

Police said they responded to a call from Jefferson's mansion in the Salt Lake suburb of Cottonwood Heights. Bartlett wouldn't reveal who made the call but said police officers are obligated under Utah law to make at least one arrest in a domestic dispute that turns physical.

Cottonwood Heights prosecutor Mark Eddy didn't return a message Friday.
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »

Offline DinTN

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Maybe Al Jefferson needs a change of scenery.....

Police: Al Jefferson's girlfriend bit him

The live-in girlfriend of Utah Jazz center Al Jefferson was arrested in a domestic dispute after authorities say she bit the 6-foot-10, 265-pound player.

Shirley Lewis was booked into Salt Lake County jail late Thursday, records show. She was later released.

Prosecutors were reviewing possible separate charges against Jefferson, Cottonwood Heights police Sgt. Dan Bartlett said Friday.

Jefferson, 26, and Lewis, 38, were having an argument at about 8:45 p.m. Thursday "when she hit him and bit him on the back" in front of her two children, according to a police report. It offered no other details.

Lewis, who was described in jail records as 5-foot-7 and 170 pounds, was booked on one charge of domestic assault and one charge of domestic violence in the presence of a child, both misdemeanors.

It wasn't clear if Lewis had an attorney. A message left at a phone number listed under her name was not immediately returned.

At the opening of Jazz training camp Friday, Jefferson waved off the incident as personal and said he was focused on basketball.

Asked about his teammates' reaction, he said, "Teammates is like family. Family is always going to be with you through thick and thin." He declined to take any more questions about the matter.

"It's a fun day," he said. "We got basketball back."

Jazz spokeswoman Linda Luchetti said the team had no information about the incident.

"It's a personal issue regarding a player, and our focus is on basketball. We don't comment on players' personal lives," she said.

Jefferson started all 82 games last season and led the team in scoring with 18.6 points a game. He was due to show up for the opening of Jazz training camp Friday afternoon.

Police said they responded to a call from Jefferson's mansion in the Salt Lake suburb of Cottonwood Heights. Bartlett wouldn't reveal who made the call but said police officers are obligated under Utah law to make at least one arrest in a domestic dispute that turns physical.

Cottonwood Heights prosecutor Mark Eddy didn't return a message Friday.

At least a change of girlfriend... ;D

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 07:40:30 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
You know, I was thinking. The Bulls did just fine with Bill Cartwright in the middle. Guy couldn't get off the ground. And he played in a time when there were actual ceters playing that he need to defend.

And yes I know MJ was on that team, and it is kinda different. But I think bring in one more solid center. Some one that defends alright, and maybe a nice little mid range shot Things wont be too bad.

I'd be more worried about a back up for Ray. Need more shooting from the out side on the bench. Dany needs to toss soem money to who ever has JR SMith. Or if Crawford is still up for grabs. Toss him some.