Author Topic: Game 5 Refs.......WHAT-?  (Read 6093 times)

Re: Game 5 Refs.......WHAT-?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 05:16:32 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
My opinion is Joe Crawford is the worst in the league ! He has a noticable hard on for Perkins and Wallace ! Thanks NBA !

Tommy Heinsohn, who hates all refs, says Joe Crawford is one of the best in the league.

When did he say that? I've never heard Tommy say it ... do you have a link? I've heard him speak about Joey Crawford many times, but it was never positive.

A blurb of Tommy's from FOX Sports: "But at least he's a step up from that Joey Crawford. Awww, come on... don't even get me started on that guy!!! Bing Bang Tommy Point!" (1:25 PM Dec 10th, 2009 via web)

It was on the Dennis and Callahan show a couple of weeks ago. Here is the exact question and Tommy's answer:

Give us your best Joey Crawford story?

He’s as good as they get right now so I’m not going to go after Joey Crawford. He was carrying two guys last night in my opinion. The other guy, Tom Washington, I don’t know why they put him on the floor. He never blows his whistle.

And here is the link: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2010/05/27/heinsohn-on-dc-howard-getting-away-with-flagrants/

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 05:49:46 PM »

Offline christuffa

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 70
  • The Sniper
If the C's play the game right they can avoid ref trouble. Just gotta not make it look like you fouled in any way, as we saw with a call on Ray while KB was shooting the 3 in the 4th Q of game 4. He touched his hand on the follow through, but the refs called it, crazy, but he could have avoided it.

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 06:24:22 PM »

Offline FreeGreen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 19
if they're cycling crews, does that mean a potential Game 7 would be reffed by Bill Kennedy?

Ouch.

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 06:26:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
Joe Crawford, watch this guy ruin both teams momentum continuously during the game. If Perk is going to go because of a technical it will be today. Crawford will sucker him into a fight. If Crawford acts up Doc should engage him early in the game. We need Perk more than Doc. Bynum will be hurting soon enough if Perk works him over within limits. Will Joey let him?

I'm not sure about that. Remember when Doc got tossed during the season and Thibs refused to make a substitution the rest of the game, burning out the starters and costing us the game?

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 06:30:05 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
If the Celtics play well enough, the refs won't matter.

Some of the posts I've read recently make it seem as if the refs all but stole two games from the Celtics when we all know that is not the case.  The Celtics starters haven't played very well over the last four games.  There've been good games here and there for each of them, but the two Ls are because the Cs didn't play well -- plain and simple.

Now, I fully understand that a "closely called" game negatively affects the Celtics, whereas a non closely called game (which is traditionally how games are called in the playoffs, except for this series so far) is a benefit to the Celtics.

But there is a ton of revisionist history going on if we think we can pin the two Ls on the refs. 
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 06:48:10 PM »

Offline bmxgitch

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
OK  how about this - how long into the game will it be before Joe Crawford lights up a T ?

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 06:59:00 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
Joey Crawford was NOT the problem in Game 1....it was Derrick Stafford, who did all of the ticky tack whistle blowing....keep an eye on him tonight.

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 07:08:23 PM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
No need to worry. They will lwt them play tonight. So far my prediction is half way right with game 4 being called like a playoff game should be called. But I can tell you game six will not be good for our collective blood pressure.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2010, 07:11:45 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 07:17:22 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
No need to worry. They will lwt them play tonight. So far my prediction is half way right with game 4 being called like a playoff game should be called. But I can tell you game six will not be good for our collective blood pressure.
I hope you're right.
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?