Author Topic: Game 5 Refs.......WHAT-?  (Read 6093 times)

Game 5 Refs.......WHAT-?
« on: June 13, 2010, 01:35:42 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
Just read on RealGM : Joe Crawford.....Mike Callahan.......Derrick Stafford

Really Stern?...The same guys who RUINED Game 1....Stafford (all by himself)sent Ray Allen to the bench for the entire game...C'mon, they have got to be kidding.

Re: Game 5 Refs.......WHAT-?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 01:47:48 PM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
Joe Crawford, watch this guy ruin both teams momentum continuously during the game. If Perk is going to go because of a technical it will be today. Crawford will sucker him into a fight. If Crawford acts up Doc should engage him early in the game. We need Perk more than Doc. Bynum will be hurting soon enough if Perk works him over within limits. Will Joey let him?

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 01:57:12 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The biggest danger is Perk or Sheed getting another tech and having to sit out Game 6.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 01:57:27 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
At this point I don't understand why people care who the officials are.  They all suck and they're all gonna call us for doing nothing.  If you haven't already learned this from the regular season then you missed 82 games.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 02:06:15 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
At this point I don't understand why people care who the officials are.  They all suck and they're all gonna call us for doing nothing.  If you haven't already learned this from the regular season then you missed 82 games.

But this crew in particular set the tone for the first 3 games--by calling it WAAAY too tight---we finally got a decent reffed game last time....I'd settle for Bavetta right now.

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 02:57:37 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I think many of you know that I am not one to get caught up in blaming refs, but refs do call games differently. This in itself is not a problem, but when you have 2 guys 1 tech away from missing a game, a ref that is quick to call a tech can make a significant difference.

On the other hand, it seems the refs are trying to avoid double techs in this series.

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 03:07:15 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, I just pray that the Celtics play in such a way that they can overcome these obstacles.

Haven't our team overcome so much just to get to this point?

Perk has been an important part of this series, even with him playing under control due to the tech job by the Refs. I'm proud of the man.

Just two more wins, Perk...then you can go into Staples Center, and Yell at the top of your voice, like KG..just let out all of that pent-up intensity that you've been holding in.

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 03:14:55 PM »

Offline bmxgitch

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
My opinion is Joe Crawford is the worst in the league ! He has a noticable hard on for Perkins and Wallace ! Thanks NBA !

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 03:20:33 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170

But this crew in particular set the tone for the first 3 games--by calling it WAAAY too tight---we finally got a decent reffed game last time....I'd settle for Bavetta right now.

If the league decides to call up Bavetta from the crypt to ref a game in these finals they'll lose the last shreds of credibility they have left with me.  
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 03:23:03 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
this crew called ray allen really tight on kobe. i am afraid kobe is going to get whatever he wants tonight

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 04:16:10 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
My opinion is Joe Crawford is the worst in the league ! He has a noticable hard on for Perkins and Wallace ! Thanks NBA !

Tommy Heinsohn, who hates all refs, says Joe Crawford is one of the best in the league.

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 04:36:53 PM »

Offline bmxgitch

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
You know what they say about opinions !

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 04:40:24 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Oh man this crew is not going to let us play defense.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 04:42:32 PM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
75% of the time crawford refs a game, the home team wins...

He could easily get Kobe and Gasol into foul trouble instead of Ray.

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 04:46:51 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Tommy Heinsohn, who hates all refs, says Joe Crawford is one of the best in the league.

When did he say that? I've never heard Tommy say it ... do you have a link? I've heard him speak about Joey Crawford many times, but it was never positive.

A blurb of Tommy's from FOX Sports: "But at least he's a step up from that Joey Crawford. Awww, come on... don't even get me started on that guy!!! Bing Bang Tommy Point!" (1:25 PM Dec 10th, 2009 via web)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 04:56:58 PM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *